Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF Week 11- F*** You steelers
(11-24-2022, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: C'mon fellas!  Let's save the venom for who deserves it!!!

Here is a list in case you need help identifying who deserves it:

The steelers (all and always)
steelers fans (ditto)
The city of pittsburgh (disgusting)
Former steelers
Former steeler coaches
Fat, unemployed individuals that think because they root for a team that has won six championships (though most of those players are dead from horse steroid abuse and most were won when TVs were black and white) that they are somehow "winners".  Wait, I already did that one (#2).  Sorry, my bad.
Roger Goodell- a steeler at heart and a complete assbag
Any TV announcer not named Kevin Harlan or Chris Collinsworth 
Any parent that buys a kid steeler gear (that's abuse)
Any female steeler fan that has extensive plastic surgery (that's not fair, just accept that God didn't create hot female steeler fans....No such thing.
DeShawn Watson

I think that covers it?

Way to get this thread back on track. BTW going to rate this thread 5 stars, I don't usually rate threads but this one 
deserves it. Goodell the ass bag lol

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Top 5 on Offense:

1.) Joe Burrow- 91.4  What else can you say about Burrow other than the league should be scared to death now that he has adapted to the two deep safety look and can beat you any number of ways.

2.)  Tee Higgins-  89.1  I have heard rumblings that Tee was in the coach's ears trying to explain what he was seeing and how they could exploit it.  Talk about 150 yards the hard way.  No bombs, but one 33 yard reception.  Great overall game and much needed, by Tee.

3.)  Jonah Williams-  78.5  Total surprise here, but maybe Jonah is feeling better with the injured knee earlier in the season.  

4.)  Trenton Irwin-  74.6  Only 3 receptions, but they were huge (on 4 targets).  So fricking cool to see Burrow and guys so happy for him when he got a game ball.

5.)Joe Mixon-  Only 14 snaps, but a strong 70.7.  Oddly, he had a 90.0 in the receiving game.  Perine had a 69.5 in the pass game.  Did they get them mixed up?

Top 5 on Defense:

1.) Germaine Pratt 91.5  Holy shyt!  Pratt was dominant and they really needed him to be.  

2.) Trey Hendrickson 79.6  Trey really seemed to turn it on in the 2nd half, and helped to seal the win.  Great game.  

3.)  Sam Hubbard 78.3  Loves to beat up the steelers.  Great game by the DEs.  

4.)  Logan Wilson 68.1  Score doesn't seem indicative of his impact. The steelers sure respect him because they rarely challenged him.

5.)  BJ Hill 65.8  Solid overall game

Others:

DJ Reader a 46.2  I think PFF doesn't understand his role a lot of the time.  The LBs don't have the games they did without Reader occupying the middle.  

CTB:  58.6  12 tackles, but one BS penalty probably hurt his score.  Rated ahead of Bates and Apple.  

Cam Sample:  58.1  Played 32 snaps, did well in his opportunity.  

Cordell Volson 41.1  Thought he looked a lot better than that.  A measly 14.1 in pass blocking.  55.1 in run blocking

La'el Collins 61.5 with a score over 70 in the run game.  Thought this was his best game.  

Ted Karras-  55.6  An odd 78.7 in pass blocking, but a 47.3 in run blocking.  Wonder how much of that was running in to a really loaded box.

PFF might be harsher on Volson than many think they should be, but I would bet it has a lot to do with technique, footwork, etc. that most fans don't ever notice. Fans are just noticing pressures/hits/sacks mostly.
With that said, Volson was tagged 3 pressures against PIT - 1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry. Volson is up to 23 total pressures and 4 sacks allowed on the season. Volson has actually been tagged with at least 1 total pressure in every game this season.
Jonah Williams has allowed the most sacks and total pressures on the OL, but his pass block grade sits at 62.7, which is higher than both Volson and Collins. The likely reason for that is how he's executing the reps that are not resulting in a pressure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF might be harsher on Volson than many think they should be, but I would bet it has a lot to do with technique, footwork, etc. that most fans don't ever notice. Fans are just noticing pressures/hits/sacks mostly.
With that said, Volson was tagged 3 pressures against PIT - 1 sack, 1 hit, 1 hurry. Volson is up to 23 total pressures and 4 sacks allowed on the season. Volson has actually been tagged with at least 1 total pressure in every game this season.
Jonah Williams has allowed the most sacks and total pressures on the OL, but his pass block grade sits at 62.7, which is higher than both Volson and Collins. The likely reason for that is how he's executing the reps that are not resulting in a pressure.

Jonah is a good guy for Cordell to learn from honestly as that is Jonah's best quality. He has always had great technique.

This makes up for his lack of athleticism. Cordell is also not the most athletic either, he is more of a mauler.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 12:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yeah, we talked about it last month; I had mentioned that Fred has had these little bannings here and there and he'd be back soon...

… then someone said that he posted (as a joke, but still something you shouldn't post) an image of a Klansman or something, that was swiftly taken down.

It was either Nicomo or Faulk, but they responded, "don't think he's coming back after that," and I'd tend to agree with that notion.

Jesus. WTH, Fred?  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Way to get this thread back on track. BTW going to rate this thread 5 stars, I don't usually rate threads but this one 
deserves it. Goodell the ass bag lol

Hilarious

One of my former colleagues in the south told my best friend one time (with his southern drawl)  "I like the way Steve says ASSBAG".  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Jonah is a good guy for Cordell to learn from honestly as that is Jonah's best quality. He has always had great technique.

This makes up for his lack of athleticism. Cordell is also not the most athletic either, he is more of a mauler.

That is supposed to be the book on him, but he does have GREAT length (no short arms there, Billy Price, and just about every other recent guard) and I LOVED when he was leading the way on Perine's screen TD.  He was all the way in the damn end zone before Perine even got there.  He smoked one DB on the run, which I loved as well. 

I think what I love most about Volson compared to Carman is that he appears to eat, breathe, and sleep football.  It matters to him. Because of that, he will take to coaching, work his ass off to continue to get stronger, and improve as time goes on.  

He's an older rookie (24) but he still will continue to get stronger with NFL training and nutrition.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF might be harsher on Volson than many think they should be, but I would bet it has a lot to do with technique, footwork, etc. that most fans don't ever notice. Fans are just noticing pressures/hits/sacks mostly.

I know they absolutely kill you for penalties.  Sometimes, I would take a holding call over a free shot on my QB.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 11:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Jesus. WTH, Fred?  

Yeah, remember the post. He was kind of insinuating our all white uni's were racist but Fred didn't really mean it like
some stealer fan's do. It was meant to be a joke. I think he should be allowed to come back, he wasn't really being racist 
or anything IMO.

(11-25-2022, 11:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One of my former colleagues in the south told my best friend one time (with his southern drawl)  "I like the way Steve says ASSBAG".  

LMAO

(11-25-2022, 11:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That is supposed to be the book on him, but he does have GREAT length (no short arms there, Billy Price, and just about every other recent guard) and I LOVED when he was leading the way on Perine's screen TD.  He was all the way in the damn end zone before Perine even got there.  He smoked one DB on the run, which I loved as well. 

I think what I love most about Volson compared to Carman is that he appears to eat, breathe, and sleep football.  It matters to him. Because of that, he will take to coaching, work his ass off to continue to get stronger, and improve as time goes on.  

He's an older rookie (24) but he still will continue to get stronger with NFL training and nutrition.  

I too think Volson could end up being a very good O-lineman for us, his versatility is also such a great skill to have.

He is obviously very smart and like you said eats, breathes and sleeps football and has GREAT length. Props to the FO,
coaches and Pollack for spotting this could be diamond in the rough glass eating O-lineman.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2022, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, remember the post. He was kind of insinuating our all white uni's were racist but Fred didn't really mean it like
some stealer fan's do. It was meant to be a joke. I think he should be allowed to come back, he wasn't really being racist 
or anything IMO.

LMAO

I too think Volson could end up being a very good O-lineman for us, his versatility is also such a great skill to have.

He is obviously very smart and like you said eats, breathes and sleeps football and has GREAT length. Props to the FO,
coaches and Pollack for spotting this could be diamond in the rough glass eating O-lineman.

