Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PFF grades for week 5
(10-10-2023, 10:46 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: It is an extremely deep OT class. Into round 2 deep.

Fashanu, Alt, & Latham are all top 15 guys.

Suamataia, Mins, Morgan, & Guyton are all well regarded, Paul, too.

Barton & Fautanu are OTs in college  but some project them elsewhere.

You're assuming we have an OL coach that can develop a young player. Our best bet is to sign a great FA and let Pollack make him good. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If they’re gonna roll with a value RT or a rookie RT, you have to upgrade the LG spot. You just do. Brown and Jonah have both been good so far. The tackles are not currently the issue with this line. It’s on the interior

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 04:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Burrow with that 60 run block grade. Gotta do better than that, man.

Seriously though, I think its time for JORDAN BATTLE SZN.

Agreed, Jordan Battle has good instincts and that would be valuable next to the freak in Dax Hill.

I also like Tycen a lot as well but he is still raw I guess. Either way, better than what we have seen from Nick Scott.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2023, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Honestly wish we could extend Jonah for his play at RT, but this is the problem, he still wants to be a LT I am sure.

Too bad Carman sucks on the right side, that would of helped if he was decent. We will most likely need to Draft a RT and add a LG 
in Free Agency if Volson also continues to not play well. Bring in a new OL coach as well if these 2 don't drastically improve IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Honestly wish we could extend Jonah for his play at RT, but this is the problem, he still wants to be a LT I am sure.

Too bad Carman sucks on the right side, that would of helped if he was decent. We will most likely need to Draft a RT and add a LG 
in Free Agency if Volson also continues to not play well. Bring in a new OL coach as well if these 2 don't drastically improve IMO.

Jonah would be a perfect candidate for the Transition Tag. If someone offers him LT money we let him walk, if they offer RT money then we can match 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jonah would be a perfect candidate for the Transition Tag. If someone offers him LT money we let him walk, if they offer RT money then we can match 

The projected Transition Tag price for an OL is $20.9 mill according to overthecap.

If no team ends up offering anything close to that tag, Bengals could end up being stuck paying $20+ mill for Jonah.

I'd almost just not tag him at all and try to negotiate something like 3 years, $30-$35 mill ($10 - $11.67 mill APY) and let him walk if he gets something better elsewhere.

Rob Havenstein in Sept 2022 agreed to a 3 year, $34.5 mill extension ($11.5 mill APY), and I don't think Jonah is as good of RT as him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 04:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Jonah would be a perfect candidate for the Transition Tag. If someone offers him LT money we let him walk, if they offer RT money then we can match 

Was for it until Ocho said this...

That is spendy.

(10-11-2023, 05:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The projected Transition Tag price for an OL is $20.9 mill according to overthecap.

If no team ends up offering anything close to that tag, Bengals could end up being stuck paying $20+ mill for Jonah.

I'd almost just not tag him at all and try to negotiate something like 3 years, $30-$35 mill ($10 - $11.67 mill APY) and let him walk if he gets something better elsewhere.

Rob Havenstein in Sept 2022 agreed to a 3 year, $34.5 mill extension ($11.5 mill APY), and I don't think Jonah is as good of RT as him.

Yeah, do you think Jonah would be willing to stay at RT with us for that amount of dough?

He seemed pretty adamant about playing LT before we gave him no choice pretty much...
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 05:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was for it until Ocho said this...

That is spendy.

Yeah, do you think Jonah would be willing to stay at RT with us for that amount of dough?

He seemed pretty adamant about playing LT before we gave him no choice pretty much...

From everything Jonah has indicated in the past, it's more about the position, less about the money.

I would imagine, based on that, he'd be willing to go to a team to play LT even if it was about the same price or even a bit lower than what the Bengals would offer for RT.

Maybe I'm wrong though and it is solely about money. If so, I would think he'd happily stay at RT (for one more year) at $20.9 mill lol
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 06:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: From everything Jonah has indicated in the past, it's more about the position, less about the money.

I would imagine, based on that, he'd be willing to go to a team to play LT even if it was about the same price or even a bit lower than what the Bengals would offer for RT.

Maybe I'm wrong though and it is solely about money. If so, I would think he'd happily stay at RT (for one more year) at $20.9 mill lol

That was my fear lol
Reply/Quote