Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orlovsky says Burrow is a top 5 QB today
It is fun to see Burrow is now trusting his knee and his mobility more. Previously he caused not only INTs but also sacks by not moving at all in the pocket. As such, watching him bob and weave and climb the pocket Sunday was a lot of fun. It was missing from his game and we are now seeing the effect of having it back - he is giving the receivers that extra second or two to get open and it is showing up on the statline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think there's a need to differentiate between "Top QB to win a game today" and "Top QB to build your franchise around for the next decade".

Don't get me wrong, Burrow ranks high on both. But crowning him as a top 5 right now might be premature.
Reply/Quote
I think top 5 is a little rich. Or at least that was my first thought. I mean, Rodgers, Brady, & Mahomes are a pretty clear cut top 3.

After that? Jackson has an MVP but no playoff wins. Allen in Buffalo & Dak in Dalls come to mind. Russell Wilson had an off year but still is damn good. Murray & Herbert are young, upcoming guys, right with Burrow.

I think 4-10 is pretty jumbled. On resume alone, Jackson, Wilson, & Big Ben have it. Based on right now, I think Burrow belongs.

FWIW, Pro-Bowl offensive lineman for:

1. Rodgers: None.
2. Brady: Wirfs, OT (starter); Marpet, OG (reserve); Jensen, C (reserve)
3. Mahommes: Brown, OT (starter); Kelce, TE (reserve)
4. Jackson: Andrews, TE (starter) (plus an all-pro FB)
5. Allen: Dawkins, OT (reserve);
6. Prescott: Smith, OT (reserve); Martin, OG (starter)
7. Wilson: None.
8. Herbert: Slater, OT (starter); Linsley, C, (starter).
9. Murray: None.
10. Burrow: None
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What's crazy is that in the 3 games since injuring the pinky:

75.4 comp %, 7 tds - 0 int, 10.1 ypa, 129.9 rating

Mellow

So if his numbers should decline at some point, we need to smack his pinky with a hammer?
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:13 PM)Joelist Wrote: It is fun to see Burrow is now trusting his knee and his mobility more. Previously he caused not only INTs but also sacks by not moving at all in the pocket. As such, watching him bob and weave and climb the pocket Sunday was a lot of fun. It was missing from his game and we are now seeing the effect of having it back - he is giving the receivers that extra second or two to get open and it is showing up on the statline.

No doubt this gives me so much more confidence in the Offense as a whole after seeing this. Different dynamic when Joe can 
play like Joe, where he can move the pocket, give the WR's more time and make magic happen. Like you said, haven't see this 
from him this year until just this last game. He said he finally feels like his old self again. 

We saw it and it was awesome to behold.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is showing the things that got him a Heisman and drafted #1OA. Intelligence, Vision, Accuracy, Ball Placement, and Pocket Awareness. He's also showing some of his negatives too... Holding to play Hero Ball.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Joe Burrow is showing the things that got him a Heisman and drafted #1OA. Intelligence, Vision, Accuracy, Ball Placement, and Pocket Awareness. He's also showing some of his negatives too... Holding to play Hero Ball.

Yep, have to take the negatives though too, just the way he plays.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think top 5 is a little rich. Or at least that was my first thought. I mean, Rodgers, Brady, & Mahomes are a pretty clear cut top 3.

After that? Jackson has an MVP but no playoff wins. Allen in Buffalo & Dak in Dalls come to mind. Russell Wilson had an off year but still is damn good. Murray & Herbert are young, upcoming guys, right with Burrow.

I think 4-10 is pretty jumbled. On resume alone, Jackson, Wilson, & Big Ben have it. Based on right now, I think Burrow belongs.

1. Rodgers: None.
2. Brady: Wirfs, OT (starter); Marpet, OG (reserve); Jensen, C (reserve)
3. Mahommes: Brown, OT (starter); Kelce, TE (reserve)
4. Jackson: Andrews, TE (starter) (plus an all-pro FB)
5. Allen: Dawkins, OT (reserve);
6. Prescott: Smith, OT (reserve); Martin, OG (starter)
7. Wilson: None.
8. Herbert: Slater, OT (starter); Linsley, C, (starter).
9. Murray: None.
10. Burrow: None

Lost me with the corpse of Big Ben mention
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 04:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I think top 5 is a little rich. Or at least that was my first thought.  I mean, Rodgers, Brady, & Mahomes are a pretty clear cut top 3.  

Big Ben, huh?

Big ben...
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:23 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Lost me with the corpse of Big Ben mention

His resume is top 5 of any QB in the league, easy. Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Mahomes, & Wilson would be my top 5.  Disagree?  

He is just washed at the moment.  Which is why he is retiring. 

Top 5: Career Accomplishments:
1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Ben
4. Mahomes
5. Wilson

Top 5: Right Now
1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Allen
5. Burrow/Prescott/Wilson

Top 5 to build around:
1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Burrow
4. Murray
5. Herbert
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: His resume is top 5 of any QB in the league, easy. Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Mahomes, & Wilson would be my top 5.  Disagree?  

which means he isnt top 5 currently
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: His resume is top 5 of any QB in the league, easy. Brady, Rodgers, Ben, Mahomes, & Wilson would be my top 5.  Disagree?  

Idk how anyone could not disagree with you here. You yourself said Ben is washed. Why in the world would you put him anywhere near a current top QB list? Are we also putting WR’s like AJ or Julio near the top based solely off resumes?

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 07:49 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Top 5: Right Now
1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Brady
4. Allen
5. Burrow/Prescott/Wilson

By what possible metric has Russell Wilson been better than Matthew Stafford this year? You seem to be basing a lot on years past, and not how these guys are currently performing.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: What's crazy is that in the 3 games since injuring the pinky:

75.4 comp %, 7 tds - 0 int, 10.1 ypa, 129.9 rating

Mellow

New bionic pinky.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Burrow deserves top 5 discussion today. That is undeniable.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 12:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jeff Saturday also put Burrow in his top 5, which kinda surprised me.

Honestly this looks about right to me.

Reply/Quote
Good piece on Burrow here from a former NFL executive.

Reply/Quote
It’s weird to see so many think that he’s not deserving of being in the top 5 discussion. I think it’s pretty obvious that he's up there.

Brady and Rodgers are 1 & 2, but they’ll be dropping off of the list soon.

Then you have a group of 5-7 competing for those next few spots, IMO. Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, Prescott, Allen…maybe Stafford and Murray.

Joe Burrow is a top 5 QB with #1 potential.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2021, 10:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good piece on Burrow here from a former NFL executive.

lets admit it, while Herbert had a great rookie year, everyone crowning him the #1 qb of that draft is doing so mainly because Herbert managed to stay healthy all season

What Burrow is doing even from from a stat perspective this season is nothing short of incredible, considering he detroyed his knee last year, and it's only his 2nd year in the league. yada yada I've said this before

Burrow's been better than Herbert in almost every category this season
Reply/Quote