Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outcoached?
(09-13-2023, 10:33 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Our coaching staff is solid... Zac makes some bad play calls but over all he is solid.

I think burrow does a lot to save his ass
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 11:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The ball doesn't get soaking wet when frozen snow hits it. The snow falls off instead of saturating it like rain does. Did you never play football in the rain and snow? And obviously you did not watch the game, the Browns had as much problem throwing it as we did.

Yup, the balls were not wet at all during the Buffalo game. We never played with a real football when it was raining as kids, always used a nerf. It would get heavy & be dangerous...lol. Still easier to throw than a wet leather or rubber ball. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 05:47 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I want to know why they punted on the one 4th down when they were in FG range. I'm not saying go for the FG (it would've been a long one and in those conditions all but guaranteed to miss), but keep the offense out there and go for the 1st down. What makes it especially strange is that I think it's the kind of 4th down that Zac previously usually went for the 1st down.

Pretty sure that was the punt that went into the end zone. Was a pointless punt. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 07:39 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Belichick with Burrow would be working on his 3rd Bengals' Super Bowl this year. 

Especially with the 07 O-line. Burrow with that much time to throw.....one can dream.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think burrow does a lot to save his ass

Taylor's record without Burrow speaks for itself.
Burrow (and arguably Herbert or Tua) can help make up for coaching deficiencies.

Luckily, barring some long injury, we shouldn't have to worry about Burrow not being on the field until possibly 2031.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think burrow does a lot to save his ass

Is this not a given? it is the players job to execute the plays which the coaching staff seem fit against each opponent (other coaches are involved as well) and it is also the coaches job to make sure each individual player is utilizing their abilities at full capacity against each team, but Zac in my view is better than what a lot of people give him credit.   Burrow does a lot but he is utilizing his abilities but to state Zac is being out coached on a weekly basis is a bit of a stretch in my view. 
Reply/Quote

Or vice a versa but it doesn’t matter Burrow from his comments is totally bought into Zac.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:29 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Is this not a given? it is the players job to execute the plays which the coaching staff seem fit against each opponent (other coaches are involved as well) and it is also the coaches job to make sure each individual player is utilizing their abilities at full capacity against each team, but Zac in my view is better than what a lot of people give him credit.   Burrow does a lot but he is utilizing his abilities but to state Zac is being out coached on a weekly basis is a bit of a stretch in my view. 

Not so much with the talent on the team 

But we all see things differently.  And we are stuck with Zac for the foreseeable future.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not so much with the talent on the team 

But we all see things differently.  And we are stuck with Zac for the foreseeable future.

Well...I think the question is will the Bengals make it to another SB or 2 in Burrow's career and hopefully win a couple.

Not such a slam dunk case with the salary cap constraints we're going to have and Mahomes existance.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not so much with the talent on the team 

We do have monstrous talent on the team but it is the NFL, and all NFL teams have such talent.  We just see it as if they are greater since we also have an emotional attachment with the City and Players.  Our Best Player some propose is Chase yet Chase is Ranked barely in the top 10 with 32 teams...

I do understand what you are saying over all we have a great talent but it is ultimately for the talent to produce on the field.  I will say Zac failed last week with preparation or deciding to play Burrow if not ready. 

1. TYREEK HILLMIAMI DOLPHINS (2022 PFF GRADE: 92.1)

Tyreek Hill finished with the highest overall PFF grade among wide receivers despite being on a new team and playing with three different quarterbacks in 2022. Furthermore, he was by far the most efficient receiver in the NFL as he finished with 3.09 yards per route run, which was the highest of his career by a wide margin and also led the league.

2. AMON-RA ST. BROWNDETROIT LIONS (90.7)
St. Brown had the ball going his way on 28.4 percent of his receiving snaps, which ranked the third most among wide receivers. The fact that his 6.5-yard average depth of targets was 83rd out of 90 wide receivers with at least 50 targets is telling.

3. JUSTIN JEFFERSONMINNESOTA VIKINGS (90.2)
After finishing with the most receptions and most receiving yards in the NFL, Jefferson also won the NFL's Offensive Player of the Year award in 2022. He accumulated 47 receptions that went for 15-plus yards, which was the third most in the NFL. His play was key for the Vikings, as Minnesota went 9-1 in games when Jefferson had at least 100 receiving yards.

4. DAVANTE ADAMSLAS VEGAS RAIDERS (90.1)
In his first year in Las Vegas, Adams led all wide receivers with 14 receiving touchdowns in 2022. He also averaged 15.0 yards per reception, which was the highest of his illustrious career by a wide margin.

5. STEFON DIGGSBUFFALO BILLS (89.1)
Diggs recorded 72 receptions that went for a first down or a touchdown in 2022, which was the third most among wide receivers in the NFL. In addition, he lined up in the slot on 34.0 percent of his snaps, which was the second-most in his career since 2016.

6. A.J. BROWNPHILADELPHIA EAGLES (87.7)
Brown capped off his first season in Philadelphia with a highlight catch in the Super Bowl, where he made a late adjustment to Jalen Hurts‘ deep pass to score a touchdown. He also averaged 2.53 receiving yards per route run in the regular season, which was the second most among wide receivers.

7. COOPER KUPPLOS ANGELES RAMS (86.3)
Last year’s Super Bowl MVP played just 553 snaps in 2022, which was the second-fewest in his career, as his season was cut short due to an injury. However, Kupp was his reliable self up to that point, as he dropped just one of his 76 catchable targets for the lowest drop rate of his career. Furthermore, he was targeted on 28.5 percent of his receiving snaps, which was the second-highest rate among wide receivers.

8. CEEDEE LAMBDALLAS COWBOYS (86.2)
Dallas’s No. 1 receiver finished with the fourth-most receptions among wide receivers with 107. Furthermore, he was a big play threat, as 42 of his receptions went for at least 15 yards, which was the third most among wide receivers in 2022.

9. KEENAN ALLENLOS ANGELES CHARGERS (84.4)
Allen played his second-fewest snaps in a season in 2022 as he was battling injuries and was on the field for just 526 snaps in the regular season. However, he finished with his highest receiving yards per route run (2.11) since the 2018 season. Furthermore, Allen had the most receptions (66)  among wide receivers without a dropped pass in 2022.

10. JA'MARR CHASECINCINNATI BENGALS (83.9)
Chase set the bar very high in his rookie season; however, he finished with the exact same receiving grade in the 2022 regular season as he did in the 2021 regular season: 84.0. The former LSU Tiger had to miss some time due to injury, which changed his play, as he went from 39 explosive receptions (15-plus receiving yards) in 2021 to just 24 in 2022. Regardless, he was still one of the NFL's best wide receivers last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 03:29 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Is this not a given? it is the players job to execute the plays which the coaching staff seem fit against each opponent (other coaches are involved as well) and it is also the coaches job to make sure each individual player is utilizing their abilities at full capacity against each team, but Zac in my view is better than what a lot of people give him credit.   Burrow does a lot but he is utilizing his abilities but to state Zac is being out coached on a weekly basis is a bit of a stretch in my view. 

What I think Taylor is really bad at is situational football. The whole dang Browns game was situational football with the weather and the way Burrow was handling it and we did nothing to change for those conditions. The 1st 4th down not only did we punt at the Browns 38 yd line but on the 3rd and 3 we brought the RB up to the line of scrimmage basically telling the defense it was a pass. 

Another thing we don't seem all that stellar at is scheming plays to get guys open. Look around the league players get wide open. Our idea of getting the ball to Chase easily is either giving it to him in the backfield or throwing it to him at or behind the line of scrimmage. Two things he hasn't shown a great amount of doing much with yet we keep trying it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: What I think Taylor is really bad at is situational football. The whole dang Browns game was situational football with the weather and the way Burrow was handling it and we did nothing to change for those conditions. The 1st 4th down not only did we punt at the Browns 38 yd line but on the 3rd and 3 we brought the RB up to the line of scrimmage basically telling the defense it was a pass. 

Another thing we don't seem all that stellar at is scheming plays to get guys open. Look around the league players get wide open. Our idea of getting the ball to Chase easily is either giving it to him in the backfield or throwing it to him at or behind the line of scrimmage. Two things he hasn't shown a great amount of doing much with yet we keep trying it. 

I could not agree more with your statement on situational football. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 05:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: What I think Taylor is really bad at is situational football. The whole dang Browns game was situational football with the weather and the way Burrow was handling it and we did nothing to change for those conditions. The 1st 4th down not only did we punt at the Browns 38 yd line but on the 3rd and 3 we brought the RB up to the line of scrimmage basically telling the defense it was a pass. 

There were players wide open Sunday. Joe didn't see em. When he did, he missed em. We should've ran the ball more, but 9 left a minimum of fourteen points on the field. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:16 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: What a I watched of the game, Tua had waaaay more time to throw than Burrow has ever had.

Their OL is terrible outside of Armstead.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 09:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Their OL is terrible outside of Armstead.

Looked better than the Bengals is what I'm saying. Better & bigger pockets.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 01:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: what would ZT's record be without Joe burrow?

We already know what it is, and it isn't good but as long as no game without Burrow ever counts against ZT he will be fine.

(09-13-2023, 02:16 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: What a I watched of the game, Tua had waaaay more time to throw than Burrow has ever had.

Well yeah, but this is why the haters were saying stuff like "Burrow may not want to end up in Cincinnati."  In some parallel dimension we traded down and Miami got Burrow and we got a bunch of high picks and Tua or Herbert.  Who knows where things would be then.  I assume our line would still stink.

(09-13-2023, 03:43 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Or vice a versa but it doesn’t matter Burrow from his comments is totally bought into Zac.

That's pretty standard stuff, though so you can't assume it's a lock that Burrow is in love with ZT.  I'm not saying Burrow isn't big on ZT, but I can't imagine Burrow coming out and saying our problem is coaching and that ZT needs to be fired.  If ZT were to get fired or retire or get abducted by aliens I think Burrow would be pretty ok with the next guy, too.
Reply/Quote