Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our inept FO strikes again...
(02-03-2021, 02:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How would I know? Why did Denver let him walk in the first place? Can you ever just admit the team did something wrong? I mean, there’s being a homer, and then there’s what you do...

He clearly didn’t have a shoulder injury in a season he put up 19.5 sacks.

That's exactly the point, you DON"T know. You don't know if they didn't sign him because they saw the same injury. You also don't know if Denver let him walk because they saw the same injury. But you and others are quick to use your 20-20 perfect vision to lambast the Bengals organization for not signing him because they saw something on an MRI they thought would hamper his already journeyman performance.  

Can you ever admit that there might be a legitimate reason for things the Bengals do? Do you think the fact he is up for another contract might be the reason he's bringing this up now and saying he has no injury? And the number of sacks doesn't mean he wasn't injured, it just means whatever injury he might have didn't hamper him. 

And maybe I am a homer, I'll own that, but that's just to counter all you so called Bengals fans who act more like Steelers fans in Smack Talk when it comes to discussing this team. it's actually quite amazing the Administrators and Moderators don't enforce the "Fans only" in Jungle Noise on some of you considering some of the comments made here.
Reply/Quote
Whenever I see "strikes again" I anticipate seeing a story less than nearly two years old.
Reply/Quote
Our med staff must consist of a gynecologist, urologist, and an ENT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 02:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: “They said I had something with my shoulder or something that — I don’t have anything with my shoulder,” Barrett said. “That’s when they pulled off, which had me pretty upset because I was putting all my eggs into that basket. I thought Cincinnati would have been the right move for me and they offered me a two-year contract and my agent was sure he could get me up a little bit more than what they offered so it would have been the most money I’d ever made with the most security. And that’s all I wanted was security and stability for my family. It was a gut shot once they pulled the contract offer, but I didn’t hear from anybody else about anything from the teams I visited about any shoulder injury because I never had a shoulder injury.”

This is old news from 2 seasons ago.
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 02:43 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: He is surounded by a ton more talent than we have on defense. JPP,Suh,White,David...those guys are pretty damn good. Odds of probability would lean towards him having success. That said, it wreaks of inept front office Bengalism and their staff of the seven dwarves.

Lawson, Dunlap, Atkins, and Hubbard are all good players. Barret would have balled here in 2020 at the very least.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 07:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's exactly the point, you DON"T know. You don't know if they didn't sign him because they saw the same injury. You also don't know if Denver let him walk because they saw the same injury. But you and others are quick to use your 20-20 perfect vision to lambast the Bengals organization for not signing him because they saw something on an MRI they thought would hamper his already journeyman performance.  

Can you ever admit that there might be a legitimate reason for things the Bengals do? Do you think the fact he is up for another contract might be the reason he's bringing this up now and saying he has no injury? And the number of sacks doesn't mean he wasn't injured, it just means whatever injury he might have didn't hamper him. 

And maybe I am a homer, I'll own that, but that's just to counter all you so called Bengals fans who act more like Steelers fans in Smack Talk when it comes to discussing this team. it's actually quite amazing the Administrators and Moderators don't enforce the "Fans only" in Jungle Noise on some of you considering some of the comments made here.
I'm not amazed. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Typical Bungles medical staff.
Reply/Quote
I always have to remind myself that every dumb move they've made the past 5+ years led is to Joe Burrow. Correcting any one of those mistakes, from Ross, Ced,Whit and Shaq could've changed our faith. Hopefully now they start making good decisions...I know... wishful thinking. Same morons also got Burrow hurt
Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 07:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That's exactly the point, you DON"T know. You don't know if they didn't sign him because they saw the same injury. You also don't know if Denver let him walk because they saw the same injury. But you and others are quick to use your 20-20 perfect vision to lambast the Bengals organization for not signing him because they saw something on an MRI they thought would hamper his already journeyman performance.  

Oh please. This team has not won a playoff game in 30 years. They have not earned the benefit of the doubt. Quite the opposite actually. You’re not a better fan because you stick your head in the sand and act like they’re not being run by a bunch of clueless and incompetent morons.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 10:57 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I always have to remind myself that every dumb move they've made the past 5+ years led is to Joe Burrow. Correcting any one of those mistakes, from Ross, Ced,Whit and Shaq could've changed our faith. Hopefully now they start making good decisions...I know... wishful thinking. Same morons also got Burrow hurt

Yeah, we’re not off to a good start. Allowing Michael Jordan to be a starting guard to protect your franchise is a clear cut case of incompetence. They either get serious and change their ways (I’m not holding my breath) or we will have Andrew Luck 2.0.

Reply/Quote
It was a mistake not to sign Barret it is not that hard of a thing to admit.
Ever since the Antonio Bryant signing they seem to be over cautious with medicals. Sometimes shit happens.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 09:43 AM)R3stangs Wrote: Not surprising. We're too busy designing uniforms and deciding whether to keep the "B" logo to be bothered with evaluating players.

Gotta have priorities.

No worries, someone will take a vacation coming up soon. Gotta get that skiing in while it's winter ya know.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 10:57 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I always have to remind myself that every dumb move they've made the past 5+ years led is to Joe Burrow. Correcting any one of those mistakes, from Ross, Ced,Whit and Shaq could've changed our faith. Hopefully now they start making good decisions...I know... wishful thinking. Same morons also got Burrow hurt

Taylor was the biggest of all the decisions that led to Burrow. That 2 win season was epically bad, worse in team history!

The fact that they kept him, even into 2020 is a sign that the mistakes roll on.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Taylor was the biggest of all the decisions that led to Burrow. That 2 win season was epically bad, worse in team history!

The fact that they kept him, even into 2020 is a sign that the mistakes roll on.

Not only him, we didn’t even change a single coordinator! What team does that after 6-25-1 in two seasons? It’s insane.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Oh please. This team has not won a playoff game in 30 years. They have not earned the benefit of the doubt. Quite the opposite actually. You’re not a better fan because you stick your head in the sand and act like they’re not being run by a bunch of clueless and incompetent morons.

I wonder what these clueless and incompetent morons would do if the Texans offered them Watson for Burrow

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what these clueless and incompetent morons would do if the Texans offered them Watson for Burrow

Probably have flashbacks to Carson Palmer threatening to retire rather than play for them anymore.

Reply/Quote
(02-03-2021, 11:11 PM)J24 Wrote: It was a mistake not to sign Barret it is not that hard of a thing to admit.
Ever since the Antonio Bryant signing they seem to be over cautious with medicals. Sometimes shit happens.

It's also not that hard to admit that not signing him doesn't make a FO inept. It does appear we vetted him more than 29 other teams in the NFL and came the closest to signing him. What does that say about the rest of the league? 

Folks just look for things to point to. Not signing a dude 2 years ago who was a spot starter and not know for his sacks is not a sign on ineptness. It's simple hindsight. Now drafting John Ross...

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It's also not that hard to admit that not signing him doesn't make a FO inept. It does appear we vetted him more than 29 other teams in the NFL and came the closest to signing him. What does that say about the rest of the league? 

Folks just look for things to point to. Not signing a dude 2 years ago who was a spot starter and not know for his sacks is not a sign on ineptness. It's simple hindsight. Now drafting John Ross...
Who cares what the rest of the league does? 
The Bengals could have signed an elite player on a steal of a deal and failed. They should be taking responsibility for it instead of making excuses everytime they get something wrong.
J24

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Who cares what the rest of the league does? 
The Bengals could have signed an elite player on a steal of a deal and failed. They should be taking responsibility for it instead of making excuses everytime they get something wrong.

Who was this elite player they could have signed in 2018?

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Who cares what the rest of the league does? 

Rep

Reply/Quote