Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PA Republicans jeer, leave floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol
"Back the Blue"  Mellow

https://heartlandsignal.com/2024/06/05/pennsylvania-republicans-jeer-leave-statehouse-floor-in-protest-of-officers-who-defended-capitol-on-jan-6/

Quote:Pennsylvania Republicans jeer, leave statehouse floor in protest of officers who defended Capitol on Jan. 6
BY RICHARD EBERWEIN – 6/05/24

[Image: AP22286667208082-1024x683.jpg]

U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell, left, and U.S. Capitol Police Sgt. Harry Dunn listen as the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol holds a hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, Oct. 13, 2022. (AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin)

On Wednesday, several Republicans in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives walked out of the chamber when two U.S. Capitol officers were being honored, according to multiple representatives.

The officers honored were Sgts. Harry Dunn and Aquilino Gonell. Both defended the Capitol building on Jan. 6, 2021, when supporters of former President Donald Trump stormed the building in a failed effort to halt the certification of the 2020 presidential election results. In addition to several GOP members leaving the House floor, state Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta (D-Philadelphia) reported some Republicans booing and hissing.
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-05-191202.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-05-191141.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-05-191106.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-05-191036.png]
[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-05-191018.png]

Gonell responded to the boos on X by pointing out the contradiction of GOP members booing police officers while saying they support police.

[/url][Image: Screenshot-2024-06-05-190959.png]

Dunn and Gonell are also set to [url=https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/jan-6-officers-to-campaign-for-biden-in-battleground-states/ar-BB1ncmHG?ocid=BingNewsSerp]campaign for President Joe Biden
 in battleground states in the coming weeks.

During the attack on Jan. 6, 114 police officers were reportedly injured; one died as a result of strokes from being pepper sprayed and four others committed suicide in the days and months that followed.

Trump was indicted last August for his role in the insurrection and charged with conspiracy to defraud the United States, conspiracy to make false statements, obstruction of an official proceeding and inciting an insurrection. As of January, 1,265 people have been charged with crimes relating to the Jan. 6 insurrection.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Back the Blue"  Mellow

https://heartlandsignal.com/2024/06/05/pennsylvania-republicans-jeer-leave-statehouse-floor-in-protest-of-officers-who-defended-capitol-on-jan-6/

The only "cops" the Dems have liked in the last ten or so years.  These guys have been stumping for Biden, they are partisan actors.  Expect to be treated as such.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The only "cops" the Dems have liked in the last ten or so years.  These guys have been stumping for Biden, they are partisan actors.  Expect to be treated as such.

I wonder if they picked a side because they had to fight off the angry mob his opponent called to our capitol with baseless allegations that riled up his most deplorable supporters as he attempted a coup?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder if they picked a side because they had to fight off the angry mob his opponent called to our capitol with baseless allegations that riled up his most deplorable supporters as he attempted a coup?

Fascinating point.  My compatriots and I endured more in a single day in the spring and summer of 2020 than they did on 01/06 and we did it for months.  So remember your point when you wonder why law enforcement overwhelmingly despises the Democratic party.  

Just curious, were the people who threw bottles of urine and spit on us deplorables?  How about the people, often white, who called my black compatriots Uncle Toms and house n*****s.  Or the Hispanic officers "race traitors?  How about the people who threw the brick fragment that fractured my friend's jaw and knocked out two of their teeth?  I could go on if you like.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fascinating point.  My compatriots and I endured more in a single day in the spring and summer of 2020 than they did on 01/06 and we did it for months.  So remember your point when you wonder why law enforcement overwhelmingly despises the Democratic party.  

Just curious, were the people who threw bottles of urine and spit on us deplorables?  How about the people, often white, who called my black compatriots Uncle Toms and house n*****s.  Or the Hispanic officers "race traitors?  How about the people who threw the brick fragment that fractured my friend's jaw and knocked out two of their teeth?  I could go on if you like.

I’m always curious about the Uncle Tom comments. Maybe that book was banned because none of them read it. He is literally portrayed as Jesus on the cross, complete with a bad guy on each side of him at the end of the book.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:59 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fascinating point.  My compatriots and I endured more in a single day in the spring and summer of 2020 than they did on 01/06 and we did it for months.  So remember your point when you wonder why law enforcement overwhelmingly despises the Democratic party.  

Of course not. It was necessary, white supremacy is the greatest threat to our nation. They had to get out and throw bricks even at risk of infection during the height of Covid. The experts said so.

The most /s of /s here.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:52 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I wonder if they picked a side because they had to fight off the angry mob his opponent called to our capitol with baseless allegations that riled up his most deplorable supporters as he attempted a coup?

From what I gather it is okay to say Democrats don't like the police, even when they do, because...Democrats/the left.

It also seems okay for republicans to disrespect THESE officers because...Democrats/the left.

Pointing that out is wrong because...Democrats/the left.

That police have a hard job should not even been a matter of debate and matter not in this case.  Anyone with an ounce of ethics or morals could have just sat their silently instead of walking out.  But when republicans use police as a political talking point the real blame seems to be...Democrats/the left.

Literally the first response was saying Democrats are worse instead of even trying to hold the repbulican feet to the fire for their inconsistency. With the addition that since they are supporting a Democrat they don't deserve any respect. So the "poor us" routine gets tired when the response is always Democrats bad and the only cops who should be expected to "be treated as such" are republican cops.

