Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF scores vs Detroit
(10-18-2021, 10:02 AM)jj22 Wrote: I thought he settled in as the game went on, but haven't re-watched yet. I am interested in PFF's Hendrickson grades (which was the point).

For what it’s worth Sewell was actually Detroit’s highest graded player on offense (yikes).

I agree he did settle in after the terrible start, but he also couldn’t have graded out that well in the run game either. They had like 30 yards on the ground. Seems high to me, but Jonah was even higher, and he gave up a season high 4 pressures. So who knows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I just don't know about PFF some (most of the) time. I didn't think he should have graded that high. They clearly don't think of holding as a negative. From what I saw there was a lot of that from him on Hendrickson.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:12 AM)jj22 Wrote: I just don't know about PFF some (most of the) time. I didn't think he should have graded that high. They clearly don't think of holding as a negative. From what I saw there was a lot of that from him on Hendrickson.

This 100%!  On the second or third play of the game for the Lions, Sewell had a choke hold on Hendrickson, and nothing was called. I saw this a few times during the game...the refs must have figured why prolong the game with penalties or something.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:17 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: This 100%!  On the second or third play of the game for the Lions, Sewell had a choke hold on Hendrickson, and nothing was called. I saw this a few times during the game...the refs must have figured why prolong the game with penalties or something.

I thought this was pretty funny…

Reply/Quote
PFF Week 6 Blocking Grades

Jonah Williams
Run Blocking = 81.0
Pass Blocking = 59.8
3 QB Pressures Allowed
3 QB Hurries Allowed
0 Sacks Allowed
0 Penalties

Quinton Spain
Run Blocking = 87.1
Pass Blocking = 79.2
1 QB Pressure Allowed
1 QB Hurry Allowed
0 Sacks Allowed
0 Penalties

Trey Hopkins
Run Blocking = 52.1
Pass Blocking = 59.6
0 QB Pressures Allowed
0 QB Hurries Allowed
0 Sacks Allowed
0 Penalties

Jackson Carman
Run Blocking = 90.3
Pass Blocking = 63.0
1 QB Pressure Allowed
1 QB Hurry Allowed
0 Sacks Allowed
0 Penalties

Riley Reiff
Run Blocking = 66.0
Pass Blocking = 29.8
2 QB Pressures Allowed
1 QB Hurry Allowed
1 Sack Allowed
1 Penalty

Trey Hill
Run Blocking = 70.0
Pass Blocking = 67.1
0 QB Pressures Allowed
0 QB Hurries Allowed
0 Sacks Allowed
2 Penalties

Isaiah Prince
Run Blocking = 83.9
Pass Blocking = 71.3
0 QB Pressures Allowed
0 QB Hurries Allowed
0 Sacks Allowed
0 Penalties

Drew Sample
31 total snaps (22 run, 9 pass)
Run Blocking = 55.7
Pass Blocking = 76.0

CJ Uzomah
20 total snaps (17 run, 3 pass)
Run Blocking = 53.0
Pass Blocking = 71.0

Joe Mixon
7 PBLK Snaps
Pass Blocking = 83.9

Chris Evans
3 PBLK Snaps
Pass Blocking = 80.0

I know Carman only played a portion of the snaps, but that run blocking grade is well deserved, imo. He was opening up some really nice holes for Mixon when he was in there.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:27 AM)pally Wrote:

He’s going to be a fan favorite. Gio 2.0, indeed.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:45 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Awuzie is a star. What an incredible signing.

*Awuzie and Hendrickson and Reader

Seriously - great FA signings the past couple of years by this organization. I'm so glad Awuzie is on a 3 year deal as well.

Glad this FO is finally getting it. You can ACTUALLY bring guys in that you don't draft to help your team.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Idk who’s been a bigger surprise so far, Spain or Awuzie? I thought both would be solid, but nothing like this.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
[Image: cs9vu7syt7u71.jpg]

Reply/Quote
[Image: k2ymsuzv58u71.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Spain is throwing a wrench in the plans for a youth movement to take over in 2022.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For what it’s worth Sewell was actually Detroit’s highest graded player on offense (yikes).

I agree he did settle in after the terrible start, but he also couldn’t have graded out that well in the run game either. They had like 30 yards on the ground. Seems high to me, but Jonah was even higher, and he gave up a season high 4 pressures. So who knows.

This to me shows how biased PFF is. There's no way you could watch that game and give Sewell that high of a grade. He did improve some as the game went on but he was dominated in the first half. He had holding calls on him and should have had numerous other ones. 

You would think having to hold (but it not getting called) would also count against a player if they're going to count a player being on the ground too much or getting beat but it being a positive play against them. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder what more PFF wants from Mixon.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what more PFF wants from Mixon.

I don’t remember any whiffs in his pass blocking yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder what more PFF wants from Mixon.

The more I look at similar players around the league and how they are graded I'm convinced there isn't a set negative or positive grade per play. I think the grader has alot to do with the numbers we see and some of them are harsher than others.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I also find the grade for Sewell laughable when both Bengals and Lions fans/writers noticed he got dominated all day and they had to help him with a RB/TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: Spain is throwing a wrench in the plans for a youth movement to take over in 2022.

Spain is just nasty. Pretty sure he got in a scrap with Shelvin in the PS and I've seen him come to Burrow's defense after a player has hit/sacked him.

There was a run play yesterday where Spain was lead blocking and took out a guy who fell on top of him. Spain push him up and off him with aggression.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I’d like to see them sign Spain to a 3-4 year deal. He’s going to get paid this time, but we know he can excel in Pollack’s scheme, and he’s only 30.

Reply/Quote