Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 15
(12-19-2022, 02:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Pretty big day for BJ Hill seeing as how they moved him to DE after Hubbard went down for a number of his snaps.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 03:00 PM)casear2727 Wrote:  

Don't tell anyone, but Jonah jumped early on that snap. I noticed it a couple of times yesterday and he didn't get called for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:39 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That guy ran around Collins quite a few times.

La”el struggles with speed big time.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: So, seeing as how Jonah has started to regain his form the last several weeks, and Volson continues to grow beside him.....what is your guys' opinion on keeping him around?

We cannot replace Jonah and Collins in the same year I do not think. If Collins does not put a 3-game streak together that he is playing at a high level, then there is no reason to keep him next year. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:35 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We cannot replace Jonah and Collins in the same year I do not think. If Collins does not put a 3-game streak together that he is playing at a high level, then there is no reason to keep him next year. 

bengals will have Jonah next year, so drop Collins and try to find his replacement?
Reply/Quote
The re-emergence of Jonah after his injury warrants the Bengals to offer another contract if he continues to play well through next year imo.

Collins is so susceptible to getting beat on the speed rushes its alarming. Reminds me of Spain, if it gets you squared up he is solid but speed kills him.

Thought most all of the grades looked reasonable but was surprised to see Mixon and Bates #'s that high. Not doubting but just by watching it seemed neither stood out.

Flowers is really growing and blossoming as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well yeah if there's a stud RT at 32 then by all means grab him.

Actually there will be only 31 first round picks. Dolphins have forfeited theirs.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: So they charged Collins with a sack for that ridiculous play where Burrow stood there for 6 seconds before being touched?

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 09:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bengals will have Jonah next year, so drop Collins and try to find his replacement?

Useless we get a guy in free agency finding two offensive tackles ready to start year one in the draft is as rare as getting Joe B one year and Chase the next.

I like Collins a lot too was hoping he would work out decent contract and big powerful guy. I just do not think he has that want too that is needed.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:24 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Useless we get a guy in free agency finding two offensive tackles ready to start year one in the draft is as rare as getting Joe B one year and Chase the next.

I like Collins a lot too was hoping he would work out decent contract and big powerful guy. I just do not think he has that want too that is needed.

I don’t think that’s it at all. It’s more likely his back issues.

Reply/Quote
Collins is still an improvement from years past imo.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 06:51 PM)Earendil Wrote: Don't tell anyone, but Jonah jumped early on that snap. I noticed it a couple of times yesterday and he didn't get called for it.

Jonah has been jumping early on every snap... shocked he only has one penalty.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:31 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Collins is still an improvement from years past imo.

and poo is browner than pee
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:06 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Actually there will be only 31 first round picks. Dolphins have forfeited theirs.

Did not know that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The re-emergence of Jonah after his injury warrants the Bengals to offer another contract if he continues to play well through next year imo.

Collins is so susceptible to getting beat on the speed rushes its alarming. Reminds me of Spain, if it gets you squared up he is solid but speed kills him.

Thought most all of the grades looked reasonable but was surprised to see Mixon and Bates #'s that high. Not doubting but just by watching it seemed neither stood out.

Flowers is really growing and blossoming as well.

I see what you did there!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 02:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jonah and Volson switching and dominating..

Look what Volson did to his man!!! Flat out knocked him on his ass!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 03:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Mauch is a beauty!
That is how I like my linemen. If he lost those teeth opening a beer bottle then that's my dude!!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 12:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Look what Volson did to his man!!! Flat out knocked him on his ass!!! Cool

??? That was Jonah. the tweet even says it
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 12:03 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Look what Volson did to his man!!! Flat out knocked him on his ass!!! Cool

Jonah actually knocked him down, Volson gave him a lick when he was down.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 10:24 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Useless we get a guy in free agency finding two offensive tackles ready to start year one in the draft is as rare as getting Joe B one year and Chase the next.

Unless things change, FA does not sound like it will be an option for improving that position. As of right now, per Spotrac, these are the FA options for OT:

Jack Conklin CLE
George Fant NYJ
Mike McGlinchey SF
Isaiah Wynn NE
Terrence Steele DAL

Of the above, the only ones I see their team let get away is Conklin, Fant and Wynn. Of those, I'd go Conklin then Wynn (even if his injuries scare me). Maybe FP sees a better candidate than I. 

Even looking at this draft, may not be able to get a talent that could supplant LC (at pick 31). Maybe Mauch or Wright (who i picked in my mock) but even then, you're gambling on: a. the player being there b. he works out (Isaiah Wilson flashbacks for the Titans).

It really feels like we will just have to go with what we have and wait until the 2024 draft to replace LC. At that point, I'd hope we have an extension on Jonah. Hell, maybe D Smith finally is able to show us what he has but seems unlikely at this point considering he's never stayed healthy enough to dress, let alone play.
Reply/Quote