Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Draft Grades

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Really like those McLachlan, Lee and Burton stats.
Reply/Quote
Wow, loving this Draft more and more. Burton should get a lot of single coverage with Chase being the main dude Defenses
want to try and take away. No surprise on McKinnley Jackson, I watched a ton of his film before the Draft and he was a great
run stopper and if they didn't double him he would make Offenses pay and would win in pass rushing situations as well.

Between Jenkins and Jackson, bringing back Bell and another year of improving on communication we should be much better
at stopping the run this year.

All being great at getting separation is awesome. McLachlan has great hands.

Matt Lee is a major steal, get in the weight room and get buff and we got someone special here at Center in the future.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2024, 10:29 PM)CottonHill Wrote: We improved depth but didn’t actually upgrade any position outside of wide receiver. Definitely not a draft for a team that thinks they can win a Super Bowl now.

Interesting....the only player that improved our team was from Alabama. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
OP, thanks for providing the pff grades (I think they're the most balanced/unbiased analysis) and all of the other tidbits from X.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:31 AM)Eraserhead Wrote: He has a legit shot at being the starting C once Karras moves on. He needs to add a little strength and few pounds, but he's already technically sound and is very dependable in pass pro. I was shocked when I saw the Bengals picked him in the 7th round. I thought he'd be long gone.

Agree. I watch quite a bit of ACC football being a FSU fan. I was shocked to get on here and find we got him that late. Sneaky good pick. Cane or not, lol.

Reply/Quote
I wonder if they keep Lee at C or if they move him to G. And if they move him to G, which side?
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 01:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I hope you are correct and both our starting OT's take every snap, but Brown has not done that last couple of years.

My hope is the best OT wins the job, I don't care if Mims or Brown.

Well yes, but my statement was Mims wouldn't be the starting OT unless an injury happens.
If Brown goes down for some time, obviously Mims would get playing time at that point.
But no one can or should predict injuries to happen.

I'm curious to see how the TE room pans out, as the Bengals have 5 of them that I think all have a legit shot at making the team.
Maybe McLachlan lands on the PS though, but would someone pick him up if he does?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 05:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I wonder if they keep Lee at C or if they move him to G. And if they move him to G, which side?

With his lack of size I would think Center is about the only spot he could play.

Reply/Quote
Now to see how they pan out over the next 2-4 years
Reply/Quote
I really hope we get the Dolphins version of Gesicki from a couple of years ago (not the best QB situation for him last year and was the odd man out with the Hill/Waddle tandem in 2022)... that'll make everything easier for the rook and everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 10:14 AM)IcoHolic Wrote: I really hope we get the Dolphins version of Gesicki from a couple of years ago (not the best QB situation for him last year and was the odd man out with the Hill/Waddle tandem in 2022)... that'll make everything easier for the rook and everyone else.

Yes, the Dolphins days are why I wanted the team to target him last year. 

Reply/Quote
The ‘24 draft can be summed in one sentence. It’s got potential to be one of the best ever from a top to bottom measure. The ‘24 draft can also be summed up in the word “If”. Amarius Mims is arguably the most athletic OT in the draft. Amarius Mims “IF” he had more sample size he’d been the first tackle drafted. Kris Jenkins may be the best rookie team leader and culture extraordinaire in quite some time. Jermaine Burton led the SEC in YPC. “IF” he hadn’t had immaturity issues he’d gone in the first round. Eric All is potentially our Sam La Porta or Mark Andrew’s. If he stays healthy he’s potentially a Pro Bowler. He would be our best all around TE who won’t have to come out and tip our play. Matt Lee may be the best 7th round pick in this years draft. If he starts in a few years his bargain financially will be ridiculous. If McKinnley Jackson comes in situationally and delivers we saved our most serious void.

We’ve got potentially the most explosive 4 group receivers in football paired with the most accurate passer. We know about Tee & Chase. Gesicki is our best TE big play receiver since Tyler Eifert. Now Burton.Burton also will be a huge upgrade big play wise than Tyler Boyd of ‘23 not of ‘18. The options for Joe are much improved. Add Chase Brown and his explosiveness and this offense looks as good as any in the league. Of course the OL becomes final ingredient to determine it. Throw in Eric All when he gets well and we’ve got the most ridiculously flexible offense in the NFL.

So in conclusion if some of these guys fall into place this will be a tremendous class.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I like this draft. I don't expect much from any player drafted in round 3 or later as a rookie or undrafted free agent. We don't need 10 guys to be stars in year one, we need 3 or 4 guys to be key contributors in 2024.

I see the following players contributing:

Significant

Mims
Burton
Jenkins

Some contribution
Jackson
Newton (special teams)

Future Major Contributors

All
Matt Lee

If we hit on these players, it helps us not only get better and deeper, but hives us cap relief in years to come
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
The DTs in this draft should definitely help the Bengals get better at stopping the run against the AFC North teams.
I'm excited about that, to see what happens with Mims, how dynamic Burton can be, if Matt Lee really was as good of a steal as some think, and finally McNamara signed as UDFA to compete with Robbins for Punter duties.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 11:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I like this draft. I don't expect much from any player drafted in round 3 or later as a rookie or undrafted free agent. We don't need 10 guys to be stars in year one, we need 3 or 4 guys to be key contributors in 2024.

I see the following players contributing:

Significant

Mims
Burton
Jenkins

Some contribution
Jackson
Newton (special teams)

Future Major Contributors

All
Matt Lee

If we hit on these players, it helps us not only get better and deeper, but hives us cap relief in years to come

Excellent points. We are definitely mirrored
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 12:33 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We had a winning record with Burrow injured. Do you think if he was healthy, maybe we put up more wins?

What were the obvious choices? Kipers board?

This isn't like a video game where the ratings dictate play. A guy like Atkins was a 4th Round pick. I guarantee you most of the board didn't expect him to be great.

And they were one dropped TD catch by Boyd against the Texans from probably being in the playoffs. This D is already much better this season just by experience, bringing in a real play-maker at S and bringing back a great and productive leader in Bell. 
Reply/Quote