Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
(03-18-2023, 10:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He said they asked him some math question and his answer was something like "Man, I'm a football player" At least he's honest. Hilarious

He has a sense of humor for sure. All funny answers. I wouldn't have been able to keep from laughing in that interview. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 04:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: OBJr on ESPN Get Up

https://youtu.be/fCWhfGD_1ac

Very smart and articulate fella, thanks Soonerpeace.

Also, was nice seeing Teddy Brewski again, haven't seen him for awhile as I don't watch espn much.
Reply/Quote
Uh oh. This flies in the face of the whole 'Trust Lou' narrative:

"Best tackle on the market is doing insane work for Orlando Brown," Solak told Sheil Kapadia, who hyped up the signing. "Because he's the best tackle on the market. Sure, I'll give you that, but I'm not even sure I agree with it, but I'll give you that. He's not a top 20 tackle."

"Having watched all those defensive films in the Bengals against Kansas City," Solak said. "Lou Anarumo, the Bengals defensive coordinator, has no respect for Orlando Brown. Every time he goes one-on-one hunting. He puts one of his explosive rushers, either Trey Hendrickson or Joseph Ossai, which are not insanely talented names, against Orlando Brown and they always win. When Lou learned that the Bengals were signing Orlando Brown to a big contract. I think his head was spinning."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/the-ringers-benjamin-solak-on-orlando-brown-signing-not-a-top-20-tackle-in-the-league
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Uh oh. This flies in the face of the whole 'Trust Lou' narrative:

"Best tackle on the market is doing insane work for Orlando Brown," Solak told Sheil Kapadia, who hyped up the signing. "Because he's the best tackle on the market. Sure, I'll give you that, but I'm not even sure I agree with it, but I'll give you that. He's not a top 20 tackle."

"Having watched all those defensive films in the Bengals against Kansas City," Solak said. "Lou Anarumo, the Bengals defensive coordinator, has no respect for Orlando Brown. Every time he goes one-on-one hunting. He puts one of his explosive rushers, either Trey Hendrickson or Joseph Ossai, which are not insanely talented names, against Orlando Brown and they always win. When Lou learned that the Bengals were signing Orlando Brown to a big contract. I think his head was spinning."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/the-ringers-benjamin-solak-on-orlando-brown-signing-not-a-top-20-tackle-in-the-league

To be clear this is some dbag from The Ringer’s opinion, not Lou’s.

And it’s a garbage take. Trey Hendrickson beats lots of premier LT’s. To suggest he’s not a “insanely talented name” is just ignorant. He’s been one of the best pass rushers in the league the past 3 years.

Apparently this guy is a known Bengal hater so I’d take this with a grain of salt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Uh oh. This flies in the face of the whole 'Trust Lou' narrative:

This person doesn't think Trey Hendrickson is insanely talented? Their opinion is meaningless. Saying he is not a top 20 tackle is also ridiculous, he may not be top 10 but we are not paying him as such, but he is definitely within the top 15. 
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:22 AM)Garrus Wrote: This person doesn't think Trey Hendrickson is insanely talented? Their opinion is meaningless. Saying he is not a top 20 tackle is also ridiculous, he may not be top 10 but we are not paying him as such, but he is definitely within the top 15. 

I'd say comfortably that he's 8-12.

But, one has to wonder why he lasted so long. And the league viewed him as a RT instead of a LT.

I do think we've seen with Glenn, Collins. Ced, and Fisher...that sometimes things look good for the line...and then turn out bad. That said, I think Brown is definately an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd say comfortably that he's 8-12.

But, one has to wonder why he lasted so long. And the league viewed him as a RT instead of a LT.

I do think we've seen with Glenn, Collins. Ced, and Fisher...that sometimes things look good for the line...and then turn out bad. That said, I think Brown is definately an upgrade.

I just watched Orlando Brown win a Super Bowl at LT, and give up 0 sacks against an insane Philly pass rush.

All the rest is just noise.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just watched Orlando Brown win a Super Bowl at LT, and give up 0 sacks against an insane Philly pass rush.

Yes. And Philly has a great pass rush.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone rewatched the Bengals V KC games and watched Brown (I did). Curious as to your thoughts?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just watched Orlando Brown win a Super Bowl at LT, and give up 0 sacks against an insane Philly pass rush.

and it's worth noting Brown is an upgrade at LT for the Bengals roster. If and I emphasize if people are right and he's better suited at RT it doesn't mean keeping him at LT is a bad move for the Bengals. Two things can be true: 1) he might be better at RT than LT but 2) he can still be a great sign and upgrade for the Bengals at LT.

I'm happy we landed this guy. People can have their takes but I think it's silly to view this signing negatively.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and it's worth noting Brown is an upgrade at LT for the Bengals roster. If and I emphasize if people are right and he's better suited at RT it doesn't mean keeping him at LT is a bad move for the Bengals. Two things can be true: 1) he might be better at RT than LT but 2) he can still be a great sign and upgrade for the Bengals at LT.

I'm happy we landed this guy. People can have their takes but I think it's silly to view this signing negatively.

He’s the best offensive lineman we’ve had since Whit left. And we got him on a pretty reasonable deal. There’s nothing not to like about it.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s the best offensive lineman we’ve had since Whit left. And we got him on a pretty reasonable deal. There’s nothing not to like about it.

I'm with you and I'm excited that the organization has made OL a priority two years in a row by going after Karras, Cappa, Collins, and now Brown in FA. They drafted Volson last year and we still have hope Carman can help this team.

Ownership and Duke are investing in the OL to protect Burrow. Now let's hope they can all stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: Has anyone rewatched the Bengals V KC games and watched Brown (I did). Curious as to your thoughts?

My thoughts are that rewatching the game is a waste of time.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: and it's worth noting Brown is an upgrade at LT for the Bengals roster. If and I emphasize if people are right and he's better suited at RT it doesn't mean keeping him at LT is a bad move for the Bengals. Two things can be true: 1) he might be better at RT than LT but 2) he can still be a great sign and upgrade for the Bengals at LT.

I think Brown is an upgrade over injured last season Jonah.

Not sure Brown is an upgrade over the Jonah from 2 years ago.

But, out of 4 NFL Seasons, Jonah has only been above average to good once.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:52 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm with you and I'm excited that the organization has made OL a priority two years in a row by going after Karras, Cappa, Collins, and now Brown in FA. They drafted Volson last year and we still have hope Carman can help this team.

Ownership and Duke are investing in the OL to protect Burrow. Now let's hope they can all stay healthy.

Yes. Absolutely they are trying to improve the line in a big way.
Reply/Quote
I mean, we all noticed the chiefs get away with blatant holding all game in the afc championship...

I guess it’s conveniently not a point of conversation anymore now that cincy has one of their linemen
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 11:22 AM)Garrus Wrote:
This person doesn't think Trey Hendrickson is insanely talented? Their opinion is meaningless.
Saying he is not a top 20 tackle is also ridiculous, he may not be top 10 but we are not paying him as such, but he is definitely within the top 15. 

"He's just spittin out words to see where they splatter"
Reply/Quote

Yeah, that was a ridiculous opinion from that guy. Trey can beat any LT in the NFL, Orlando isn't alone.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 12:26 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I mean, we all noticed the chiefs get away with blatant holding all game in the afc championship...

I guess it’s conveniently not a point of conversation anymore now that cincy has one of their linemen

You could pick out text book holding on virtually every play of every single game. Did they hold our DEs? Yep sure did and if it is not being called then why wouldn't you? I would say they make smart offensive linemen if they know something is not being called and use it to their advantage. Trey gets held a lot by many different linemen because he is one of the best pass rushers in the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 12:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think Brown is an upgrade over injured last season Jonah.

Not sure Brown is an upgrade over the Jonah from 2 years ago.

But, out of 4 NFL Seasons, Jonah has only been above average to good once.

Well two years ago Jonah was graded at 70.1 overall and this season Orlando was graded at 75.8 overall that math to me says that he was better than the Jonah we saw two years ago.
Reply/Quote