Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF grades week 3
(09-28-2022, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine has been the primary RB before, IIRC.
It was his rookie year in DC.
He started half the season, averaging 3.4 YPC. Just two total TDs in that season.

Maybe he's better now that he's had more experience, but he's not fast enough to be a starting RB, in my opinion.

How fast do you got to be to run for 4 yards a pop? He look fast enough on that big play against the chiefs as well as a few big runs he has had. Do not compare his speed in open field to Mixon they are totally different type backs.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 07:41 PM)Tony Wrote: It's because Burrow made them look good. He houdini his way out of at least 3 sacks..

The ability to extend the play is one of the more sought after traits in a QB, as the pass rushers in the NFL are just relentless..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 11:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Perine has been the primary RB before, IIRC.
It was his rookie year in DC.
He started half the season, averaging 3.4 YPC. Just two total TDs in that season.

Maybe he's better now that he's had more experience, but he's not fast enough to be a starting RB, in my opinion.

Mixon timed faster than Perine, but has definitely lost a step or two.  He hasn't had a 40+ yard run since 2019.  

I'm not a Perine fan at all, but it may be time for more of a 50/50 split.  Mixon isn't what he used to be.  I think that with the OL still trying to get, his more decisive running style and better pass pro can help those guys out a tad.  The offense can also be a tad bit less predictable with him in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 08:51 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Interesting. I was just watching games yesterday. I wanted to double-check to see if it still worked this morning and I am able to go watch the games without issue. It is most likely a caching issue of sorts, or maybe a browser issue. 

I would recommend getting a password vault for the password issue. LastPass is fantastic. 

I have different logins for fantasy and NFL+. It can be a pain having to log out and back in multiple times, since i've seen this issue too, but after logging out, closing the browser, re-opening the browser and logging in, i don't have an issue. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:34 PM)Whatever Wrote: Mixon timed faster than Perine, but has definitely lost a step or two.  He hasn't had a 40+ yard run since 2019.  

I'm not a Perine fan at all, but it may be time for more of a 50/50 split.  Mixon isn't what he used to be.  I think that with the OL still trying to get, his more decisive running style and better pass pro can help those guys out a tad.  The offense can also be a tad bit less predictable with him in the game.

It's really no comparison, when it comes to speed between the two.  Mixon's 'official' time was 4.43 and Perine clocked in at 4.66, so even on his best day, Perine ain't out running NFL LBs, let alone CBs.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 12:04 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: How fast do you got to be to run for 4 yards a pop? He look fast enough on that big play against the chiefs as well as a few big runs he has had. Do not compare his speed in open field to Mixon they are totally different type backs.

Yes, they are different type backs, but how many teams are using a slow bruiser RB nowadays as their primary RB?
A RB needs to be able to run under 4.60 if they are going to be a primary RB.
Perine is slower than that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Forget the Mixon/Perine speed debate...

I want Chris Evans to get more snaps, he has the speed and versatility that might actually score those TD's that
Mixon leaves off the score board. I will say again that on the toss in the RZ against the Jets Mixon would of scored
a TD if he cut to the outside where his blockers were and where the Defenders were not. Bad vision from Mixon.

Maybe Evans scores there or even Perine who seems to have a nose for the End Zone more than Mixon does and I
have always defended Mixon to TLL but he may be right and he just isn't a home run hitter much at all.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Forget the Mixon/Perine speed debate...

I want Chris Evans to get more snaps, he has the speed and versatility that might actually score those TD's that
Mixon leaves off the score board. I will say again that on the toss in the RZ against the Jets Mixon would of scored
a TD if he cut to the outside where his blockers were and where the Defenders were not. Bad vision from Mixon.

Maybe Evans scores there or even Perine who seems to have a nose for the End Zone more than Mixon does and I
have always defended Mixon to TLL but he may be right and he just isn't a home run hitter much at all.

Auden Tate needs to see more snaps as well
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Auden Tate needs to see more snaps as well

No he doesn't and he has nothing to do with the discussion Frank lol

Talk about an out of nowhere post?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No he doesn't and he has nothing to do with the discussion Frank lol

Talk about an out of nowhere post?

cam taylor britt also needs to see more snaps
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: cam taylor britt also needs to see more snaps

They had Hakeem Adeniji out there doing his best Dennis Roland impression, what more do you want?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yes, they are different type backs, but how many teams are using a slow bruiser RB nowadays as their primary RB?
A RB needs to be able to run under 4.60 if they are going to be a primary RB.
Perine is slower than that.

Six teams have their "top of the depth chart" running back as a guy who runs a 4.6 or worse. If you barely adjust that to 4.55, then you are talking about half of the league. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: cam taylor britt also needs to see more snaps

Quit it lol
Reply/Quote
Perine is really good at blitz pickup an underrated skill
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 06:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Perine is really good at blitz pickup an underrated skill

Pretty much the main skill you need in a RB now a days. If you cannot pick up the blitz it honestly doesn't matter how good
of a runner you are now. The most essential skill is blitz pickup in a RB, something Mixon was said to be good at when he was
at Oklahoma with Perine. Kind of weird he hasn't really worked on this to become good at it like Gio and now Perine.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 03:52 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Six teams have their "top of the depth chart" running back as a guy who runs a 4.6 or worse. If you barely adjust that to 4.55, then you are talking about half of the league. 

What are the teams?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 08:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What are the teams?

Buffalo - Devin Singletary (4.66)
Jaguars - James Robinson (4.64)
Chiefs - Clyde Edwards-Helaire (4.60)
Raiders - Josh Jacobs (4.64)
Cardinals - James Conner (4.65)
Bears - David Montgomery (4.63)
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2022, 10:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Buffalo - Devin Singletary (4.66)
Jaguars - James Robinson (4.64)
Chiefs - Clyde Edwards-Helaire (4.60)
Raiders - Josh Jacobs (4.64)
Cardinals - James Conner (4.65)
Bears - David Montgomery (4.63)

Thanks.

Obviously, some of these guys are in a RBBC, so while they may be technically listed 1st on the depth chart, they are used about the same as the other guy(s) below them.

Out of the group, I think Perine would be closest to James Conner. They are about similar size and speed, both can catch.
Personally, I don't see Conner as a good enough RB to be a bell cow, but he can form a good tandem with a faster guy while being that hammer in short yardage and goal line.

I might be ok with Perine and Evans being a future tandem, but I'd be concerned if Perine was a bell cow.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 10:18 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks.

Obviously, some of these guys are in a RBBC, so while they may be technically listed 1st on the depth chart, they are used about the same as the other guy(s) below them.

Out of the group, I think Perine would be closest to James Conner. They are about similar size and speed, both can catch.
Personally, I don't see Conner as a good enough RB to be a bell cow, but he can form a good tandem with a faster guy while being that hammer in short yardage and goal line.

I might be ok with Perine and Evans being a future tandem, but I'd be concerned if Perine was a bell cow.

Realistically, I don't want a bellcow type guy. They tend to be more expensive, and RB quality is rather unimportant anyways. A RB that averages 4.1 YPC isn't that different from a guy who averages 4.7 YPC, for instance. Team success/offensive output is barely changed. I'll take a RBBC and use the saved cash to re-sign other more important players. 
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 10:25 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Realistically, I don't want a bellcow type guy. They tend to be more expensive, and RB quality is rather unimportant anyways. A RB that averages 4.1 YPC isn't that different from a guy who averages 4.7 YPC, for instance. Team success/offensive output is barely changed. I'll take a RBBC and use the saved cash to re-sign other more important players. 

Agree with this, need to stop overpaying 1 RB and go Running Back by commitee.
Reply/Quote