Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF scores vs Detroit
(10-18-2021, 10:01 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: I heard the symptoms of that type of food poisoning are: palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

Other symptoms include: losing yourself in the music

I will see myself out  Ninja

Thats an HOF post right there
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: *Awuzie and Hendrickson and Reader

Seriously - great FA signings the past couple of years by this organization. I'm so glad Awuzie is on a 3 year deal as well.

Glad this FO is finally getting it. You can ACTUALLY bring guys in that you don't draft to help your team.

Me too

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Thought Chase's score should have been higher per his block on Mixon's TD alone

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
A few things:

Isaiah Prince has caught some flack over the years both here and at Ohio State for being penalty-prone. I wonder if he's turning a corner. It would be some serious found money if they could make a good starting RT out of him.

Taylor has done one major thing that you need to do to build a team: He's hit big on all 3 of his first rounders. Jonah, Joey B, and Chase are looking like cornerstone players for this team that are just getting started. His last 2 drafts have been absolute money to this point. I don't love his play calling, but his roster building is looking to be nothing short of excellent.

Reiff had a rough game. Looking at Spain's play and Carman's potential, plus the settling in of Hill to possibly replace Trey at some point, it's easy to imagine that RT will be the OL position of need sooner than later. Add Reiff's price tag, and this seems even more likely.
Reply/Quote
Golf clap to Eli Apple. Folks want him the be Deon Sanders but he is what he is
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Golf clap to Eli Apple. Folks want him the be Deon Sanders but he is what he is

At least he's not LeShaun Sims or some of the other guys they were running out there last year.
Reply/Quote
Impressive numbers, but agree with another poster that our highest rated dude should be Trey Hendrickson or Logan Wilson.

Those dudes are studs and that TFF for Hubbard was extremely impressive and was as good as a Sack.

Love seeing Prince grow with not many snaps, Spain played well, Hill had a rough day with a couple penalties but it is expected
with it being his first real game in the pros. Carman will be a stud, get well man, food poisoning sucks.

Chase and Mixon had a day, so much good to go around.
Reply/Quote
NFL guy was on 97.1 the fan today talking about the Bengals and Browns. Mentioned trade targets for the Bengals and had us going after the Patriots center. Ted Karras is the player he mentioned. Listed as a C/G.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:57 PM)samhain Wrote: A few things:

Isaiah Prince has caught some flack over the years both here and at Ohio State for being penalty-prone.  I wonder if he's turning a corner.  It would be some serious found money if they could make a good starting RT out of him.  

Taylor has done one major thing that you need to do to build a team: He's hit big on all 3 of his first rounders.  Jonah, Joey B, and Chase are looking like cornerstone players for this team that are just getting started.  His last 2 drafts have been absolute money to this point.  I don't love his play calling, but his roster building is looking to be nothing short of excellent.  

Reiff had a rough game.  Looking at Spain's play and Carman's potential, plus the settling in of Hill to possibly replace Trey at some point, it's easy to imagine that RT will be the OL position of need sooner than later.  Add Reiff's price tag, and this seems even more likely.

Don't forget Adeniji when he heals. We have a couple of RT's in the wings. If there's a good one in the draft, take him, but we don't need to reach
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 09:41 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't forget Adeniji when he heals. We have a couple of RT's in the wings. If there's a good one in the draft, take him, but we don't need to reach

Between Adeniji, Prince, and Smith, maybe they can find something special.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I was skeptical of Prince as well.
I'm surprised he's playing well, but he's only played 36 snaps.
It's hard to tell how well he'd do if he got more action.

They were almost all run blocking snaps, which has been where he has been asked to perform and has done VERY well.  A real find thus far.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Before the defense brought in the backups, and especially at the halfway point of the game, the Lions had something like 60 yards of total offense and a ridiculous 1.8 yards per play.  
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2021, 08:52 PM)samhain Wrote: Between Adeniji, Prince, and Smith, maybe they can find something special.

RIght, I'm hoping at least 1 of the 3 takes this time while we have Reiff to improve and take that spot for the long term.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 08:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Before the defense brought in the backups, and especially at the halfway point of the game, the Lions had something like 60 yards of total offense and a ridiculous 1.8 yards per play.  

I'm amazed how BJ Hill is almost always equal or higher than Larry O. What a trade that was. To get a player of that caliber straight up for Billy Price, are you kidding me? People have to give credit to the staff for pulling this one off. And was Hill always this player, or are Hobby and Sweet Lou jump starting his career? I know they revived Larry O by putting him back at 3T where he belongs. And although I don't follow the Cowboys, I don't think Awuzie was the player there he is here either. Now Hilton was always Hilton.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm amazed how BJ Hill is almost always equal or higher than Larry O. What a trade that was. To get a player of that caliber straight up for Billy Price, are you kidding me? People have to give credit to the staff for pulling this one off. And was Hill always this player, or are Hobby and Sweet Lou jump starting his career? I know they revived Larry O by putting him back at 3T where he belongs. And although I don't follow the Cowboys, I don't think Awuzie was the player there he is here either. Now Hilton was always Hilton.

But. But..But..

I can hear the negative Nancy's rebuttal now. They will either say it is about time they figured it out or tell us how bad they were in the past.  Ninja

The Brngals are doing well because they hit in the draft and FA. Many said their off season was bad, early on it appears they were dead wrong. 

I ams ure they will admit it in the coming days and weeks or they are just hoping the Ravens beat us badly Sunday so they can dismiss our 4-2 record. Whatever
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They were almost all run blocking snaps, which has been where he has been asked to perform and has done VERY well.  A real find thus far.  

Ahh yes. I did not look at the pass vs run distribution for those.
That would make more sense for him then given Ohio St's offense was more run-oriented when he was there.
It'd be really nice if he could develop enough to take over after Reiff leaves, solidifying the RT spot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 10:17 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh yes. I did not look at the pass vs run distribution for those.
That would make more sense for him then given Ohio St's offense was more run-oriented when he was there.
It'd be really nice if he could develop enough to take over after Reiff leaves, solidifying the RT spot.

Still think that's bee D'Ante's job, come next year (unless the re-sign Reiff for 2-3 years, which is also possible).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 09:59 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Diggs having like 37 INT’s probably takes some of the sting out…

Yeah that dude is the truth. His hands are as good as his brother's.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 08:46 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm amazed how BJ Hill is almost always equal or higher than Larry O. What a trade that was. To get a player of that caliber straight up for Billy Price, are you kidding me? People have to give credit to the staff for pulling this one off. And was Hill always this player, or are Hobby and Sweet Lou jump starting his career? I know they revived Larry O by putting him back at 3T where he belongs. And although I don't follow the Cowboys, I don't think Awuzie was the player there he is here either. Now Hilton was always Hilton.

Awuzie was just inconsistent in Dallas... But you're right he's blossomed here early on.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
At least they didn't sign guys off the scrap heap after they're best playing days are long gone again.. Price was always a potential Joe broken leg in the making so trading him for Hill was a godsend to the Bengals and whoever made the trade in NY should be unemployed right now unless it was the team owner.. My guess is someone in Bengals org got the guy good n drunk, sent in some ho's with a camera and made him make that trade.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote