Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF scores vs Detroit
(10-20-2021, 10:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Still think that's bee D'Ante's job, come next year (unless the re-sign Reiff for 2-3 years, which is also possible).

Hard to say anything regarding D'Ante Smith, as he's played 0 snaps.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hard to say anything regarding D'Ante Smith, as he's played 0 snaps.

Absolutely true.

And wow, did my swiping on my phone suck lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm amazed how BJ Hill is almost always equal or higher than Larry O. What a trade that was. To get a player of that caliber straight up for Billy Price, are you kidding me? People have to give credit to the staff for pulling this one off. And was Hill always this player, or are Hobby and Sweet Lou jump starting his career? I know they revived Larry O by putting him back at 3T where he belongs. And although I don't follow the Cowboys, I don't think Awuzie was the player there he is here either. Now Hilton was always Hilton.

No doubt.  I like the fact that Hill and Pratt were college roommates as well.  

Larry to 3T made a ton of sense, and I am flat out amazed that Awuzie wasn't better at the Cowboys.  I remember one guy from Dallas referred to him as a guy that "had a lot of speed, and would be right there, but rarely made a lot of plays on the ball" and then Mo Egger said "So, a lot like WJIII?", and he wasn't trying to be funny.

Awuzie buries WJIII.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh yes. I did not look at the pass vs run distribution for those.
That would make more sense for him then given Ohio St's offense was more run-oriented when he was there.
It'd be really nice if he could develop enough to take over after Reiff leaves, solidifying the RT spot.

Wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world.  I know we were all looking to Carman as the RG of the future and Smith came in very strong, but has had unfortunate setbacks with injury.

I heard today that Adeniji is being activated and has 21 days to start practicing with the team (or something like that).  Would be nice to see him a bit as well.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am flat out amazed that Awuzie wasn't better at the Cowboys.  I remember one guy from Dallas referred to him as a guy that "had a lot of speed, and would be right there, but rarely made a lot of plays on the ball" and then Mo Egger said "So, a lot like WJIII?", and he wasn't trying to be funny.

Awuzie buries WJIII.  

Artrell Hawkins had the tightest coverage that I have ever seen of a CB that consistently did nothing. He obviously never talked to or paid attention to one of the best CBs in Bengals history, Louis Breeden . . . paraphrasing LB here . . . "When the ball is in the air, it instantly becomes your biggest enemy or threat. If you can eliminate that, the man you are covering becomes irrelevant to the rest of the play". It often looked like Artrell played like he thought that batting or tipping a ball away before it hit the receivers hands was considered "pass interference". A rare miss in the 2nd round by the Bengals. For those of you fortunate enough to be too young to remember him playing, imagine a less effective or poor man's Dre Kirkpatrick.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Ogunjobi and Awuzie come across as examples of players originally in systems/positions that were not a good fit but are now in better fits.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:28 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Artrell Hawkins had the tightest coverage that I have ever seen of a CB that consistently did nothing. He obviously never talked to or paid attention to one of the best CBs in Bengals history, Louis Breeden . . . paraphrasing LB here . . . "When the ball is in the air, it instantly becomes your biggest enemy or threat. If you can eliminate that, the man you are covering becomes irrelevant to the rest of the play". It often looked like Artrell played like he thought that batting or tipping a ball away before it hit the receivers hands was considered "pass interference". A rare miss in the 2nd round by the Bengals. For those of you fortunate enough to be too young to remember him playing, imagine a less effective or poor man's Dre Kirkpatrick.

Yep.  Remember "Third and Artrell well".  

I think the absolute most shut down corner I have ever seen in person in stripes was Deltha O'Neil.  That guy absolutely shut guys down and if they tested him, even once, he would pick the ball off.  It was wasted on a poor team, but man that guy was sick. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:52 AM)Joelist Wrote: Ogunjobi and Awuzie come across as examples of players originally in systems/positions that were not a good fit but are now in better fits.

Definitely the case with Ogunjobi. I picked him as my “breakout player” before the season, and while he’s being overshadowed by guys like Wilson and Awuzie, he’s been so much better at 3T. The Browns should have never moved him to NT.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: For what it’s worth Sewell was actually Detroit’s highest graded player on offense (yikes).

I agree he did settle in after the terrible start, but he also couldn’t have graded out that well in the run game either. They had like 30 yards on the ground. Seems high to me, but Jonah was even higher, and he gave up a season high 4 pressures. So who knows.

PFF is losing me (in the music?) if they keep this shit up.  The only people that Sewell slowed all day were the backups. How the hell he graded a 74 is beyond me.  
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  Remember "Third and Artrell well".  

I think the absolute most shut down corner I have ever seen in person in stripes was Deltha O'Neil.  That guy absolutely shut guys down and if they tested him, even once, he would pick the ball off.  It was wasted on a poor team, but man that guy was sick. 

Remember him as well.  His tackle numbers always looked good on paper because he was thrown at so often.   Loved the Deltha signing, but I think Joseph was a bit better.  Both were very good though, with O'Neil being a bit more of a gambler/big play guy. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yep.  Remember "Third and Artrell well".  

Torry wasn't bad either at that time. We had good corners but shitty Safeties, a shitty DL besides Justin Smith and shitty LB's
besides Brian Simmons and Takeo Spikes.

(10-21-2021, 03:24 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: PFF is losing me (in the music?) if they keep this shit up.  The only people that Sewell slowed all day were the backups. How the hell he graded a 74 is beyond me.  

No doubt brother, Sewell was beaten like a drum by Hendrickson and even Ray our backup End.

His grade should be in the 40's at best.
Reply/Quote
I find it hard to give PFF any credibility anymore.
And Andrew "Baby Hawk" Hawkins was definitely better than his older brother at footballing.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 04:16 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Remember him as well.  His tackle numbers always looked good on paper because he was thrown at so often.   Loved the Deltha signing, but I think Joseph was a bit better.  Both were very good though, with O'Neil being a bit more of a gambler/big play guy. 

In his prime, Oneil was insane.  I think he had a 10 INT season and that was when no one would target him.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2021, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I find it hard to give PFF any credibility anymore.
And Andrew "Baby Hawk" Hawkins was definitely better than his older brother at footballing.

lol no he wasn't.

Both were solid contributors, not superstars.

Artrell played during a horrid stretch, so people only see the negative out of that era.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2021, 08:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol no he wasn't.

Both were solid contributors, not superstars.

Artrell played during a horrid stretch, so people only see the negative out of that era.

Exactly, one simply does not start at CB in the NFL for 9 seasons, and achieve 18 takeaways by not being good at football.  His 102 yard, "coast to coast" INT return for TD was a bright spot in a dismal era for the Bengals.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 03:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Spain is just nasty. Pretty sure he got in a scrap with Shelvin in the PS and I've seen him come to Burrow's defense after a player has hit/sacked him.

There was a run play yesterday where Spain was lead blocking and took out a guy who fell on top of him. Spain push him up and off him with aggression.

Unfortunately, I had to listen to the 2nd half as I was travelling. But Laps  commented on a play where Chase got tackled and the Ravens were slow to get off him. Said my man QS hustled down to regulate. Dude is quickly becoming a bfine fav. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 08:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unfortunately, I had to listen to the 2nd half as I was travelling. But Laps  commented on a play where Chase got tackled and the Ravens were slow to get off him. Said my man QS hustled down to regulate. Dude is quickly becoming a bfine fav. 

Saw some nasty blocking from Hopkins and Carman on those last 2 TD runs too.

Liking this interior and Jonah. Reiff has had some struggles but is good in his own right.

Our OL is getting better, but need to allow less pressures.
Reply/Quote