Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlovsky says Burrow is a top 5 QB today
(12-28-2021, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look at the part where Pally says "it is not about the physical ability".

Because "THEY BOTH HAVE THE PHYSICAL ABILITY TO PLAY THE POSITION EXCELLENTLY" 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look at the part where Pally says "it is not about the physical ability".

Why do you keep leaving out the very next line?
Reply/Quote
Toasty yet again being nit-picky for only one reason:

Quote:Trolling with posts / threads that are purposely intended to provoke reactions and instigate arguments.

The moderators here deserve a bonus because the Toasty post history reveals he repeatedly violates this rule in spirit. It's, in a rubbernecking way, oddly intriguing because he spends more time being pedantic about other posts than actually enjoying talking Bengals football. The result, another thread ruined by Toasty. This thread is derailed and no longer about Burrow's label as a top 5 QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Why do you keep leaving out the very next line?

Because I am talking about people claiming "swagger" wins games.

When someone says it is NOT about the physical ability to play QB then that 100% supports my position.

Why do you all keep refusing to address the other quote I posted?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are clueless

I can post dozens of other examples if you want.

I can't believe you posted both of these as examples when the first one says exactly what Techmo is saying right after the part you highlighted. The second one implies it as well. 

You really can't see that? Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because I am talking about people claiming "swagger" wins games.

When someone says it is NOT about the physical ability to play QB then that 100% supports my position.

The quote says it isn't about physical ability because they both possess that. They are saying that it is a given, but they believe Cincinnati needed Joe's mindset and confidence. It is quite obvious that no one here believes the physical aspect of playing the game is meaningless, they are just saying that there is no question that Joe (or Herbert) can already do that well and have displayed it.

The second quote is saying the same. The question isn't about talent, as in you're not questioning the talent, but whether or not they have the 'right' attitude or level of confidence. They are saying that it isn't only about talent, but that confidence can also affect performance. 

I am not reading this at all like you are. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because I am talking about people claiming "swagger" wins games.

The reason she said it's not about the 'physical ability' is because, as she made very clear, that was already a given. She's making the point that Joe's intangibles are what separates him in terms of what the Bengals needed at QB. 

Reuben's quote also implied pretty much the same. He even said it's 'part' of the game, not the only factor.

You picked terrible examples to make your point, because neither do.

You can have 2 QB's who are both physically gifted, but the intangibles matter...especially in terms of fitting your specific team or situation. If you disagree with that, then I don't know what to say.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:45 PM)KillerGoose Wrote:  They are saying that it isn't only about talent,

I don't see an "only" in there.

(10-10-2021, 07:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The question isn't about talent, it's about swagger. 

But make up whatever you want to make yourself feel better.  

I'll keep posting what people actually say and you keep posting stuff you make up.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are clueless

I can post dozens of other examples if you want.

HAHA, in both of your examples they point out his physical ability as excellent and that it's not just his talent, that it supplements it.  Get a clue 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see an "only" in there.

I'll keep posting what people actually say and you keep posting stuff you make up.

The actual post of what they said doesn't match your claim...so unaware 
Reply/Quote

So many example of context given to you and you still refuse (or can't) see it. It baffles me that a grown man...in your profession...can be given so many examples and you still refuse to see it. 

Absolutely baffling. Unless you're trolling or just being purposefully obtuse. 

Every single person participating in this can see what is being said, yet you, alone, still think you're right. Un-freaking-believable.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Some of you need to learn to ignore Toasty... trust me I want to respond to 99% of his takes but I know it would just keep the fire going.

Anyways back to the topic at hand is Burrow a top 5 QB.... YES

This is perhaps a lazy take but imagine if the dude had 1 more second to breathe behind this o-line. I'm not even sure this would be a discussion if we didn't ride Mixon so hard during the middle of the season. Burrow sacrificed prob 500-600 yards and a lot more TD's.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote

You should be able to see a “just”.

“That swagger can strike fear in some people too, it's not just talent.“
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 01:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'll keep posting what people actually say and you keep posting stuff you make up.

The fallacy in your thinking is embarrassingly laughable. You have this self-made up construct that how you decide to interpret and respond to posts is actually the right way. You sincerely believe others are lesser and wrong. 100% pathetic.

Instead you only violate forum rules:
Quote:Trolling with posts / threads that are purposely intended to provoke reactions and instigate arguments.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:49 PM)tBengal Wrote: Burrow seems to have that “IT” factor that very few QB’s have. I don’t know what “IT” is exactly, I couldn’t describe it to you if you asked me, I just know it when I see it. Wouldn’t doubt he’s a top 5 QB right now but even if he’s “only” top 10 he still has time to improve, I think he could very well end up one of, if not the top QB in the league someday. He’s only in year two and is going to get better so being a top 10 QB in your second year is pretty dang good. I wouldn’t take any other QB in the NFL over him and I’m sure Bills, Chiefs, Bucs fans etc. wouldn’t take any QB in the NFL over theirs.

I just want to see him win us a playoff game this year.

Yeah, he is top 10 after the last 5 games where has been the best at a lot of things. Early on you could tell the knee was still 
bothering him and he was throwing a lot of head scratching picks. He has got this out of his game and finally looks 100% after
this last Ravens game where he was moving the pocket the way he wanted and running for first downs. He finally looked fast 
again like he was before the injury. He was slow early in the year. This is a big dynamic that just got added to his game.

With his swagger, moxie, accuracy, leadership, poise and overall confidence there is no one I take over Joe Burrow. 

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL right now though, we need to knock him down a peg come Sunday for this to change.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, he is top 10 after the last 5 games where has been the best at a lot of things. Early on you could tell the knee was still 
bothering him and he was throwing a lot of head scratching picks.
He has got this out of his game and finally looks 100% after
this last Ravens game where he was moving the pocket the way he wanted and running for first downs. He finally looked fast 
again like he was before the injury. He was slow early in the year. This is a big dynamic that just got added to his game.

With his swagger, moxie, accuracy, leadership, poise and overall confidence there is no one I take over Joe Burrow. 

Mahomes is the best QB in the NFL right now though, we need to knock him down a peg come Sunday for this to change.

He does seem to be moving around in the pocket much better of late. I also hope he's learned from the early interceptions and we see continued decline in the frequency he throws them.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:35 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: He does seem to be moving around in the pocket much better of late. I also hope he's learned from the early interceptions and we see continued decline in the frequency he throws them.

For sure. That was the only thing that was bad from him early on in the year. We lost a couple games because of those weird
ass interceptions where not one of our guys was around the Defender. The Bears game and the Packers game could of easily 
went our way if Burrow just took care of the ball much better. 3 picks in a row in that Bears game was just nutz.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 03:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure. That was the only thing that was bad from him early on in the year. We lost a couple games because of those weird
ass interceptions where not one of our guys was around the Defender. The Bears game and the Packers game could of easily 
went our way if Burrow just took care of the ball much better. 3 picks in a row in that Bears game was just nutz.

Ultimately, it speaks to how impressive Burrow is for being able to come back from the injury and still perform at a top level on game day.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 02:31 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The fallacy in your thinking is embarrassingly laughable. You have this self-made up construct that how you decide to interpret and respond to posts is actually the right way. You sincerely believe others are lesser and wrong. 100% pathetic.

Instead you only violate forum rules:

Reminds me of the cop on the witness stand during a murder trial. The cop stated he knew the victim was dead because his brains were all over the wall. The Defense attorney asked him how he knew the person was dead. The cop replied because he didn't have any brains, they were all over the wall. The defense attorney then bullied the cop, asking how, since he was not a doctor, could he make the determination that just because someone doesn't have any brains he is dead, because he was not a doctor and did not have the training.  The cop said, Well, you're right, I guess he could have been a lawyer.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Burrow has certainly moved his way into the top-10, but isn't Orlovsky also known for a lot of bad takes?

I think the whole "no one in the entire league would pass on him right now" is a bit much. Unless he was also talking from a contract standpoint? Because nobody is shoving Patrick Mahomes out for Joe Burrow right now. He's an MVP, SB Champ, All-Pro, and only 1 year older than Burrow. Even if you consider money, Burrow is going to get paid after next year, so you're really only buying yourself 1 cheap year. The Bucs are probably happy with Brady right now too because they are in 100% in SB-or-bust mode and who are you ever going to bet on in the postseason over Brady (now that Eli is retired, lol)? I think the Packers are also in a SB-or-bust mode with Rodgers this year and he might repeat as MVP. Plus I think the Cardinals are very happy with Murray who keeps getting better and the Bills fans would literally riot if they got rid of Allen. McVay seems to have a broner for Stafford.

I will admit I had Burrow ranked decent low coming into this year (I think like 21 or 23?) in a thread about QB Rankings based solely off what he's done in the NFL and not potential. Since then he's certainly shown more in the NFL and he's in the 6-10 range.

Could end the thread with that simple statement right there.

Orlovsky talks out of his ass as much as Cowherd. 

Burrow is good/great and can continue to grow and get better. But you aren't taking him over a guy who has already shown you that at the same age, he can perform in the most clutch situation and win a damn Super Bowl. Burrow has to hoist a trophy before you make this comparison.

I get the feeling Burrow will be like Manning (the good one) and he'll do great things and probably bring a Championship to Cincinnati. Unfortunately like Manning, there will be this constant bump in the road named Mahomes (Brady) that keeps him from winning as many as he could.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote