Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Grades vs 49ers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wow on Hilton. Hope he keeps it up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I was ready to give up on Hilton after week 3. I'm such a shit head.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was ready to give up on Hilton after week 3. I'm such a shit head.

Yes you are, you bad shithead.... Hilarious

Btw, what is the highest grade you can get?
Reply/Quote
Jonah making you all eat that crow

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Jonah making you all eat that crow

via GIPHY

"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:30 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I was ready to give up on Hilton after week 3. I'm such a shit head.

Nah, I wasn't ready to give up on him, but I also said he needed to get it together. He certainly has over the last few weeks. I wonder if he was playing dinged up earlier? Mike gets beat in coverage some, but he had been a sure tackler and awesome on blitzes until the first few weeks of this season. Now he's back to his usual level of play.
Reply/Quote
I was pumped when they signed Hilton and he to me has been right up there with Reader, Trey and Awuzie as MAJOR hits in Free Agency on defense.
Reply/Quote
Hilton is big time.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think we're very close to seeing the passing of the torch at SS.

Also surprised Pratt The Cat didn't make top 5
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Also another TD on a heady play by Yoshi. Nice to see he has the physical tools and good instincts.
Reply/Quote
Not sure where Jonah usually or typically graded at left tackle, but wondering if he is grading higher at right tackle now.
Reply/Quote
When Hilton has the play in front of him, and he’s attacking the run or blitzing, he’s one of the best in the business. Such a disruptor. It’s when he gets turned around is when he’s liable, not great ball skills or length to break up some really good thrown balls. He is a weapon though. Tackling wise reminds me of Antoine Winfield sr
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 12:27 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Not sure where Jonah usually or typically graded at left tackle, but wondering if he is grading higher at right tackle now.

PFF has always been high on Jonah.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 10:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wow on Hilton. Hope he keeps it up.

2 great games in a row. I was not paying super close attention, but it seemed like from the snap counts of the DBs, there were times when we only had two CBs in (the 5 man fronts). I think Hilton stayed on in a lot of those packages with CTB, but may have come off in some obvious passing sets with 3 CBs being CTB, Turner, & Chido. 

But someone who has watched a replay needs to check me on that. I am just guessing it from the snap counts. 

DBs: 
D. Hill 59 (100%) 
CTB: 57 
Turner: 42 
Hilton: 40 
Scott: 39 
Awuzie: 27 
Battle: 18  
J. Davis: 1 

Wilson played 59 and Pratt 54. 

Anyway, Hilton is as good as gets for a CB vs the run. Sticking with him + CTB in the 5 man fromts (only 2 CBs) makes a ton of sense. But he is our 4th best pure cover corner. If it is an obvious pass play and we are playing 3 CBs, (not dime with 4) it makes some sense to get him off. Anyway, it puts him, and us, in better situations to succeed. When Chido was out, Lou did not have the option. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we're very close to seeing the passing of the torch at SS.

Also surprised Pratt The Cat didn't make top 5

Battle, I believe, is our #2 rated defender by PFF. High 70s. Slightly ahead of Reader & trailing only Trey. On limited snaps, though. So he may not be comfortable in all packages/situations..

Pratt's grade for the year went down slightly. PFF did not love him yesterday. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Also another TD on a heady play by Yoshi. Nice to see he has the physical tools and good instincts.

Burrow said that he had great instincts and we would be seeing more of Yoshi coming up. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 07:08 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Burrow said that he had great instincts and we would be seeing more of Yoshi coming up. 

The way he turned and came back attacking for that TD pass was great.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2023, 11:07 PM)Joelist Wrote: I was pumped when they signed Hilton and he to me has been right up there with Reader, Trey and Awuzie as MAJOR hits in Free Agency on defense.

Yes, Hilton in the big picture has been a real gem. He started off slow this season for whatever reasons? But he's coming back strong.
Reply/Quote
I know he likes the interchangeability (is that even a word?) in his safeties, but it's time to put Battle in at SS and Hill at FS and let them gel. Nick Scott is ST material. If Lou insists on keeping that interchangeability...try Tyson Anderson in place of Scott. At least with Anderson, you have a chance at a turn over.
Reply/Quote