Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades - Week 15
(12-20-2022, 03:47 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think that claiming lateral movement has been affected by a history of back injuries is much more believable than trying to play armchair psychologist and saying it is all just due to a "lack of want to". Occam's Razor and all. 

Who knows, maybe you're a savant and you're able to figure that out but I seriously doubt that. 

Yes, I am a savant. I looked at the video and saw him move his feet 6 inches on a drop step. Then his next few steps after that he moves his feet a much farther distance. If you think a 6-inch drop step is ok, then I am done talking with you. You call me a mind reader then ignore the fact that I wrote technique more than once in my posts. That goes in line with the pathetic 6-inch drop step but yes let's just ignore the video that was posted.

A 6-inch drop step is a lack of effort and technique plain and simple.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 03:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: I agree he is best suited for guard until he is asked to pull. We do not have another tackle and he was brought here to play tackle, so Pollack and Zac need to get him giving full effort at tackle and/or get his technique right.

You can keep saying injury, but I do not agree it is lack of want to.

For you to say his lateral movement is shot after seeing a 6-inch drop step I point out in a video that is posted in this thread you are just ignoring the facts to push your narrative.

What you mean? They got Adeniji and Smith!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What you mean? They got Adeniji and Smith!  Ninja

lol I know you are joking but dang people giving me a hard time today.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:07 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes, I am a savant. I looked at the video and saw him move his feet 6 inches on a drop step. Then his next few steps after that he moves his feet a much farther distance. If you think a 6-inch drop step is ok, then I am done talking with you. You call me a mind reader then ignore the fact that I wrote technique more than once in my posts. That goes in line with the pathetic 6-inch drop step but yes let's just ignore the video that was posted.

A 6-inch drop step is a lack of effort and technique plain and simple.

I am truly humbled to be in the presence of someone as talented as you. To be able to diagnose someone who you have never met, through one GIF on the internet is truly remarkable. Unprecedented, even. 

Or, maybe he is limited from a mobility standpoint and does want to, but struggles doing so. Or, maybe his technique just stinks, but he still wants to.

By the way, you keep harping on the 6-inch figure. I swear to god, if you are not only able to diagnose someone's willpower and motivation through one singular GIF but are also able to make such precise measurements then I will have no other choice than to assume that we have discovered artificial general intelligence and you are the public test program because that is phenomenal. That looks like AT LEAST a foot to me. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am truly humbled to be in the presence of someone as talented as you. To be able to diagnose someone who you have never met, through one GIF on the internet is truly remarkable. Unprecedented, even. 

Or, maybe he is limited from a mobility standpoint and does want to, but struggles doing so. Or, maybe his technique just stinks, but he still wants to.

By the way, you keep harping on the 6-inch figure. I swear to god, if you are not only able to diagnose someone's willpower and motivation through one singular GIF but are also able to make such precise measurements then I will have no other choice than to assume that we have discovered artificial general intelligence and you are the public test program because that is phenomenal. That looks like AT LEAST a foot to me. 

A constant disagreement between me and the wife  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:22 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am truly humbled to be in the presence of someone as talented as you. To be able to diagnose someone who you have never met, through one GIF on the internet is truly remarkable. Unprecedented, even. 

Yes, it was one gif that I was thinking of to come to this conclusion. It was not 14 games that I watched live this year. It was not the 14 games or more that I have replayed on NFL game pass. It was not the interviews I have watch him talk in all year long. It was not what the Cowboy fans said about him when we picked him up. It was the 8 sec gif lmfao omg.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What you mean? They got Adeniji and Smith!  Ninja

you joke but I know 1 specific poster who would unironically claim this. At least for Smith
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A constant disagreement between me and the wife  Smirk

It's why women are bad at math. They are told all their lives that 6 inches is a foot. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: A constant disagreement between me and the wife  Smirk

"Honey, I told you that measuring tape isn't accurate. Go get the other one."
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes, it was one gif that I was thinking of to come to this conclusion. It was not 14 games that I watched live this year. It was not the 14 games or more that I have replayed on NFL game pass. It was not the interviews I have watch him talk in all year long. It was not what the Cowboy fans said about him when we picked him up. It was the 8 sec gif lmfao omg.

The jigs up. That GIF was 10 seconds. Now I know you're full of shit. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:30 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Yes, it was one gif that I was thinking of to come to this conclusion. It was not 14 games that I watched live this year. It was not the 14 games or more that I have replayed on NFL game pass. It was not the interviews I have watch him talk in all year long. It was not what the Cowboy fans said about him when we picked him up. It was the 8 sec gif lmfao omg.

Lay off the Bong...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:41 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lay off the Bong...

There it is what took you guys so long was expecting this 3 posts ago.
Reply/Quote
I like Collins hope he turns it around he could have that RT on lockdown for years. When he gets engaged with a guy he locks on like a pit and can drive his guy a bit. He just needs help with his footwork I aint buying the injury hampering movement BS.

He could of used his hands and arm length a lot better in the gif as well again technique.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 04:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: The jigs up. That GIF was 10 seconds. Now I know you're full of shit. 

Rep since you are right about that. The 10 sec thing not the insult.
Reply/Quote
Jay Tufele continues to make the most of his limited snaps. He did a great job as an interior pass rusher and that is something the Bengals have been missing all season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 03:11 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I did not either, but if you look at this year's sheet, PS is included. So I guess your guess is as good as mine. But here is the relevant point: 

2022 Practice Squad
Cap breakdowns for players currently on a team's practice squad. All count against the team's salary cap.

And their breakdown:

2022 Cap Totals
CAP TYPE BASE SALARY SIGNING BONUS ROSTER BONUS OPTION BONUS WORKOUT BONUS RESTRUC. BONUS INCENTIVES CAP TOTAL
2022 NFL Salary Cap $208,200,000
2021 Rollover Cap $5,292,742
Adjustment                 $-1,292,742
Adjusted Salary Cap $212,200,000
All Contracts
$106,814,082 $45,392,892 $24,855,611 $2,675,000 $750,000 $250,000   $179,685,084
Injured Reserve Money $8,905,858 $2,241,832 $352,941 -$200,000- $11,700,631
Reserve/PUP Money $1,900,000 $562,500 - - $100,000 - - $2,562,500
Dead Money  $4,955,332 $10,485,887 $50,000 - -                        - - $15,491,218
Practice Squad $2,576,300 - - - - - -                                        $2,576,300
Total $125,151,572   $58,683,111 $25,258,552 $2,975,000 $750,000  $250,000 $212,015,733
Cap Space                                                                 $184,267

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/cap/

Anyway, I took from that that PS was included.  The reason it does not appear on the 2023 sheet yet is that there is no one signed to the 2023 PS yet. Though they certainly could include a spot for it. When there is, it will show up. It is not a ton, but $2.6-$3.5 mil, depending on the PS salary next year.

If you look at Spotrac, only the top 51 count. They list everything because there is cap spend and cash spend, 2 different methods used by the NFL to insure teams spend enough overall (cash spend) and then cap spend (top 51) to insure teams meet the team cap criteria.

So, they have 14 more contracts to add to the cap through free agency and the draft. Our 2023 will likely cost around 5 million for 7 players. That leaves around 45 million left for 7 more players and also possible new contracts for guys like Jonah. Contracts can be restructure also to create cap room. An example is to give a player a cash bonus for their base salary, but then the cap money gets spread out over the length of the contract, versus it hitting in 2023.

The Bengals giving naming rights for the stadium helped their yearly cash position which will help them pay out. these type of bonuses.The game teams play is to get the player their money now, but kick the can down the road to reduce the cap in the current year. They are banking on the cap rising to offset any dead money issues they will encounter down the road if a player is cut, traded or retires.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
There is always a whipping boy or 2 in this forum. This year it is Collins and Apple. Last year it was Apple and the OL (including Jonah). I am not saying a lot of the criticism was not warranted in some cases. I just am not a fan of our fans taking personal shots or making outlandish statements when players struggle.

Eli Apple has stepped up in 2022 and helped hold our secondary together, yet some still like to take pot shots at him. Collins has not done a good job of pass protecting in 2022, he also obviously has back issues and why he gets at least 1 day off a week. The NFL is hard enough blocking guys like JJ Watt when healthy, I can't imagine how hard it is when they are 80 to 90%.

I hope we keep winning and have a shot to give Collins a week or 2 off heading into the playoffs. Adenji has shows signs of being capable, maybe give him a shot and rest Collins. This 2022 has had a lot of players step up when others were injured, I would love to see if our back up RT has improved. Maybe we have the answer for future RT already in house. Players do improve and I always root for players to get better and not their demise.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 02:12 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If you look at Spotrac, only the top 51 count. They list everything because there is cap spend and cash spend, 2 different methods used by the NFL to insure teams spend enough overall (cash spend) and then cap spend (top 51) to insure teams meet the team cap criteria.

So, they have 14 more contracts to add to the cap through free agency and the draft. Our 2023 will likely cost around 5 million for 7 players. That leaves around 45 million left for 7 more players and also possible new contracts for guys like Jonah. Contracts can be restructure also to create cap room. An example is to give a player a cash bonus for their base salary, but then the cap money gets spread out over the length of the contract, versus it hitting in 2023.

The Bengals giving naming rights for the stadium helped their yearly cash position which will help them pay out. these type of bonuses.The game teams play is to get the player their money now, but kick the can down the road to reduce the cap in the current year. They are banking on the cap rising to offset any dead money issues they will encounter down the road if a player is cut, traded or retires.

Thanks for the post, but your numbers are still off. Significantly. 

Even going top 51 + Dead money + draft $$ gets you to roughly $186 mil. With 6 unused roster spots: Bell, Pratt, Hurst, Apple, Perine, Bates/Flowers. 

Signed starters (18) = $150,284,623 (Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, J. Williams, Volson, Karras, Cappa, Collins, Hendrickson, Reader, BJ Hill, Hubbard, L. Wilson, Awuzie, Hilton, McPherson). 

Signed Key Reserves (8) =$11,473,463 (Adeniji, Ossai, C. Sample, Tupou, ADG, Bailey, CTB, D. Hill). 

Signed Roster Fringe/Replacements (10) = $11,316,512 (Evans, Morgan Jr, Asiasi, Smith, Carman, T. Hill, Gunter, Carter, Tufele, Anderson). Even if released, you can't save any money here once you pay the replacement).

That's a touch over $173 mil right there. With 36 guys signed. Throw in the just over $600k in Dead Money and $1 mil for the draft class, and you are at $175 mil. Based on a $220 mil cap, that is $45 mil in space. 

Even going top 51, you still need to sign 9 more guys to get to 45 if you want to calculate how much we have left for our big 6 FA's. You are claiming $45 mil. No way. We'd have to sign 9 guys for nothing. You are off by roughly $10 mil. Minimum. Even if you are right on 51/practice squad. 

Plus, there is no way we blow all our cap week 1.  There has to be a cushion to sign guys when guys get hurt or go to IR. Or to sign guys released from other teams. Dead money is also 8ncurred when this happens & we release guys. $5 mil minimum. $10 mil is where we usually operate. 

Best case scenario is $35 mil in actual/$30 mil in practical cap space. With $30/$25 actual/practical very much in play. You should adjust expectations accordingly. 

Now, all of this assumes:

1) No large ($2 mil or better) outside FAs. 
2) We don't cut a signed starter to free up more space. 
Reply/Quote