Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF overall scores through 6 games
Chase highest on offense at elite 86.7.
Jonah highest OL at 67.6.
Karras, Cappa, and OBJ all 60+
Mixon and Boyd also doing solid as far as starters go.
Worst starters - Higgins (57.3), Volson (48.2), Smith (39.2)

For defense:
Hendrickson highest with an lite 89.1.
Reader and Battle in the upper 70's. Battle has best coverage grade among all defenders.
Hubbard, Dax Hill, Turner, and Pratt all in the 60's, which is solid.
Worst starters - BJ Hill (54.4 - mainly run defense), Wilson (52.5), Hilton (51.1), Scott (40.5)

If there were any guys that the Bengals should try someone new at, it's Volson, Smith, and Scott.
Scott might already be getting replaced with Battle.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase highest on offense at elite 86.7.

For defense:
Reader and Battle in the upper 70's. Battle has best coverage grade among all defenders.
Hubbard, Hill, Turner, and Pratt all in the 60's, which is solid.
Worst starters - Hill (54.4 - mainly run defense), Wilson (52.5), Hilton (51.1), Scott (40.5)

If there were any guys that the Bengals should try someone new at, it's Volson, Smith, and Scott.
Scott

Irv must have family that works for PFF b/c the decimal point is in the wrong place. More like 3.92

Dude is useless

Nice to see Jonah’s score.

Trey & Chase = Consistent BEASTS.

D and O MVP’s so far
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 04:55 PM)Whacked Wrote: Irv must have family that works for PFF b/c the decimal point is in the wrong place. More like 3.92

Dude is useless

Nice to see Jonah’s score.

Trey & Chase = Consistent BEASTS.

D and O MVP’s so far

Jonah might have really helped his career shifting over to RT.
On pace for just 6 sacks and 34 total pressures allowed.
He will have to worry about Nick Bosa, Garrett again, and possibly 1-2 instances of TJ Watt (based on injury recovery timeline), so that pace may not be able to be sustained.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Curious do you know what BJ Hills Pass rush numbers are Ocho?

Also what's with Logan Wilson's number?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Curious do you know what BJ Hills Pass rush numbers are  Ocho?

Also what's with Logan Wilson's number?

Hill has a pass rush score of 65.6.
2.5 sacks, 20 total pressures.
He's doing pretty solid in that area.
Run defense only 48.0.

LB is probably the hardest to grade for PFF, as they are the hardest to nail down assignments.
But Wilson has been credited with 6 missed tackles and a 85.9 pass rating allowed, which is why his scores are in the 50's for both run and pass.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jonah might have really helped his career shifting over to RT.
He will have to worry about Nick Bosa, Garrett again, and possibly 1-2 instances of TJ Watt (based on injury recovery timeline), so that pace may not be able to be sustained.

PFF has always loved them some Jonah though. He would get high grades even when he was leading the league in sacks given up.

Reply/Quote
For those who have always been curious how PFF grades...

"PFF grades each player's performance per play from -2 to 2 by half-point increments. The better, more well-executed and more impactful the player is on a given play, the higher they grade - and vice versa. A "0" grade would be the player performing as expected. For offensive linemen, an example of earning a play grade above "1" would be dominating your block, perhaps even finishing the defender to the ground, or blocking two defenders out of the play at the same time."
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: PFF has always loved them some Jonah though. He would get high grades even when he was leading the league in sacks given up.

Probably because he's a technician and does a lot of thing that PFF grades well.
And he could have a lot of really, really good snaps that help balance out the ones with pressure/sacks.
Compare that to Volson, who has been getting graded harshly his whole career, and those small(er) things I'm sure are affecting that grade negatively.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 04:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Chase highest on offense at elite 86.7.

For defense:
Hubbard, Dax Hill, Turner, and Pratt all in the 60's, which is solid.
Worst starters - BJ Hill (54.4 - mainly run defense), Wilson (52.5), Hilton (51.1), Scott (40.5)

Scott might already be getting replaced with Battle.

what about Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: PFF has always loved them some Jonah though. He would get high grades even when he was leading the league in sacks given up.

Yuuuup.

Orlando actually has a lower grade (60.5) this year than Jonah did (61.2) last year. Always reminds you that PFF is just one tool of many to use as a resource and should never be used as a single-source opinion creator. Doubly so if it is telling you something that is very contrary to your eyes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 07:03 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: what about Burrow?

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's time to pull the plug on the Smith as TE1. Volson ? I just don't know ? If he continues much longer at this level I hope they at least try something else.
Reply/Quote
Any rating on Myles Murphy?

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 09:30 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Any rating on Myles Murphy?

[Image: animal-house-zero-point-zero.gif]

Reply/Quote

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/myles-murphy/122154
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 06:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Jonah might have really helped his career shifting over to RT.

Ha - good dang point lol 
Reply/Quote
The thing about PFF is that we, as fans, focus on the splash plays. The ones they would rate +1 or better or -1 or worse. But most plays are gonna frade out +.5 to -.5. A guy who wins by a little most times but has a few big negative plays (Karras, Jonah) is going to rate higher than a guy who has less large negative plays, but has more neutral or slightly negative plays (Orlando Brown).
Reply/Quote
Is Volson really that bad at run blocking? I thought that was his main strength last year as a rookie so how why are is ratings so bad this year?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 09:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: animal-house-zero-point-zero.gif]

You have to be on the field for more than 11 plays a game to be rated by PFF I guess. But seriously the fact that Murphy can’t even do enough to see significant snaps is at the least a little troubling. I know that it is going to take time to get him where he needs to be but I honestly didn’t think it’d be this slow.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 11:59 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: You have to be on the field for more than 11 plays a game to be rated by PFF I guess. But seriously the fact that Murphy can’t even do enough to see significant snaps is at the least a little troubling. I know that it is going to take time to get him where he needs to be but I honestly didn’t think it’d be this slow.

Yeah, I know that PFF rates players higher the more snaps they take and right now the position is strong for us. And hey it is first year so I would just tell him make the best of his opportunities, learn the Bengals playbook inside and out, and spend time in the weight room. 

He isn't that far off from Felix Anadike-Uzomah who was drafted around the same time and has a 60.2 (thank you Isaac Curtis, I didn't realize non-subscribers could search players on PFF). 

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/felix-anudike-uzomah/122582

Reply/Quote