Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PFF Ranks Cincy's Defense top 10.
(10-18-2020, 06:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Coaches didn't play him that is the problem.

They wouldn’t keep him out for no reason. He’s probably not looking good in practice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:01 PM)J24 Wrote: Coaches didn't play him that is the problem.

Which is so weird. Is he still hurt? Why won’t they start him?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Which is so weird. Is he still hurt? Why won’t they start him?

Honestly the D-Line struggles make absolutely zero sense. The defensive line was red out  to end last season and yet they start off the season so bad. Lou has done a good job for the most part this season but today might have been the worst coaching performance he has ever put out there in the two seasons.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with 16th.

Why does the article say 10th?

I don't know. It doesn't make any sense unless it's just his opinion. Which, still doesn't make any sense. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree with 16th.

Why does the article say 10th?

They shouldn't have put them 10th IMO.
Their pass defense may have been considered Top 10 prior to Colts game, but their run defense was in the red.
If you have the 10th best coverage but bottom-third run defense, it has to balance somewhere in the teens, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They wouldn’t keep him out for no reason. He’s probably not looking good in practice.

Really you think Xaiver Williams and Chris Convington are better options then Geno? Please that doesn't make any sense. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:08 PM)J24 Wrote: Honestly the D-Line struggles make absolutely zero sense. The defensive line was red out  to end last season and yet they start off the season so bad. Lou has done a good job for the most part this season but today might have been the worst coaching performance he has ever put out there in the two seasons.

The OL is the same way.
They really elevated their game in the second half of last season, especially run blocking.
It gave us all a bit of expectation that they'd continue that trend and lean on the run in Burrow's rookie year.
Instead, both the OL and DL have regressed (or were just inflated from playing worse teams late last season?).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Really you think Xaiver Williams and Chris Convington are better options then Geno? Please that doesn't make any sense. 

Why else would they limit his snaps then? We need to come to the realization that All Pro Geno is a thing of the past. He wasn’t particularly good last season either. He’s clearly past his prime.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Really you think Xaiver Williams and Chris Convington are better options then Geno? Please that doesn't make any sense. 

Geno played today but he didnt look like Geno because he was easily washed out of the plays.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The OL is the same way.
They really elevated their game in the second half of last season, especially run blocking.
It gave us all a bit of expectation that they'd continue that trend and lean on the run in Burrow's rookie year.
Instead, both the OL and DL have regressed (or were just inflated from playing worse teams late last season?).
Lawson, Dunlap, and Atkins have been good players every season before this year. I seriously doubt it was the competition.
(10-18-2020, 06:13 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why else would they limit his snaps then? We need to come to the realization that All Pro Geno is a thing of the past. He wasn’t particularly good last season either. He’s clearly past his prime.
1.) He did have a good season last year just not up to his ability that were used to.
2.) He is still better than Chris Convington and Xaiver Williams.
(10-18-2020, 06:14 PM)Synric Wrote: Geno played today but he didnt look like Geno because he was easily washed out of the plays.
He didn't play enough and the plays he did play it seemed like the Bengals were only bringing three rushers. It was piss poor game plan by Lou.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did Lawson even play today? I didn’t notice him once.

Yes. He had one play that would've been considered a "pressure".
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They shouldn't have put them 10th IMO.
Their pass defense may have been considered Top 10 prior to Colts game, but their run defense was in the red.
If you have the 10th best coverage but bottom-third run defense, it has to balance somewhere in the teens, right?

Doesn't really matter after today anyways. Tongue
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Here is another thing that bothers me about today's defense. They knew coming into today that Phillip liked to get the ball out quickly and the running backs and TEs. 
What happened today the RBs and TEs caught 16 passes(18 targets), 169 yards, and 2 TDs. 
J24

Reply/Quote
Lou doesn’t know how to play with a lead. He calls off the dogs too often and plays it safe. Except it’s not playing it safe when guys can catch the short route and go 10-15 yards. He needs to stay aggressive the entire game despite what the score looks like.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:32 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lou doesn’t know how to play with a lead. He calls off the dogs too often and plays it safe. Except it’s not playing it safe when guys can catch the short route and go 10-15 yards. He needs to stay aggressive the entire game despite what the score looks like.

Marvin was the same way. We should take a lesson from the Ravens. They are more aggressive on D when they have a lead. Seems to work out well.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 08:34 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Marvin was the same way. We should take a lesson from the Ravens. They are more aggressive on D when they have a lead. Seems to work out well.

You’re gonna give up plays when you blitz and leave coverage open, but if they are beating you anyways, why not? They blitzed a bit more in the second half and we got some stops... they just caught on too late.

Phil Rivers lacks mobility, it seemed to make sense to try to move him off his spot... idk easier said than done I guess
Reply/Quote
The Bengels defense allowed a struggling Colts offense 430 yards today and a victory. The top 10 ten talk is horseshit.

We all know the phrase you get what you pay for, and Lou is exactly what you get after so many “no’s” before him for the DC job.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2020/10/16/21518843/bengals-defense-top-10-pro-football-focus-rankings-jessie-bates

With all the negative out there right now it's good to see the defense getting a little credit. They have have been hit by injuries and have played up and down but the defense is getting better as the year goes on...We will have to see how they handle life after DJ Reader and at least 4 weeks without Sam Hubbard.

We showed them this week.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 09:11 PM)TKUHL Wrote: We showed them this week.

They’re getting that tape from the 2nd quarter ready for Rivers HoF induction...

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 09:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: The Bengels defense allowed a struggling Colts offense 430 yards today and a victory. The top 10 ten talk is horseshit.

We all know the phrase you get what you pay for, and Lou is exactly what you get after so many “no’s” before him for the DC job.

Makes ya wonder, were the “No’s” due to working for Mike Brown or did they see players not as talented as we think.
Reply/Quote