Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades
easily Jesse Bate's worst game of the season. He was credited with 4 missed tackles

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Damn! Bates must have felt real bad about that pro bowl snub.
Reply/Quote
Phillips since returning has been the best defensive player on the team.
Reply/Quote
I still don't get all the "resign Spain" love. Yeah, he's better than Jordan, but the guy still isn't very good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:45 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Phillips since returning has been the best defensive player on the team.

Lawson was by far our best defensive player against Pittsburgh. Hubbard is playing well, too.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I still don't get all the "resign Spain" love.  Yeah, he's better than Jordan, but the guy still isn't very good.

To be fair, that's by far his worst game.

As to the OP, some of those scores on defense are ugly!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I still don't get all the "resign Spain" love. Yeah, he's better than Jordan, but the guy still isn't very good.

I only want him for depth. Neither him or XSF should penciled in as starters.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:55 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: To be fair, that's by far his worst game.

As to the OP, some of those scores on defense are ugly!

Especially that Pratt grade. After what was probably the best game of his career against Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
Von Bell seems to have found some consistency.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:45 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Phillips since returning has been the best defensive player on the team.

I’ve been surprised by his tackling. He was a known ballhawk with pretty good cover skills coming out of college but I don’t think I expected him to tackle as well as he has in the past two games.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Especially that Pratt grade. After what was probably the best game of his career against Pittsburgh.

No doubt, that one caught my eye too. I guess I should go back to my view of him being inconsistent.

Reply/Quote

If he could stay healthy he'd be a really good player, but he can't and that's an issue. He is a Jason Verett type situation in a slightly less talented way.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I only want him for depth. Neither him or XSF should penciled in as starters.

This....and if he wins out, so be it.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No doubt, that one caught my eye too. I guess I should go back to my view of him being inconsistent.

He made a great play chasing Watson to the sideline on 2nd and goal.

PFF grades are misleading. Just like Ben Baby thinks he missed his gap, but he says it wasn’t his gap. These are the types of disconnect between analyst and player that lead to funky grades.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: If he could stay healthy he'd be a really good player, but he can't and that's an issue. He is a Jason Verett type situation in a slightly less talented way.

You could say the same about all of our corners lol.

Waynes hasn’t played a game, and WJ3 is constantly dinged up.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He made a great play chasing Watson to the sideline on 2nd and goal.

PFF grades are misleading. Just like Ben Baby thinks he missed his gap, but he says it wasn’t his gap. These are the types of disconnect between analyst and player that lead to funky grades.

I guess that's true too. It's better than watching Maualuga getting burnt all day, that's for sure. I like Pratt, I've just seen some inconsistent play over the last couple years. To your point, he has certainly looked better over the last few weeks going off the eye test.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I guess that's true too. It's better than watching Maualuga getting burnt all day, that's for sure. I like Pratt, I've just seen some inconsistent play over the last couple years. To your point, he has certainly looked better over the last few weeks going off the eye test.

I’d personally love to get a 1st or 2nd round LB to pair with Pratt and Wilson. Re-sign Bynes as veteran mentor/backup.

Only if it makes sense with how the draft falls though... OL and DL first
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 02:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I’d personally love to get a 1st or 2nd round LB to pair with Pratt and Wilson. Re-sign Bynes as veteran mentor/backup.

Only if it makes sense with how the draft falls though... OL and DL first

Not a bad plan at all in my opinion. I watch the kid from LSU lighting it up for TB, and Smith up in CHI and can't help but wonder how much better our D would be with that kind of potential/play at LB.

Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I only want him for depth. Neither him or XSF should penciled in as starters.

Agree

Just like theLL said few days ago. If we go into next season with Spain,Hop,XSF as our interior Oline we're asking for trouble. 

We have to temper our elation over the Oline being "ok" now and confusing that with good. We were awful with a capital A and it's just fools gold believing it's all good now.

We still need at least 2 if not 3 upgrades on our 2021 Oline.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 01:45 PM)Whatever Wrote: I still don't get all the "resign Spain" love.  Yeah, he's better than Jordan, but the guy still isn't very good.

I think that's typical of the fanbase.  They don't trust management to get anyone better so we have to hang onto the best available until a better option comes around.  

MJ should retire though so they don't ever try to sneak him back in there.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote