Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Tackles have played better
Besides for the 1 play by Andre. That's 2 consecutive weeks for ok tackle play. Problem is interior is absoulute garbage still
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Besides for the 1 play by Andre. That's 2 consecutive weeks for ok tackle play. Problem is interior is absoulute garbage still

Each tackle had 1 look out block. 
It's not better. the IOL is just getting worse actually. 
Reply/Quote
Too bad our players aren't tackling better -- See what I did there?
Reply/Quote
The pass protection is better. The run blocking is HORRIBLE. Maybe the worst in the league.
Reply/Quote
The tackles aren’t better it’s just the interior defenders got there faster being closer and all.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They’re fantastic at helping Dalton up off his ass.
Reply/Quote
I thought the O-line was terrible. Not only do they get pushed around but the communication is terrible. Amazing how many times two of them chase the same guy and let someone else run untouched at QB.

There is not one of them that I would keep next year.
Reply/Quote
The O-line is flat out garbage across the board. No one is playing better
Reply/Quote
Bodine might be worse then Guiachec
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Besides for the 1 play by Andre. That's 2 consecutive weeks for ok tackle play. Problem is interior is absoulute garbage still

No room for that in here.

WTS, I do feel the tackles are getting better and if you looked at the pressure today in came up the middle usually off a blitz or stunt. But at this point the OTs can do nothing that will allow many to see their improvement.

If you were to tell me I could upgrade 2 Oline positions today it would be RG and C not the OTs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is the worst o-line I've seen in a long while.
Reply/Quote

The OTs are getting all the attention and negative comments from fans, and while they are not good, they have been doing better. I agree with you that the interior of the OL is as big or more of a problem than the OTs. I cannot count the number of times in todays game that a simple crossover stunt got pass rushers in unblocked on Dalton. That goes to Bodine making calls and screw ups on who gets passed off to who.
Reply/Quote

Better?  Better than what?  Better than fence posts, but just barely.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It blows my mind that anyone thinks this line looks ok. My Wife is a Lions fan (she's seen a bad line a time or two) and couldn't believe the pressure today.

I hope someone posts the number of pressures from this game. It easily had to be double digits. It seemed like damn near every play.

And once again, our trio of 2nd round picks went for 34 yards on 2.0 per carry. Some don't like hearing about it, but it's impossible to overstate how bad this line is.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It blows my mind that anyone thinks this line looks ok. My Wife is a Lions fan (she's seen a bad line a time or two) and couldn't believe the pressure today.

I hope someone posts the number of pressures from this game. It easily had to be double digits. It seemed like damn near every play.

And once again, our trio of 2nd round picks went for 34 yards on 2.0 per carry. Some don't like hearing about it, but it's impossible to overstate how bad this line is.

Who has said the oline looks ok? 

Reply/Quote
Above all else, and as much as the dead horse has been beaten down to a flat hide, Alexander should be fired the moment the season is over. If they are going to hold Zampese accountable for the offense not playing well, then the same should be for positional coaches, especially for the worst unit on the team.

Anyways would be nice to have 2 tackles play the game, but it is what it is with who they got.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 08:44 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I thought the O-line was terrible. Not only do they get pushed around but the communication is terrible. Amazing how many times two of them chase the same guy and let someone else run untouched at QB.

There is not one of them that I would keep next year.
I know for sure this franchise has hit bottom.
How do I know besides my own lying eyes?
Because --My wife watched about two minutes of the game and said, "That offensive line is TERIBLE." And, then she left the room.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who has said the oline looks ok? 

The next time you bash the line will be the first time.

You've honestly seemed irritated that people are focused on it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 09:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The next time you bash the line will be the first time.

You've honestly seemed irritated that people are focused on it.

Who has said the oline looks ok?

I don't mind folks focusing on the oline; I do appreciate if they are open to seeing improvement. Both Ced and Jake scored in the mid 70s last week according to PFF and I though we did well with outside pressure today.

WTS, Bodine has not continued the slight improvement we saw last year, Hopkins is what he is an UDFA, and Boling has regressed. The small amount of time I've spent in the draft forum this year I have called for the interior olineman from ND. I'm just not ready to spend every draft pick on oline; nor am I ready to write Ced and Jake off. 

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 09:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who has said the oline looks ok?

I don't mind folks focusing on the oline; I do appreciate if they are open to seeing improvement. Both Ced and Jake scored in the mid 70s last week according to PFF and I though we did well with outside pressure today.

WTS, Bodine has not continued the slight improvement we saw last year, Hopkins is what he is an UDFA, and Boling has regressed. The small amount of time I've spent in the draft forum this year I have called for the interior olineman from ND. I'm just not ready to spend every draft pick on oline; nor am I ready to write Ced and Jake off. 

I haven't seen anything to like from this line. The interior has been worse over the last couple weeks, but the tackles have been mediocre at best.

Isn't a 70 a not-so-good grade anyway? Where are they on the season? I wouldn't mind seeing a list of their grades week by week with an explanation on what's considered good by their system.
Reply/Quote