Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers
Top 5 on Offense:

1.) Joe Burrow- 91.4 What else can you say about Burrow other than the league should be scared to death now that he has adapted to the two deep safety look and can beat you any number of ways.

2.) Tee Higgins- 89.1 I have heard rumblings that Tee was in the coach's ears trying to explain what he was seeing and how they could exploit it. Talk about 150 yards the hard way. No bombs, but one 33 yard reception. Great overall game and much needed, by Tee.

3.) Jonah Williams- 78.5 Total surprise here, but maybe Jonah is feeling better with the injured knee earlier in the season.

4.) Trenton Irwin- 74.6 Only 3 receptions, but they were huge (on 4 targets). So fricking cool to see Burrow and guys so happy for him when he got a game ball.

5.)Joe Mixon- Only 14 snaps, but a strong 70.7. Oddly, he had a 90.0 in the receiving game. Perine had a 69.5 in the pass game. Did they get them mixed up?

Top 5 on Defense:

1.) Germaine Pratt 91.5 Holy shyt! Pratt was dominant and they really needed him to be.

2.) Trey Hendrickson 79.6 Trey really seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half, and helped to seal the win. Great game.

3.) Sam Hubbard 78.3 Loves to beat up the steelers. Great game by the DEs.

4.) Logan Wilson 68.1 Score doesn't seem indicative of his impact. The steelers sure respect him because they rarely challenged him.

5.) BJ Hill 65.8 Solid overall game

Others:

DJ Reader a 46.2 I think PFF doesn't understand his role a lot of the time. The LBs don't have the games they did without Reader occupying the middle.

CTB: 58.6 12 tackles, but one BS penalty probably hurt his score. Rated ahead of Bates and Apple.

Cam Sample: 58.1 Played 32 snaps, did well in his opportunity.

Cordell Volson 41.1 Thought he looked a lot better than that. A measly 14.1 in pass blocking. 55.1 in run blocking

La'el Collins 61.5 with a score over 70 in the run game. Thought this was his best game.

Ted Karras- 55.6 An odd 78.7 in pass blocking, but a 47.3 in run blocking. Wonder how much of that was running in to a really loaded box.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 on Offense:

1.) Joe Burrow- 91.4  What else can you say about Burrow other than the league should be scared to death now that he has adapted to the two deep safety look and can beat you any number of ways.

2.)  Tee Higgins-  89.1  I have heard rumblings that Tee was in the coach's ears trying to explain what he was seeing and how they could exploit it.  Talk about 150 yards the hard way.  No bombs, but one 33 yard reception.  Great overall game and much needed, by Tee.

3.)  Jonah Williams-  78.5  Total surprise here, but maybe Jonah is feeling better with the injured knee earlier in the season.  

4.)  Trenton Irwin-  74.6  Only 3 receptions, but they were huge (on 4 targets).  So fricking cool to see Burrow and guys so happy for him when he got a game ball.

5.)Joe Mixon-  Only 14 snaps, but a strong 70.7.  Oddly, he had a 90.0 in the receiving game.  Perine had a 69.5 in the pass game.  Did they get them mixed up?

Top 5 on Defense:

1.) Germaine Pratt 91.5  Holy shyt!  Pratt was dominant and they really needed him to be.  

2.) Trey Hendrickson 79.6  Trey really seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half, and helped to seal the win.  Great game.  

3.)  Sam Hubbard 78.3  Loves to beat up the steelers.  Great game by the DEs.  

4.)  Logan Wilson 68.1  Score doesn't seem indicative of his impact. The steelers sure respect him because they rarely challenged him.

5.)  BJ Hill 65.8  Solid overall game

Others:

DJ Reader a 46.2  I think PFF doesn't understand his role a lot of the time.  The LBs don't have the games they did without Reader occupying the middle.  

CTB:  58.6  12 tackles, but one BS penalty probably hurt his score.  Rated ahead of Bates and Apple.  

Cam Sample:  58.1  Played 32 snaps, did well in his opportunity.  

Cordell Volson 41.1  Thought he looked a lot better than that.  A measly 14.1 in pass blocking.  55.1 in run blocking

La'el Collins 61.5 with a score over 70 in the run game.  Thought this was his best game.  

Ted Karras-  55.6  An odd 78.7 in pass blocking, but a 47.3 in run blocking.  Wonder how much of that was running in to a really loaded box.

Appreciate the info.  I am repping you for the thread title.
Reply/Quote
The people that wanted to just give up on Jonah baffled me. Two bad games coming off a dislocated knee.

The guy has shown flashes over his career and has been an at least average player. Hes only 25.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

^ FULL GRADES

Cigar
Reply/Quote
Just from the eye test I don't think Reader had a very good game. Although I think it was to be expected and probably gonna take him some games to get back into it.

Where did people see the game ball to Irwin? He deserved it for sure and he really did make some big plays for us last night the catch and run down the sideline was very nice.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The people that wanted to just give up on Jonah baffled me. Two bad games coming off a dislocated knee.

The guy has shown flashes over his career and has been an at least average player. Hes only 25.

I was becoming worried about Jonah but I'm definitely not an expert at breaking down the oline. I wasn't aware how much the injury was affecting him and I'm hopeful that all it was. A lot of my concerns were from the Browns game because that was a game were his game seemed to really regress. But glad he's coming on strong. Really just a great game overall where players all over the place seemed to be making very good plays.
Reply/Quote

1.) Joe Burrow- 91.4  What else can you say about Burrow other than the league should be scared to death now that he has adapted to the two deep safety look and can beat you any number of ways.

2.)  Tee Higgins-  89.1  I have heard rumblings that Tee was in the coach's ears trying to explain what he was seeing and how they could exploit it.  Talk about 150 yards the hard way.  No bombs, but one 33 yard reception.  Great overall game and much needed, by Tee.

3.)  Jonah Williams-  78.5  Total surprise here, but maybe Jonah is feeling better with the injured knee earlier in the season.  

4.)  Trenton Irwin-  74.6  Only 3 receptions, but they were huge (on 4 targets).  So fricking cool to see Burrow and guys so happy for him when he got a game ball.

5.)Joe Mixon-  Only 14 snaps, but a strong 70.7.  Oddly, he had a 90.0 in the receiving game.  Perine had a 69.5 in the pass game.  Did they get them mixed up?
Top 5 on Defense:

1.) Germaine Pratt 91.5  Holy shyt!  Pratt was dominant and they really needed him to be.  

2.) Trey Hendrickson 79.6  Trey really seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half, and helped to seal the win.  Great game.  

4.)  Logan Wilson 68.1  Score doesn't seem indicative of his impact. The steelers sure respect him because they rarely challenged him.

Others:

DJ Reader a 46.2  I think PFF doesn't understand his role a lot of the time.  The LBs don't have the games they did without Reader occupying the middle.  

CTB:  58.6  12 tackles, but one BS penalty probably hurt his score.  Rated ahead of Bates and Apple.  

Cordell Volson 41.1  Thought he looked a lot better than that.  A measly 14.1 in pass blocking.  55.1 in run blocking

La'el Collins 61.5 with a score over 70 in the run game.  Thought this was his best game.  

Ted Karras-  55.6  An odd 78.7 in pass blocking, but a 47.3 in run blocking.  Wonder how much of that was running in to a really loaded box.

I appreciate the update. I thought Collins had a very good game against best DE in football.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Karras I remember getting completely undercut on an outside zone run where his man ran down the HB from the backside. I’m sure that run hurt him pretty badly.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 06:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The people that wanted to just give up on Jonah baffled me. Two bad games coming off a dislocated knee.

I wasn't giving up on him, but his rather pedestrian play prior to the injury was baffling and a little concerning. Now after the knee, it was certainly understandable that he struggled some. He's looked better the last couple of weeks for sure.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:27 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was becoming worried about Jonah but I'm definitely not an expert at breaking down the oline. I wasn't aware how much the injury was affecting him and I'm hopeful that all it was. A lot of my concerns were from the Browns game because that was a game were his game seemed to really regress. But glad he's coming on strong. Really just a great game overall where players all over the place seemed to be making very good plays.

Yeah, he dislocated his knee cap against NYJ and came back to play the second half! That's tough, gotta give him credit for that.

I figured he would struggle against Garrett not being full strength. It was his play prior to the injury that concerned me a little.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, he dislocated his knee cap against NYJ and came back to play the second half! That's tough, gotta give him credit for that.

I figured he would struggle against Garrett not being full strength. It was his play prior to the injury that concerned me a little.

Yeah that's a fair point and I guess I forgot he was leading the line in sacks allowed before his injury. 
Reply/Quote
I’ll take those numbers for Collins considering who he was going up against. He even had a couple nice pancakes on Watt, too.

Reply/Quote

Top 5 on Defense:

Others:

Bates can go and chase his dollars elsewhere

I'd be curious to see CTB's coverage rating v. Eli. I thought Eli did much better in coverage

We GOTTA do something at CB. We can last next week against Tenn but KC will slay us
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

You know fandom is a minute to minute thing.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bates can go and chase his dollars elsewhere

I'd be curious to see CTB's coverage rating v. Eli. I thought Eli did much better in coverage

We GOTTA do something at CB. We can last next week against Tenn but KC will slay us

Your wish is my command:

Eli Apple had a 58.2 in coverage and CTB had a 64.8 in coverage.  They both played a total of 48 coverage snaps.  Eli was probably better overall, but PFF really hammers you on a miscommunication that leads to a big TD.  I am guessing they put that one on Eli.  

As far as what to do against KC, I think we really need to hope Dax Hill is available then.  
Reply/Quote

Top 5 on Defense:

Others:

Perine's pass grade just can't be right and if it is right ? I'll take it anytime. 

Germaine "Splat" Pratt was in beast mode and hope he brings that to the table against Tennessee again Sunday

Thanks for posting

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

It's going to be interesting to see what the organization thinks regarding Jonah's next contract.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:12 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Your wish is my command:

Eli Apple had a 58.2 in coverage and CTB had a 64.8 in coverage.  They both played a total of 48 coverage snaps.  Eli was probably better overall, but PFF really hammers you on a miscommunication that leads to a big TD.  I am guessing they put that one on Eli.  

As far as what to do against KC, I think we really need to hope Dax Hill is available then.  

Appreciate your updates.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:22 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Perine's pass grade just can't be right ? If it is I'll take it anytime. 

Germaine "Splat" Pratt was in beast mode and hope he brings that to the table against Tennessee again Sunday

Thanks for posting

I have to wonder if Pratt's production has anything to do with Reader's return?  He's suddenly penetrating their backfield and making plays usually untouched.  It's great to have Reader back!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:33 AM)hugh jasse Wrote: I have to wonder if Pratt's production has anything to do with Reader's return?  He's suddenly penetrating their backfield and making plays usually untouched.  It's great to have Reader back!

Fair point that probably has some merit to it as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote