Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades week 3
(09-26-2022, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Perine needs more reps.

Agreed. If Mixon continues to run into the backs of the OL, I'm willing to give Perine most of his reps. Hell, have him play on all downs so our offense can be less "predictable" as they can't be sure it's a run or pass if Perine's the main RB. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed. If Mixon continues to run into the backs of the OL, I'm willing to give Perine most of his reps. Hell, have him play on all downs so our offense can be less "predictable" as they can't be sure it's a run or pass if Perine's the main RB. 

And obviously a plan to find a new starting RB next year, too.
No one really thinks Perine is a legit starting RB, right?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Highest lineman was a 58.9? Ouch.

Spin job, Ted cracked the Bengals top for offensive players!
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Each OL:

Williams - 54.2 overall, 66.6 pass block, 41.8 run block, 0 penalties

Volson - 50.1 overall, 54.1 pass block, 49.2 run block, 1 penalty

Karras - 58.9 overall, 50.2 pass block, 60.4 run block, 0 penalties

Cappa - 58.5 overall, 70.4 pass block, 52.8 run block, 0 penalties

Collins - 50.6 overall, 40.3 pass block, 54.8 run block, 0 penalties

So Cappa and Williams were good pass blocking, the rest were bad.
Everyone was bad run blocking.
Volson was rating as the worst OL yesterday, followed very closely by Collins.

Thanks ocho.....while they looked a little better, Joe was getting it out quicker and looking for other options instead of the homerun. He was also excellent moving around back there yesterday. Run blocking is a concern, but as b mentioned, Mixon was off yesterday. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And obviously a plan to find a new starting RB next year, too.
No one really thinks Perine is a legit starting RB, right?

No, but he is a bruiser that doesn't go down easily. He and the line iced it yesterday.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: No, but he is a bruiser that doesn't go down easily. He and the line iced it yesterday.

If Perine was really a bruiser in the definition we think of, he'd be a lot better picking up 3rd and short.
Just sayin'

He's not much smaller than Derrick Henry, but he doesn't run as powerful and angry as Henry does.
And he's bigger than just about every other "big" RB, but he don't run as hard as Nick Chubb, Jonathan Taylor, or Leonard Fournette.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 04:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No one really thinks Perine is a legit starting RB, right?

Perhaps not, but we were damn sure fortunate to have him yesterday. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't think we need him to be a bruiser like Henry, but if he can break a tackle (bruise) better than Mixon then....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 05:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think we need him to be a bruiser like Henry, but if he can break a tackle (bruise) better than Mixon then....

Don't get me wrong, I love the bruising running style.
It's so fun to see a dude power through the line and bulldoze people in front of him.

But the Bengals don't have a guy like that on the team right now, and that kind of rushing style doesn't fit with the scheme either.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I love the bruising running style.
It's so fun to see a dude power through the line and bulldoze people in front of him.

But the Bengals don't have a guy like that on the team right now, and that kind of rushing style doesn't fit with the scheme either.

To be fair they changed the scheme when they ran Perine in the fourth quarter too. They had him hitting the hole fast and the hole was RT-RG and they were not running stretch plays trying to turn the corner. It was just run Perine behind their new right side of the line and let them do their thing. 

If they want a power back call up Jacques Patrick from the squad and let him try - he is a classic power back. 
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 03:36 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Perine needs more reps.

The nature of message board geniuses ( not you). After the Super Bowl they wanted him cut lol
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: To be fair they changed the scheme when they ran Perine in the fourth quarter too. They had him hitting the hole fast and the hole was RT-RG and they were not running stretch plays trying to turn the corner. It was just run Perine behind their new right side of the line and let them do their thing. 

If they want a power back call up Jacques Patrick from the squad and let him try - he is a classic power back. 

Perine is a classic power back. Ask Micah Parsons. Perine manhandled him on a block last week. Perine holds the OU lifting record for the 3 they count by 200 lbs for the running back group. He’s an ox and remember owns the NCAA record for 427 yards in a single game.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 03:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Each OL:

Williams - 54.2 overall, 66.6 pass block, 41.8 run block, 0 penalties

Volson - 50.1 overall, 54.1 pass block, 49.2 run block, 1 penalty

Karras - 58.9 overall, 50.2 pass block, 60.4 run block, 0 penalties

Cappa - 58.5 overall, 70.4 pass block, 52.8 run block, 0 penalties

Collins - 50.6 overall, 40.3 pass block, 54.8 run block, 0 penalties

So Cappa and Williams were good pass blocking, the rest were bad.
Everyone was bad run blocking.
Volson was rating as the worst OL yesterday, followed very closely by Collins.

I'm a bit surprised. I would have guessed our grades would have been higher than that.
Reply/Quote
I’m gonna say it...

Collins is a liability in pass protection. I would say run more behind him and Cappa, but Mixon has happy feet. You gotta put Perine in there

Remember when Corey Dillon was stinking it up in 2003, and Rudi Johnson over took him?
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 01:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LB is actually the position I seem to always question their grades at the most. I’m curious what they gave ADG for yesterday. I thought he played really well.

Same thoughts. ADG I thought looked fantastic out there in both coverage and making Tackles while Pratt was out.

Love our 2 young Linebackers. Also thought Cam Sample looked great in this game but his one Sack he was untouched 
and it should of been a fumble by Flacco, he wasn't down when Cam was sacking him. It was either a fumble or intentional
grounding. Anyways was another good game by our Defense and the Offense finally started to come around.

Look out, I think we are in for a show Thursday. I also liked the play calling by Zac, Brian and Joe in the Jets game.

Wasn't all predictable like the first 2 games. Our OL played much better than those PFF grades allude. I thought Cappa
was the best OL and Volson was really frustrating Quinnen Williams early who is a stud. Liking this team.

I don't know who that team was the first two games lol
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 06:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m gonna say it...

Collins is a liability in pass protection. I would say run more behind him and Cappa, but Mixon has happy feet. You gotta put Perine in there

Remember when Corey Dillon was stinking it up in 2003, and Rudi Johnson over took him?

True, also must add that Mixon's vision at times is very questionable. He would of scored a TD on that toss play in the RZ
if he just cut to the outside where his blocker's were instead of cutting inside where the Defender's were. Give Evans and 
Perine some snaps at RB and in the passing game to change things up.
Reply/Quote
No one is winning there 1 on 1 at run blocking. I honestly expect defenses to start dropping 7 in coverage and rushing 4 and daring the Bengals to run.
Reply/Quote
Surprised with the below average grades on the OL.Not sure how PFF initiates their grading system.I do remember a play where Burrow came just a whisker away from a season ending injury as a result of a low hit.He grabbed his left thigh above the knee and grimaced in pain.

I thought there should have been a flag on that play.He lay their briefly,then got up and walked it off.Close.Same leg he had surgery on.If I were him,with this line,I would be wearing Don Joy Braces on both knees.
Reply/Quote
ADG in Game 3:
72.6 overall
71.3 run defense
83.6 tackling
90.5 pass rush
59.9 coverage
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2022, 06:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m gonna say it...

Liability as in not allowing a sack Sunday?
Reply/Quote