Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 14
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wow those defense scores!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Anyone besides me have their heart skip a beat when Hilton went out?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Was super interested to see how CTB graded. I am not shocked it wasn't super high. Feel like there were a lot of ups and downs with him yesterday.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:43 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Anyone besides me have their heart skip a beat when Hilton went out?

I thought he was done for the year. Any knee injuries I hold my breath. So glad he came back in and played at his usual high level.
Reply/Quote
CTB

lowest graded defender, 52.3
3 missed tackles, 6 receptions on 10 targets allowed for 94 yds; 1 stop, 1 Pass Break-Up
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: CTB

3 missed tackles, 6 receptions on 10 targets allowed for 94 yds; 1 stop, 1 Pass Break-Up

Eh, at the end of the day he’s getting the job done.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I thought he was done for the year. Any knee injuries I hold my breath. So glad he came back in and played at his usual high level.

Yes, it looked grim when they went to commercial, then he's limping pretty badly coming off the field. I was nervous as hell, lol. Mike's pretty good in coverage, but he is fantastic in run support. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

I know a lot people think Apple is our weak link, yet other teams OC is going after the rookie. Apple is a lot better than some in this forum give him credit.

As for CTB, for a rookie he is playing great. CB's are on an island a lot, I see the best like Ramsey get beat, the key is not to get beat for long TD passes. Receivers are pros and their job is to get open, some tough match ups every week for CB's. Evans is a tough match up and seems to be on the right side of the offense more than the left, so hopefully Apple is ready this week.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Well, his teammates sure praised CTB. And the Browns were trying to pick on him relentlessly.

"He's playing his ass off. He's not scared of anything. Not scared of the moment," Bates said. "That's what you need as a corner in this league. You have a lot of one-on-one matchups. He's making a lot of plays. You're going to hear a lot about Cam over the next couple of years."

Taylor-Britt, a second-round pick, went to school on the film from Halloween in that loss in Cleveland six weeks ago, when he got first heavy NFL action in the wake of No. 1 cornerback Chidobe Awuzie tearing his ACL in the first half. With Awuzie sitting behind the bench for the second straight game after surgery, Taylor-Britt showed what he learned.
"I love the juice he brings," Hill said.

"You couldn't ask more from a rookie corner," said wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase. "He's been going against tough matchups. Amari Cooper is one of the best receivers in the league, just setting up people and running routes, he's one of the best at it. For Cam to play like that today, stopping fade balls, coming in on breaking-in routes, he was dealing on basically everything. As soon as he gets smarter at his position, I think he'll have a chance to be one of the best corners in the league."

https://www.bengals.com/news/dr-reader-cam-taylor-britt-lead-defense-in-win-over-browns
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot people think Apple is our weak link, yet other teams OC is going after the rookie. Apple is a lot better than some in this forum give him credit.

Apple has definitely stepped up big time.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:46 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I thought he was done for the year. Any knee injuries I hold my breath. So glad he came back in and played at his usual high level.

Mike thought he was done for the year too when he went out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

It will be very interesting to see what kind of deal Pratt gets this offseason. I would love for it to be from the Bengals. Keep that 2 headed monster of him and Logan together.

Reply/Quote
If only Bates played this well every week
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:37 PM)Anarumo_Savant Wrote: If only Bates played this well every week

Hey if he wants to turn it on down the stretch and in the playoffs like last year I’ll take it. He can help us win the Super Bowl and then go get paid by someone else.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 01:59 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know a lot people think Apple is our weak link, yet other teams OC is going after the rookie. Apple is a lot better than some in this forum give him credit.

As for CTB, for a rookie he is playing great. CB's are on an island a lot, I see the best like Ramsey get beat, the key is not to get beat for long TD passes. Receivers are pros and their job is to get open, some tough match ups every week for CB's. Evans is a tough match up and seems to be on the right side of the offense more than the left, so hopefully Apple is ready this week.

I like Apple. I want the team to bring him back next year. 

I think CTB is going to be fine, I just worry about his coverage at times and giving up the big play. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
It will be very interesting to see what kind of deal Pratt gets this offseason. I would love for it to be from the Bengals. Keep that 2 headed monster of him and Logan together.

People do complain about PFF a lot, but in terms of the top 5 guys on each side of the ball, that certainly tracks with what I've seen. 

YTD: Offense:
Burrow: 88.4 
Mixon: 76.7 
Chase: 85.2
Higgins: 81.5
Boyd: 71.6
Hurst: 66.2
J. Williams: 70.1
Volson: 54.3
Karras: 64.7
Cappa: 67.7
Collins: 58.8
------- 
Perine: 74.5
Irwin: 65.8
Taylor: 54.0
Wilcox: 57.1
Asiasi: 47.2
Adeniji: 66.2
Morgan Jr: 68.9

Defense YTD: 

Hendrickson: 81.4
Reader: 88.9
BJ Hill: 66.0
Hubbard: 72.9
L. Wilson: 72.5
Pratt: 82.0
Awuzie: 69.9
Apple: 53.4
Hilton: 70.6
Bell: 64.8
Bates: 69.7
---------- 
CTB: 53.3
Ossai: 47.6
C. Sample: 56.6
Tupou: 53.9
Carter: 29.3
Tufele: 47.3
ADG: 58.1
Flowers: 51.5 
-------------
D. Hill: 68.0
Bailey: 67.9 
J. Davis: 60.4 
Reply/Quote
Oof that Carter pick looks bad so far.

Reply/Quote
Damn!!! Reader with a 88.9 YTD grade. Dude is insanely good!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 02:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey if he wants to turn it on down the stretch and in the playoffs like last year I’ll take it. He can help us win the Super Bowl and then go get paid by someone else.

When we win the Super Bowl this year, do you think Bates will take less money to stay with Cincy?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote