Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF Predicts RYAN JENSEN WILL SIGN WITH US!
Pro Football Focus has Ryan Jensen signing with us!

I've been stressing about people picking tackles because, first and foremost, I've been saying that we need to protect what's right in front of Burrow, especially in this division.

Jensen blocked for Tom Brady as his first line of defense and he was the highest-paid center at one point, so I'm l think he's definitely worth it.

He'll be 31 by next season so I doubt he'll command a big contract but we have cap room and he'd definitely be worth it.

Quote:Menon has the Bengals and Jensen agreeing to terms on a three-year deal worth $39 million with $24.5 million in guaranteed money. This would be a good deal, as Jensen turns 31 years old in May and three years means the Bengals would have him through his age 33 season.

Bengals fans are probably somewhat familiar with Jensen, as he spent the first four years of his career with the Ravens before signing with the Buccaneers in 2018. Playing with Tom Brady is enough to get you on teams’ radars and Jensen has certainly done that.

If Cincinnati was able to sign Jensen, he’d slide in at center for sure. Trey Hopkins very well could be a cap casualty and the need to upgrade at center is there even if Hopkins is retained. Jensen gives the Bengals the best free-agent option at the position and would set them up to succeed for the next three years at the very least.

Releasing Hopkins would also free up cap space to make giving him a nice contract even more manageable.

Do you want him here?

I say we bring him in.
Reply/Quote
I've seen Bradley Bozeman also linked to Bengals.

Reality is practically every OL FA is going to get linked to Bengals due to how many could be an upgrade.

Best to not get too hyped by suggestions people have and just pay attention to credible rumors.

I'm fine with trying to get an upgrade at C, but I doubt the Bengals spend $10+ mill on one.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Last year it was Thuney linked to us at this time of year.

Jensen would be a welcome addition and a nice upgrade but I'm not going to get excited over any FA until they are actually signed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I just wonder about the age difference. Would that play a factor? Would younger players fit with team culture better than older due to who we already have on roster? I agree C more important the T for us, and that Jensen is good, but in terms of fit, I think Bozeman was a line mate with Jonah at Bama and seems to fit the age group better. Bozeman's draft position worries me though, but seems like he performed in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I predict my poop will be brown
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I predict my poop will be brown

Unless you drink grape soda.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've seen Bradley Bozeman also linked to Bengals.

Reality is practically every OL FA is going to get linked to Bengals due to how many could be an upgrade.

Best to not get too hyped by suggestions people have and just pay attention to credible rumors.

I'm fine with trying to get an upgrade at C, but I doubt the Bengals spend $10+ mill on one.
I've seen plenty of players linked to us but not actually a prediction of one signing with us.

Normally, I'd agree with you that it's highly unlikely that the Bengals would spend that much on a center, but this is a post-Super Bowl in which we saw our offensive line get destroyed, so I think even Mike Brown knows that selling out to protect Burrow is a must. I'd also have to think that Zac is begging him to do it.

I have seen sites like Spotrac predict that he'll only command ten million a year which would be a great deal.
(02-25-2022, 05:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Last year it was Thuney linked to us at this time of year.

Jensen would be a welcome addition and a nice upgrade but I'm not going to get excited over any FA until they are actually signed.

I agree but, like I said, this is a prediction, which seems like more than just saying "this would be a good signing."
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Last year it was Thuney linked to us at this time of year.

crap its that time of year isnt it 

gonna see lots of these
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've seen plenty of players linked to us but not actually a prediction of one signing with us.

Normally, I'd agree with you that it's highly unlikely that the Bengals would spend that much on a center, but this is a post-Super Bowl in which we saw our offensive line get destroyed, so I think even Mike Brown knows that selling out to protect Burrow is a must. I'd also have to think that Zac is begging him to do it.

I have seen sites like Spotrac predict that he'll only command ten million a year which would be a great deal.

I agree but, like I said, this is a prediction, which seems like more than just saying "this would be a good signing."

Mike Brown should also know that out of all the OL performance in the playoffs (and SB specifically), C was one of the better spots.
RG, RT, and LG will have more focus than C initially, I think.
There's only unproven/bad players at those spots, currently, so they need addressed before C and LT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:23 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Pro Football Focus has Ryan Jensen signing with us!

I've been stressing about people picking tackles because, first and foremost, I've been saying that we need to protect what's right in front of Burrow, especially in this division.

Jensen blocked for Tom Brady as his first line of defense and he was the highest-paid center at one point, so I'm l think he's definitely worth it.

He'll be 31 by next season so I doubt he'll command a big contract but we have cap room and he'd definitely be worth it.

Releasing Hopkins would also free up cap space to make giving him a nice contract even more manageable.

Do you want him here?

I say we bring him in.

Brother, Fansided is just as awful as Bleacher Report.
Reply/Quote
I’ve been predicting that the Bengals take a center for quite awhile. It makes so much sense. The OL problems are more than just talent. Guard can be addressed with resigning Spain and Carman getting his head right. Don’t think he embraced being a backup and moving to right guard. He didn’t adjust well from being the LT at Clemson. The come to Jesus meeting is looming. They can probably also sign a decent vet middle priced FA guard for ramping up competition and throw Hopkins in there. Carman is a good kid but just hasn’t adjusted to the NFL well. They then will draft at #31 a tackle. That’s been my prediction as well as resign Reiff in a favorable contract.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: crap its that time of year isnt it 

gonna see lots of these

Yeah, but thankfully it wasn't 3 full months of threads on it this year! 
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Unless you drink grape soda.

Or if you eat the All Crunchberries cereal.  You'll be saying 'Merry Christmas' to your bowl, and not the cereal bowl. 

(02-25-2022, 06:33 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Yeah, but thankfully it wasn't 3 full months of threads on it this year! 

No uniform threads this year either.  A weird offseason to be sure.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
He is definitely around the top of my wish list. He plays with the attitude and aggression we lack on the OL.
Reply/Quote
Jensen would be nice, but I think that I'd rather see the team go after the younger Bozeman. Jensen has already reached his peak, while Bozeman is still on the rise.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Seems last year the only folks that linked Thuney to us was this Message Board. National media linked him with contenders. This year we're contenders so more FAs are going to be linked to us.

As to Jensen; I'd rather have Bozeman
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:48 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I predict my poop will be brown

(02-25-2022, 05:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Unless you drink grape soda.
As a 6 year old, 5 or 6 of of the green ones of these in a row can freak you out before you flush the next day.

Just sayin'.

[Image: IMG_7432.jpg]
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Jensen would cost too much espcially when Jones, Bozeman and Karras are all free agents we could sign.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems last year the only folks that linked Thuney to us was this Message Board. National media linked him with contenders. This year we're contenders so more FAs are going to be linked to us.

As to Jensen; I'd rather have Bozeman

There was a lot of talk on PFF and other sites as well. It was the combination of Burrow coming off injury and he was a local guy and the team had opened up the wallet the previous year for the defense, so a lot of sites "predicted" Thuney would sign with the Bengals since they had the favorable cap room to make it happen as well. 

Goes to show that these preditctions are literally just best guesses based on team need vs salary cap space.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 05:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown should also know that out of all the OL performance in the playoffs (and SB specifically), C was one of the better spots.
RG, RT, and LG will have more focus than C initially, I think.
There's only unproven/bad players at those spots, currently, so they need addressed before C and LT.

Hopkins had a PFF of 51.4 in regular season and a PFF 57.0 in post season. Both of those are bad.  Not Adeniji bad but bad none the less.  Just because we need to address the RG spot doesnt mean we cant also upgrade the C and LG positions too.
Reply/Quote