Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Top 25 O-Linemen features 2 Bengals
In what's been a horrible year for the Cincinnati Bengals offensive line, two of them are performing rather well...at least according to PFF.

PFF has Andrew Whitworth coming in at #5, 2nd-best OT.
Kevin Zeitler also makes the top 25 at #23, 8th best OG.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-offensive-linemen-this-season/?utm_content=bufferafcf1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Both are set to become FAs at the end of the season. Hopefully they are the top two priorities for re-signing, as the Bengals desperately need to get the OL back on track.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In what's been a horrible year for the Cincinnati Bengals offensive line, two of them are performing rather well...at least according to PFF.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-offensive-linemen-this-season/?utm_content=bufferafcf1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

Both are set to become FAs at the end of the season. Hopefully they are the top two priorities for re-signing, as the Bengals desperately need to get the OL back on track.

I don't know....but my gut says Zeitler takes precedence over Whit.  Not saying I don't want Whit back, but due to their age, Zeitler should take precedence. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 02:37 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I don't know....but my gut says Zeitler takes precedence over Whit.  Not saying I don't want Whit back, but due to their age, Zeitler should take precedence. 

agree for long term... but scary without whit on the left.

now if Z gets away... we do have guys like fisher or westerman(I think that his name) that could possibly work in that spot... But if we are hopefully breaking in a new center next season I would love for him to be surrounded by Z and B
Reply/Quote
PFF keeps track of some interesting stats, but their individual ranking systems are very flawed.

Personally I keep paying Whit whatever he wants to come back. LT is arguably the second most important position on an offense.
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about Whit leaving. I think he has a spot here as long as he wants and I also think that he will get 1-year deals until his career is over. Mike Brown is famous for taking care of guys like Whit.

The priority needs to be Zeitler and Dre. I really think Dre has turned into one of the better CBs in the league, not elite, but definitely not middle of the road.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 05:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not worried about Whit leaving.  I think he has a spot here as long as he wants and I also think that he will get 1-year deals until his career is over.  Mike Brown is famous for taking care of guys like Whit.

The priority needs to be Zeitler and Dre.  I really think Dre has turned into one of the better CBs in the league, not elite, but definitely not middle of the road.

Agree with this completely. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 05:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not worried about Whit leaving.  I think he has a spot here as long as he wants and I also think that he will get 1-year deals until his career is over.  Mike Brown is famous for taking care of guys like Whit.

The priority needs to be Zeitler and Dre.  I really think Dre has turned into one of the better CBs in the league, not elite, but definitely not middle of the road.

Dre?  i find this interesting.  I haven't seen any of the games so I don't have a personal opinion on him, but people have been bashing him on here all year.  Are they wrong?  Has he gotten better as the year has gone on?  I'm curious.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 05:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree with this completely. 

I second this. 

I hated on Dre more than anyone, but that dude has shown me something this year. He needs to be brought back. 

If we can sure up the O Line and get some more talent at linebacker and add to the defensive line rotation (dont forget about billings), then I think this team can get back on track. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: In what's been a horrible year for the Cincinnati Bengals offensive line, two of them are performing rather well...at least according to PFF.

Wow, surprised they have Zeitler over Boling who i believe has been much better this year.

To the guys saying we need to bring back Zeit, Jim O said something to the effect it was highly unlikely.

Westerman will most likely be the man at RG and i think he could be a real good one with a good O-line
coach to develop him up. He is a physical, versatile interior lineman.

Need to bring back Whit for sure, i thought he was falling off earlier but he has brought it the last 7 games or so.

I also agree with everyone about Dre, before the season i was for letting him go but he has played very well this
season and shut me up. He has not been beaten by the double move any i believe and has gotten back to picking
the ball off when it comes his way. Could of had another one against the Eagles. Has became our best Corner after
being our weakness last year. Major improvement.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 05:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I second this. 

I hated on Dre more than anyone, but that dude has shown me something this year. He needs to be brought back. 

If we can sure up the O Line and get some more talent at linebacker and add to the defensive line rotation (dont forget about billings), then I think this team can get back on track. 

Is there any irony in the fact it's a contract year? AND he's coming up and supporting the run? 

[Image: 200.gif#16]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 05:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: Dre?  i find this interesting.  I haven't seen any of the games so I don't have a personal opinion on him, but people have been bashing him on here all year.  Are they wrong?  Has he gotten better as the year has gone on?  I'm curious.

I've always been very outspoken on how I think Dre was a terrible draft pick (still is) BUT, he certainly has looked much better this year. Not great, but at the very least good. Still has a couple stupid plays that hurt the team here and there, but overall turned into a decent starting CB.

I'm hesitant because it took 5 years, and his contract year, for him to finally be a decent starter, and you always have to be cautious with guys who play better their contract year than they have ever played before... but that said, unless he wants stupid money, you probably need to look at re-signing him.

As for Zeitler, unless the rest of the league has had just a huge dropoff in guard play this year, I don't see how he's 8th. Bengals stopped contract conversation with him after DeCastro got that $10m/yr deal, so I think Zeitler is going to chase the money.

Whitworth is the priority over Zeitler. Don't know how Westerman will be, but there shouldn't be a huge dropoff from Zeitler, if any. Meanwhile, we KNOW how terrible Ogbuehi is, and that's who would be protecting Dalton's back if Whitworth leaves.

Whitworth + Westerman > Ogbuehi + Zeitler

And with how terrible Ogbuehi is, and how well Whit has continued playing, it's not even close.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I would like to resign both, I'm also hoping to see Westerman get in and get some snaps and hopefully we'll see growth from Fisher and Ced. Whit stated he wanted to come back next year, but Zeitler should be priority due to him being good and young.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I've always been very outspoken on how I think Dre was a terrible draft pick (still is) BUT, he certainly has looked much better this year. Not great, but at the very least good. Still has a couple stupid plays that hurt the team here and there, but overall turned into a decent starting CB.

I'm hesitant because it took 5 years, and his contract year, for him to finally be a decent starter, and you always have to be cautious with guys who play better their contract year than they have ever played before... but that said, unless he wants stupid money, you probably need to look at re-signing him.

As for Zeitler, unless the rest of the league has had just a huge dropoff in guard play this year, I don't see how he's 8th. Bengals stopped contract conversation with him after DeCastro got that $10m/yr deal, so I think Zeitler is going to chase the money.

Whitworth is the priority over Zeitler. Don't know how Westerman will be, but there shouldn't be a huge dropoff from Zeitler, if any. Meanwhile, we KNOW how terrible Ogbuehi is, and that's who would be protecting Dalton's back if Whitworth leaves.

And with how terrible Ogbuehi is, and how well Whit has continued playing, it's not even close.

The one thing I will say about Dre is that although it did take him a few years, he has been improving every year - plus I like the fact that he actually makes some big plays.  I've watched all the games this year,  and I can't really remember cussing him out that much.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 01:51 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The one thing I will say about Dre is that although it did take him a few years, he has been improving every year - plus I like the fact that he actually makes some big plays.  I've watched all the games this year,  and I can't really remember cussing him out that much.

I don't know if it is because he is playing between two below average players but Zeitler has had some real stinkers this season.

He is not worth top money for right guard, whatever that may be.

I don't see how they pay him more than what they paid Bolling
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 02:09 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I don't know if it is because he is playing between two below average players but Zeitler has had some real stinkers this season.

He is not worth top money for right guard, whatever that may be.

I don't see how they pay him more than what they paid Bolling

Me neither, plus Jim O pretty much confirmed it.

Doubt Zeit is back. Westerman most likely will be our RG next season and that is not necessarily a bad thing.

Especially if we get a new O-line coach.
Reply/Quote
Hammerstripes Wrote:I'm not worried about Whit leaving.  I think he has a spot here as long as he wants and I also think that he will get 1-year deals until his career is over.  Mike Brown is famous for taking care of guys like Whit.

Agreed on all this. I also think the priorities should be Zeitler and Dre, but I think the Bengals might let Zeitler walk if necessary in order to sign Dre. I would have said exactly the opposite at the beginning of this season. Dre's actions annoy me, but his play has drastically improved. Anyway, players should be who they are, and not how we want them to be.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2016, 02:22 PM)snowy Wrote: Agreed on all this. I also think the priorities should be Zeitler and Dre, but I think the Bengals might let Zeitler walk if necessary in order to sign Dre. I would have said exactly the opposite at the beginning of this season. Dre's actions annoy me, but his play has drastically improved. Anyway, players should be who they are, and not how we want them to be.

Dre is a higher priority than Zeitler

If there was a really good center available as a free agent this year I would rather pay that person instead of paying Zeitler something above Bolling.
Reply/Quote
I always found it weird that people put their faith into PFF........unless it's about a player they don't like or personally feel are struggling.

ProFootball Focus has taken a step back and no longer give you the stats nor in depth analysis they once did.

Remember how they said Dre Kirkpatrick was one of the absolute worst cornerbacks in the NFL last year? But had nothing to show for it besides penalty talk? They used to actually show completion percentage against a corner. How many TDs given up.

Now? Here's our numbers.

Also, if you follow any of the writers on twitter, they give halftime grades and stick to them. Meanwhile they boast about giving each game hours of research into it.

ProFootball Focus has fallen off as of late.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2016, 06:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I've always been very outspoken on how I think Dre was a terrible draft pick (still is) BUT, he certainly has looked much better this year. Not great, but at the very least good. Still has a couple stupid plays that hurt the team here and there, but overall turned into a decent starting CB.

I'm less worried about dre seeing Dennard WJIII sitting the bench as well (well Jackson hurt... dre lost his rookie season pretty much the same way)   took dre 5 years didn't really start till year 4 though minus 2 games in year 3.

but given our situation at CB I think dre has to be a high priority to return next season.
Reply/Quote
wolfkaosaun Wrote:...I always found it weird that people put their faith into PFF........unless it's about a player they don't like or personally feel are struggling...(snipped lots of good stuff for brevity)

Being as diplomatic as possible here...I don't put any faith in PFF. It might be a decent tool for the football folks' fantasies, but as a measure of real football? Not so much. I'd much rather trust my own observations. As I've said before, it's funny how some folks will quote PFF as gospel when it supports their particular axe to grind, and utterly ignore it when it doesn't.
Reply/Quote