Yeah, I have to admit, Volson wasn't on my radar at all.   I would be shocked if anyone on here took him in a mock.  

I won a good chunk of change betting that Willis would be drafted by the Titans.  It was +3300!  I figured if he made it past pitt, he could fall and Tenn couldn't be very happy with RT after the playoff game.  Huge win:)

I wonder what kind of odds I could have received on Volson being drafted here in Rd 4, let alone put Carman on the bench.  

Oh, and thanks for the update on Toast.  I could never see that guy as racist.  Hope he comes back, too.  It has been a mission over the past, what 8 years, to get rep from FT.  Never happened.  He hated me because I would always make fun of his stat cherry-picking.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2022, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cordell is also not the most athletic either, he is more of a mauler.

Though that may be true, he looked extremely athletic out there on the Perine screen. Probably best way downfield block I’ve seen since Witworth.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2022, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, I have to admit, Volson wasn't on my radar at all.   I would be shocked if anyone on here took him in a mock.  

I won a good chunk of change betting that Willis would be drafted by the Titans.  It was +3300!  I figured if he made it past pitt, he could fall and Tenn couldn't be very happy with RT after the playoff game.  Huge win:)

I wonder what kind of odds I could have received on Volson being drafted here in Rd 4, let alone put Carman on the bench.  

Oh, and thanks for the update on Toast.  I could never see that guy as racist.  Hope he comes back, too.  It has been a mission over the past, what 8 years, to get rep from FT.  Never happened.  He hated me because I would always make fun of his stat cherry-picking.  

Never heard of Cordell Volson until the pick. They really delved deep to find this guy out of North Dakota State.

When I watched the highlights of him though, I understood. Looked like a man amongst boys out there.

You are welcome on that update on Freddy boy. Yeah, I think I got reps a couple times from Fred, but it was like pulling
teeth. We tended to bash heads a bit, was weird, we also agreed on a few things, but he was a stat guy big time and it 
seemed like he didn't use his eyes and actually watch the games. Truth on his cherry picking, he would take one sentence
out of an entire post and turn it on you which is refreshing not to have around here anymore.

(11-26-2022, 12:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Though that may be true, he looked extremely athletic out there on the Perine screen. Probably best way downfield block I’ve seen since Witworth.

True, I think Cordell was playing tentative early in the season being a rookie and all and that made him look unathletic.

Ochocincos was calling him out a lot for this, but we all saw he has it in him on that play. After that, sky is the limit with him IMO.
Reply/Quote
How out of shape did Jonah look today?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How out of shape did Jonah look today?

Didn't notice which is a great thing with OL going against a damn good DL. I think Jonah is finally healed up and playing well.
Reply/Quote
I just figured Fred would reincarnate himself with a new user name..... but I haven't seen any new stat guys
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just figured Fred would reincarnate himself with a new user name..... but I haven't seen any new stat guys

Nope, you could tell if he was on here. You would see thread after thread being derailed by this random person lol
Reply/Quote

The entire O-line looked good today, but Jonah was fortunate enough to only have to block a former Ky Wildcat.  Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:18 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The entire O-line looked good today, but Jonah was fortunate enough to only have to block a former Ky Wildcat.  Ninja

Hey!! Who owns the Governor's Cup??  And don't get me started on Basketball..

WTS, A friend of my son's had a class with Dupree at UK. Said he was a great guy, but he only saw him in class once, but was sure he passed
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

I think a lot could be attributed to the dislocated kneecap.  I did that once and it sucked.  Even though it was back in place, you always felt like it was loose and was going to do it again. 

I am still in the camp that at Jonah's age, he should be working on his strength over just adding weight.  I have no idea how much strength he has added if any, but I see him bullrushed far too often for what was supposed to be a premier LT first round pick.  Just my two cents.  I'm not hating on the guy.  I look at guys like Hubbard, the work that guy has put in, and the force he has become for a third round pick.  Maybe I have high expectations, but I think there is a better Jonah in there.  
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I just figured Fred would reincarnate himself with a new user name..... but I haven't seen any new (Cherry Picking) stat guys

Fixed it for you.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote

No one cares when he doesn't suck.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote