Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS UN Speech
I caught the rocket man comment in the back ground and thought, "Jesus ***** Christ."

That's beneath the dignity of the office.

I wonder what John Kelly was thinking?

[Image: 36a5a69a582a09cd9083da3f881240c3]
(09-20-2017, 01:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I caught the rocket man comment in the back ground and thought, "Jesus ***** Christ."

"No one realizes I am the only one holding all of this together" 

It's easy for him to sound "good" when he reads a speech written by people far more qualified than him. Then he goes off scripts and calls Kim "rocket man" and says the US might have to completely destroy the country, which should be a shocking thing to hear from any American, no matter the party. While no one is going to feel sorry for Kim, there are tens of millions of starving and brainwashed civilians in that country that do not deserve death.

The White House played it down, tweeting out a quote from Obama last year “We could, obviously, destroy North Korea with our arsenals” which of course is out of context. Obama was making the case of why we SHOULDN'T go that route, saying "But aside from the humanitarian costs of that, they are right next door to our vital ally, Republic of Korea"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-20-2017, 01:40 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I caught the rocket man comment in the back ground and thought, "Jesus ***** Christ."

Someone of the radio this morning said "You know he had to practice the speech, right?  At what point did he tell the speech writer that he wanted to say "rocket man"?"

Things like that are makes him a laughingstock no matter whatever else he does.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-20-2017, 01:39 AM)hollodero Wrote: Fair enough. I just mentioned it because of the stage. He's talking to the world, after all.

I also don't think the speech particularly helps the US with anything, but that's a different story.

And he spoke to the world as the United States president. The UN is worthless anyway.

Trump is better for the spread of human rights around the world than obama ever was.... a stronger US is better for human rights.

Which is funny why the leftists are going so crazy over this speech.
And the rocket man comment was hilarious.
(09-20-2017, 09:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the rocket man comment was hilarious.

Funny or not...it was unpresidential and does nothing to forward a solution to the problem.
(09-20-2017, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Funny or not...it was unpresidential and does nothing to forward a solution to the problem.

Not calling him rocket man hasn't been doing anything to forward a solution either.
(09-20-2017, 09:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not calling him rocket man hasn't been doing anything to forward a solution either.

lol, Im just imagining this asinine comment in a context that isn't "a guy with the capability of killing millions". 

Guy 1:My wife and I got in a fight and I called her *****. It was hilarious.
Guy2: Funny or not, it does nothing to forward a solution to the problem
Guy 1:Not calling her a ***** hasn't been doing anything to forward a solution either. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-20-2017, 09:54 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Not calling him rocket man hasn't been doing anything to forward a solution either.

Mellow

Perhaps he can thumb his nose too.  No one tried that yet either.

Maybe a wedgie?
(09-20-2017, 09:37 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the rocket man comment was hilarious.

It was hilarious. For all the wrong reasons. It's because he is a laughingstock.
Trump's nicknames are stupid, although they certainly helped get him elected. I don't get why it bothers anyone though, the guy is who he is, he's no different then he was when he was elected.
(09-20-2017, 11:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump's nicknames are stupid, although they certainly helped get him elected.  I don't get why it bothers anyone though, the guy is who he is, he's no different then he was when he was elected.

Because he's not (supposed to be) running for office when giving a speech to the UN?

Where are all the folks who said he'd start acting differently when he was elected?  Who were willing to overlook his acting stupid because he was just doing it to get votes?

Oh right...they're out there saying there's nothing wrong with what he does because that's way he always was.   Smirk
(09-20-2017, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because he's not (supposed to be) running for office when giving a speech to the UN?

Where are all the folks who said he'd start acting differently when he was elected?  Who were willing to overlook his acting stupid because he was just doing it to get votes?

Oh right...they're out there saying there's nothing wrong with what he does because that's way he always was.   Smirk

Great, but you didn't address my point.  Why do you care if he says "rocket man"?
(09-20-2017, 01:39 AM)hollodero Wrote: Fair enough. I just mentioned it because of the stage. He's talking to the world, after all.

I also don't think the speech particularly helps the US with anything, but that's a different story.

LOL who cares if it doesn't help the US with anything? Very important to let the world know we don't care what they think and don't need their help. America first. Amerika ueber alles!!
(09-20-2017, 11:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump's nicknames are stupid, although they certainly helped get him elected.  I don't get why it bothers anyone though, the guy is who he is, he's no different then he was when he was elected.

Doesn't bother me if the leader of the world's most powerful military--currently in a political conflict with a nuclear power which could go hot any day now if not diffused by diplomacy--childishly insults the autocratic leader of that nuclear power before the entire world. 

I wonder if parents of US troops stationed in South Korea were laughing.
I think our "war games" have been far more damaging then anything Trump has said to North Korea.
(09-20-2017, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: Because he's not (supposed to be) running for office when giving a speech to the UN?

(09-20-2017, 11:59 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Great, but you didn't address my point.  Why do you care if he says "rocket man"?

Mellow

Or. like I said before the question was raised:

(09-20-2017, 09:44 AM)GMDino Wrote: Funny or not...it was unpresidential and does nothing to forward a solution to the problem.

ThumbsUp
(09-20-2017, 11:41 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Trump's nicknames are stupid, although they certainly helped get him elected. I don't get why it bothers anyone though, the guy is who he is, he's no different then he was when he was elected.

Does it bother you when criminals commit crimes?
(09-20-2017, 12:15 PM)Dill Wrote: Doesn't bother me if the leader of the world's most powerful military--currently in a political conflict with a nuclear power which could go hot any day now if not diffused by diplomacy--childishly insults the autocratic leader of that nuclear power before the entire world. 

Cool, got it.  If the DPRK launches an attack on anyone in the next few weeks it will be Trump's fault.

(09-20-2017, 12:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

Or. like I said before the question was raised:

ThumbsUp

So, it's your opinion on how a President should act and speak that he is violating.  Cool, got it.

(09-20-2017, 01:02 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Does it bother you when criminals commit crimes?

Congratulations, you won the award for the most facile analogy of the day.