Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlovsky says Burrow is a top 5 QB today
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Any mention tmthat does not end with Joe is the greatest ever will be criticized...I tend to agree Joe has moved into top 10 qb conversion, and with the trio of WRs, he could be top 5 in near future.  This weekend will be the next Joe vs top Qb in Mahomes.. be interesting to see who comes out on top

I have to when so many people are so hypersensitive to any critical comments about him. 

For example I don't think it is critical of Joe at all to say that he will not win a single game with his "swagger" or "holding players accountable".  If "swagger" won games then Johnny Manziel would be a star in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
The only QB I wouldn't take him over is Mahomes other than that Joe is definitely a top 5 QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:51 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: You fail to understand what people mean when they talk about swagger or accountability. They are not saying these are the only characteristics about Burrow that contribute to him being a QB. When posters bring this up they are not neglecting his other talents, that he's surrounded by talented players, or other variables. Thus, your Manziel swagger comment is nonsensical. 

It is odd you make these incorrect assumptions about people over and over again.

Actually You are 100% wrong.  MANY fans have said we would win because of his swagger without mentioning anything else.  

I can provide multiple examples if you think I am being "nonsensical"
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:23 AM)J24 Wrote: The only QB I wouldn't take him over is Mahomes other than that Joe is definitely a top 5 QB.

Joe is really starting to show what he is capable of and I think that coupled with his contract really makes him too valuable. I think that Mahomes is currently a better QB, but Joe is probably the best value at QB in the league, given what we are currently seeing. I hope he keeps it up, because we are going to need it these last two weeks. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually You are 100% wrong.  MANY fans have said we would win because of his swagger without mentioning anything else.  

Posters only stating swagger within a post does not mean they are neglecting other important factors that contribute to winning. They are just highlighting swagger as being important. It doesn't matter if you can provide examples because you make misinterpretations for your contrarian and nonsensical posting habits. Post history don't lie. You're 100% nonsensical.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

Joe still has room to improve.  The only guys I might rank ahead of him are experienced veterans.

Perfectly reasonable, and tbh, thats pretty amazing that we are already to the point where we are only taking guys like Rodgers over him.
Reply/Quote
Jeff Saturday also put Burrow in his top 5, which kinda surprised me.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:01 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He also said no one in the entire league would pass on Burrow if he became available tomorrow. He said said he would take him over Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes without hesitation.

I saw that, in a separate segment from the same day he said 31 teams out there would pick Burrow over Kyler Murray 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 11:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually You are 100% wrong.  MANY fans have said we would win because of his swagger without mentioning anything else.  

No one thought this or insinuated this.  This is foolish 

If not mentioned in the direct post, it is implied that his swagger is earned from previous performance and confidence in his ability. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:19 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: No one thought this or insinuated this.  This is foolish 

If not mentioned in the direct post, it is implied that his swagger is earned from previous performance and confidence in his ability. 

Correct, when a person focuses in on swagger as a positive trait, they don't have to identify the many, many other reasons as to why a player is successful. Reading comprehension skills at a third grade level for the win!
Reply/Quote
I just want Burrow's pinky to heal so we can see what he is truly capable of...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I just want Burrow's pinky to heal so we can see what he is truly capable of...

Fair point, he's playing hurt which is even more impressive. Although, I suppose most QBs play banged up during the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:41 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fair point, he's playing hurt which is even more impressive. Although, I suppose most QBs play banged up during the season.

Banged up, yes.  Injuries to the digits that hold and influence the spin of the ball, not so much.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:38 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I just want Burrow's pinky to heal so we can see what he is truly capable of...

What's crazy is that in the 3 games since injuring the pinky:

75.4 comp %, 7 tds - 0 int, 10.1 ypa, 129.9 rating

Mellow
Reply/Quote
True story..... Joe Burrow was leaving practice at PBS the other day, and there was a family in an old crappy beat up Chevy Chevette sitting on the side of the street, having run out of gas. JoeyB stopped to talk to them and told them he would like to help them out, but he didn't have a can to go get any gas for them. The father, being a huge Bengals fan, asked Burrow if he could just piss in the gas tank and see if that could get them as far as the gas station. Burrow being Burrow, obliged and took a leak in the tank. The Chevette is now a Champion.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:19 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: No one thought this or insinuated this.  This is foolish 

You are clueless

(12-27-2021, 09:45 AM)pally Wrote: Cincinnati, both the team and city, needed JoeyB’s personality.  That is why, for me, The whole Burrow/Herbert argument is meaningless.  For this team it is not about their physical ability to play QB.  They both do that excellently.  But, Cincinnati needed Joe’s visible swagger, confidence, never give up attitude. 

(10-10-2021, 07:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The question isn't about talent, it's about swagger. It's part of the game.

That swagger can strike fear in some people too, it's not just talent.

I can post dozens of other examples if you want.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are clueless

Ugh, Look at what Pally wrote again.... She said both play QB excellently. Fail.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are clueless

Pally's comment made it clear that the physical part was already a given, but you conveniently ignored that part.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ugh, Look at what Pally wrote again.... She said both play QB excellently. Fail.

Look at the part where Pally says "it is not about the physical ability".
Reply/Quote