Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades (Divisional round)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I still think Prince should have been charged for a sack.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a grade that low before
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Wilson was definitely money. Glad it showed up in the ratings. Man was a run stuffing machine last night. On the other hand, I thought Pratt looked quite poor. Markus Bailey had a couple of really nice plays. Our linebacker future is very bright.
Reply/Quote
Glad the numbers represent the truth, the defense won this game.
Reply/Quote
What a game for Logan Wilson. Kid has Pro Bowl/All Pro type potential.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Not sure I’ve ever seen a grade that low before

Billy Price had a lower grade last year. Think it might have even been against Tennessee…

Reply/Quote
Don’t you get a 25 just for signing your name on the test?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Not sure I’ve ever seen a grade that low before

Insidious at best
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:19 PM)M.W. Wrote: Glad the numbers represent the truth, the defense won this game.

Team win. Burrow, Chase, Tee, Mixon, and Uzomah all came up big.

Reply/Quote
Oline was horrible no doubt, but they came through when it mattered the most and in the end it's the only thing that counts..Nice, clean pocket for JoeyB on the pass to #1.. Who won the game? In 20 years nobody will remember the Tennessee Dline.. Losers always go home and get forgotten in the long run.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Team win. Burrow, Chase, Tee, Mixon, and Uzomah all came up big.

I mean, sure...but when the 5th rated defender graded higher than the top rated guy on offense, I think it's safe to say the defense outplayed the offense. Let's give credit where it's due.

The o-line was so incredibly bad that it took herculean efforts by Burrow and McPherson just to score 19 points...and 19 isn't going to get you a Dub without a tremendous showing by the D.

Holding the Titans and their weapons to 16 points in their house = defense was the real MVP.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You mean to tell me our 2nd round guard can’t beat out Adeniji?
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I mean, sure...but when the 5th rated defender graded higher than the top rated guy on offense, I think it's safe to say the defense outplayed the offense. Let's give credit where it's due.

The o-line was so incredibly bad that it took herculean efforts by Burrow and McPherson just to score 19 points...and 19 isn't going to get you a Dub without a tremendous showing by the D.

Holding the Titans and their weapons to 16 points in their house = defense was the real MVP.

This is exactly how I look at it.  No way this teams wins without the defense making huge plays all game.  Most would have thought Henry was going to run all over the Bengals defense and score at least 24 points.  Nope, Bengals D had a fantastic day!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:19 PM)M.W. Wrote: Glad the numbers represent the truth, the defense won this game.

Overall yes, offense put up yards but not points ..though only 1 turnover was big, in the end defense took us to the championship game
Reply/Quote
The only thing that counts is the W.. The D played lights out, the Oline lights on full power, but they held when it mattered the most, that last pass to Chase.. Dog em all you want and they deserve most of it, but they didn't lose us the game.. They weren't playing horseshoes or handgrenades.. Losers always get the "almost" designation..  Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
From what I saw the Titans d-line was running all sorts of stunts.  Seemed like they were looping or twisting or something almost every pass play.  So I don't know how PFF can say what lineman was responsible for which defender.

One time Prince just stood there and watched a guy fly inside when there was no blocker to pick him up.  I did not re-watch the game to concentrate just on the offensive line, but from just that one play i am pretty sure the PFF rankings are off.

What I saw was pressure from EVERY point along the line.  Mostly on the inside but also from the edges.

I don't kow if it was brilliants calls/scheme by the Titans Defensive Coordinator or if those D-linemen were just that superior to our blockers, but they got absolutely abused.  Everyone is crying about 9 sacks but it was actually 11 if you count the 2 times Burrow got taken down that were wiped out by a penalty and a time out.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 02:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Surprising as both Mixon and Prince were standing upright blocking no one as pass rushers ran by them and got to Burrow. Maybe some of the assignments were mishandled to begin with but no way to they deserve a clean sheet or whatever. 

Reply/Quote
The defense was great, that’s why Lou is getting a HC interview in NY, but the offense played their part. That’s all I’m saying. QB with 348 yards and a 75.7 completion %, one WR over 100 yards, and another just a hair under 100, RB with 100+ all purpose yards and a TD. TE with 7 catches for 71 yards.

We would have killed for offensive performances like that in our past playoff games.

Reply/Quote