Weird world.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 09:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Of course not. It was necessary, white supremacy is the greatest threat to our nation. They had to get out and throw bricks even at risk of infection during the height of Covid. The experts said so.

The most /s of /s here.

Do we really want to get into why white supremacists don't seem to have a problem with the police?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do we really want to get into why white supremacists don't seem to have a problem with the police?   Ninja

Please, don’t let me stop ya.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: From what I gather it is okay to say Democrats don't like the police, even when they do, because...Democrats/the left.

But they don't, except in this one, very specific instance.  Hence the point you know is being made but are ignoring.

Quote:It also seems okay for republicans to disrespect THESE officers because...Democrats/the left.

These "officers" are partisan actors shilling for Dems.  They're also the only LEO's the Dems attempt to lionize.  Pointing this  out is more than fair.

Quote:Pointing that out is wrong because...Democrats/the left.

No, it's wrong because, above.

Quote:That police have a hard job should not even been a matter of debate and matter not in this case.  Anyone with an ounce of ethics or morals could have just sat their silently instead of walking out.  But when republicans use police as a political talking point the real blame seems to be...Democrats/the left.

It's been attempted to use honoring myself and fellow officers for political purposes.  We flat out refused.  I'm not a political pawn.  These guys are, in addition to being partisan actors in their own right.  Criticizing them for this is more than fair.

Quote:Literally the first response was saying Democrats are worse instead of even trying to hold the repbulican feet to the fire for their inconsistency.  With the addition that since they are supporting a Democrat they don't deserve any respect.  So the "poor us" routine gets tired when the response is always Democrats bad and the only cops who should be expected to "be treated as such" are republican cops.

Weird world.

No, literally the first response was about the extreme Dem hypocrisy on this issue, which completely includes yourself.  Dems have absolutely shit on us, consistently, for years.  Honoring some "cops" turned Dem shills doesn't change that one iota, except to hyper partisans like yourself that try to claim otherwise.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do we really want to get into why white supremacists don't seem to have a problem with the police?   Ninja

White supremacists have plenty of issues with law enforcement.  The fact you believe otherwise says everything about you and nothing about law enforcement.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: White supremacists have plenty of issues with law enforcement.  The fact you believe otherwise says everything about you and nothing about law enforcement.

Reply/Quote

Damn. Whose campaign flag were those unruly criminals you had to deal with beating the officers with?

Captain fairness and consistency can’t tell the difference between a mob called to act (take our country back) on false pretenses by a politician and a guy dead on the street on video with a LEOs knee on his neck? You don’t see a little difference there?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 10:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Self projection in gif form achieved.  Congrats.

(06-06-2024, 12:42 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. Whose campaign flag were those unruly criminals you had to deal with beating the officers with?

Captain fairness and consistency can’t tell the difference between a mob called to act (take our country back) on false pretenses by a politician and a guy dead on the street on video with a LEOs knee on his neck? You don’t see a little difference there?

Captain Fairness and Consistency can tell the difference between a single day and months.  Too bad Captain Partisan Simpleton can't see a little difference there.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2024, 08:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Back the Blue"  Mellow

I seem to recall some of a dust up about those two officers giving testimony that was later contradicted by 1/6 video that was later released?

Probably the source of reaction from the right.

Believe these two officers were called out as "liars" and "traitors" when they were on the courthouse steps with De Niro near the end of DJT's most recent trial, if I am remembering correctly.

Both sides playing politics here, just one side falling for it harder than the other.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 07:33 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: I seem to recall some of a dust up about those two officers giving testimony that was later contradicted by 1/6 video that was later released?

Probably the source of reaction from the right.

Believe these two officers were called out as "liars" and "traitors" when they were on the courthouse steps with De Niro near the end of DJT's most recent trial, if I am remembering correctly.

Both sides playing politics here, just one side falling for it harder than the other.

What you "believe" would be better received with some links of proof.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 08:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: What you "believe" would be better received with some links of proof.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/28/politics/video/robert-de-niro-press-conference-trump-trial-jan-6-digvid

Here is the link where the bystander called them liars and traitors.

Quick google search to find it.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 09:05 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/28/politics/video/robert-de-niro-press-conference-trump-trial-jan-6-digvid

Here is the link where the bystander called them liars and traitors.

Quick google search to find it.

Dear lord that makes it worse.

If elected officials are no better than randos on the street who believe that they should just wear their red hats into sessions.

But were the officers contradicted by 1/6 videos?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: Dear lord that makes it worse.

If elected officials are no better than randos on the street who believe that they should just wear their red hats into sessions.

But were the officers contradicted by 1/6 videos?

So you got nothing again?

I was explaining the likely reason the right acted the way they did, just justifying it or endorsing their reasons.

Everything I stated was factual, but you complain when I post a link to support what I believed I recalled had happened.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2024, 09:12 AM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: So you got nothing again?

I was explaining the likely reason the right acted the way they did, just justifying it or endorsing their reasons.

Everything I stated was factual, but you complain when I post a link to support what I believed I recalled had happened.

No, no, the "justification" (and thank you for the ling) is that they are republican so they can't be even courteous to two people who defended the Capitol on January 6th just like some guy on the streets of NY who believes whatever the right wing spin machine tell him.  That's worse. 

But you also said you believed they were contradicted by the Jan 6th videos.  I wondered about what.
Reply/Quote