Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS to blame for "War on Police"
...or so says Sheriff David Clarke:

Quote:I said last December that war had been declared on the American police officer, led by some high-profile people, one of them coming out of the White House, one coming out of the United States Department of Justice, and it’s open season right now, there’s no doubt about it.”....

Also not a fan of the Black Lives Matter movement

Quote:“I’m tired of hearing people call these black activists. They’re not black activists, this is black slime and it needs to be eradicated from the American society and culture.... I need ever law-abiding person in the United States of America to stand up and start pushing back against this slime, this filth, that’s disparaging the American law enforcement officer within these communities. When these ugly people come out and start this and start talking on social media, to push back against it and demand people that belong to these organizations get out of their town. There’s no room for it.

Look, the American police officer’s holding these communities together and we need the support of the people we defend every day in order to get that done. God Bless the Harris County Sheriff’s office.”
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm looking forward to Obama's comments on this murder, as well as who from the WH will be attending the funeral. Don't anyone hold their breath.
(08-30-2015, 06:39 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm looking forward to Obama's comments on this murder, as well as who from the WH will be attending the funeral.  Don't anyone hold their breath.

Oh, rather than coming out and condemning racial violence like he has in numerous other cases, Obama took to the airwaves before the bodies turned cold and blamed guns. 
(08-30-2015, 07:21 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Oh, rather than coming out and condemning racial violence like he has in numerous other cases, Obama took to the airwaves before the bodies turned cold and blamed guns. 

Oh, so this isn't once of those cases where its just one crazy guy with a gun , or where we have to wait of facts and investigations?  We can just say it was because the President wants black people to shoot cops?  And race is DEFINITELY a factor?

Cool.

Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-30-2015, 07:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, so this isn't once of those cases where its just one crazy guy with a gun , or where we have to wait of facts and investigations?  We can just say it was because the President wants black people to shoot cops?  And race is DEFINITELY a factor?

Yes, I'd say that race was definitely a factor.

The difference in this case is that Obama didn't mention race, like he has in every instance that he's spoke of with a black victim.  He blamed guns. 

He's a race-baiter.  Why anyone would deny this or be surprised by this makes no sense to me.  He was a community organizer, which was pretty much his only accomplishment before politics. 
If Obama had a son, he wouldn't look like a white cop

(08-30-2015, 08:19 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yes, I'd say that race was definitely a factor.

The difference in this case is that Obama didn't mention race, like he has in every instance that he's spoke of with a black victim.  He blamed guns. 

He's a race-baiter.  Why anyone would deny this or be surprised by this makes no sense to me.  He was a community organizer, which was pretty much his only accomplishment before politics. 

B...b....bb....bbutt.....

[Image: obama-nobel-prize-mainpic.jpg]
(08-30-2015, 07:38 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, so this isn't once of those cases where its just one crazy guy with a gun , or where we have to wait of facts and investigations?  We can just say it was because the President wants black people to shoot cops?  And race is DEFINITELY a factor?

Cool.

Rolleyes

I'm content to wait for "all of the facts" to come out.  Although, I'm doubtful that they are going to reveal anything other than what has already been shown on the news.  Basically, one unstable gay black man with an axe to grind.  Why is it so hard for our Nation's leaders to acknowledge that the person committed the crime, not the gun?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2015, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why is it so hard for our Nation's leaders to acknowledge that the person committed the crime, not the gun?

Never let a crisis go to waste.  
(08-30-2015, 09:33 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Never let a crisis go to waste.  

Why waste that crisis crying about gun control, when they could use it as energy spent bringing back asylums?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-30-2015, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why waste that crisis crying about gun control, when they could use it as energy spent bringing back asylums?

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me what "common sense gun laws" are and how any of them proposed would prevent any of these tragedies. 
(08-30-2015, 08:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm content to wait for "all of the facts" to come out.  Although, I'm doubtful that they are going to reveal anything other than what has already been shown on the news.  Basically, one unstable gay black man with an axe to grind.  Why is it so hard for our Nation's leaders to acknowledge that the person committed the crime, not the gun?

I think you might be confusing this with the Virginia shooting.

This is about a white cop that was gunned down in Houston for apparently being a white cop

(08-30-2015, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is about a white cop that was gunned down in Houston for apparently being a white cop

..and protests such as this:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/30/black-lives-matter-activists-chant-pigs-in-a-blanket-after-cop-murder/

"Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like bacon"

Obama isn't to blame for the current climate. It's not the statistically insignificant number of effed up police. It's not even the thugs that attacked police and ended up getting killed.

It's two things; An outright refusal to even consider that part of this problem is internal and not external. This is coupled with a media that is increasingly panicked and click bait driven. Journalism has become a sad reflection of its formal self.
(08-30-2015, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you might be confusing this with the Virginia shooting.

This is about a white cop that was gunned down in Houston for apparently being a white cop

Correct, I did get them confused.

(08-30-2015, 10:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and protests such as this:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/30/black-lives-matter-activists-chant-pigs-in-a-blanket-after-cop-murder/

"Pigs in a blanket, fry 'em like  bacon"

While I agree with SSF, that the media plays the largest role in fanning the flames of hatred in recent years, Obama has done nothing to be a calming influence on the situation. 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-31-2015, 07:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I agree with SSF, that the media plays the largest role in fanning the flames of hatred in recent years, Obama has done nothing to be a calming influence on the situation. 
I agree that media tries to fan the flames at every opportunity; but, it is absolutely absurd to blame the media. We have groups such as Black Lives Matter advocating killing LEOs and hi-jacking political forums. I'm sure if the President would speak out against such actions the media would cover it, just as they did Sheriff Clarke's comments in the OP.

If it's not race baiting then the obama's want nothing to do with it

They have proven this time and time again. He is the most divisive president of the modern era.
So the shooter is crazy, spent several months in psychiatric hospital in 2012.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55e5293ce4b0aec9f3545d96

Also notice Obama's comments for those not holding their breath:

"President Barack Obama on Monday said targeting police is completely unacceptable and "an affront to civilized society." Obama spoke with Goforth's wife, Kathleen, conveying his condolences and telling her he will keep highlighting the uncommon bravery of police officers."
(08-30-2015, 06:39 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I'm looking forward to Obama's comments on this murder, as well as who from the WH will be attending the funeral.  Don't anyone hold their breath.

(08-30-2015, 07:21 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Oh, rather than coming out and condemning racial violence like he has in numerous other cases, Obama took to the airwaves before the bodies turned cold and blamed guns. 

(08-30-2015, 08:19 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Yes, I'd say that race was definitely a factor.

(08-30-2015, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Obama had a son, he wouldn't look like a white cop

(08-30-2015, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you might be confusing this with the Virginia shooting.

(08-31-2015, 07:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Correct, I did get them confused.

While I agree with SSF, that the media plays the largest role in fanning the flames of hatred in recent years, Obama has done nothing to be a calming influence on the situation. 

(08-31-2015, 11:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree that media tries to fan the flames at every opportunity; but, it is absolutely absurd to blame the media. We have groups such as Black Lives Matter advocating killing LEOs and hi-jacking political forums. I'm sure if the President would speak out against such actions the media would cover it, just as they did Sheriff Clarke's comments in the OP.

(09-01-2015, 02:02 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If it's not race baiting then the obama's want nothing to do with it

They have proven this time and time again.   He is the most divisive president of the modern era.

(09-01-2015, 04:17 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: So the shooter is crazy, spent several months in psychiatric hospital in 2012.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/55e5293ce4b0aec9f3545d96

Also notice Obama's comments for those not holding their breath:

"President Barack Obama on Monday said targeting police is completely unacceptable and "an affront to civilized society." Obama spoke with Goforth's wife, Kathleen, conveying his condolences and telling her he will keep highlighting the uncommon bravery of police officers."

Just to be clear:  If the President mentions the victim being black and tell the community they will look into it...he's race baiting.  If he DOESN'T mention the race of the WHITE victim he he race baiting.

Could it be that by mentioning a black victim, and understanding that that group of Americans tend to feel put down by the police, and saying that they will do everything within their power to investigate and make sure justice is served he *IS* trying to calm the situation?  Or do you want full on "Angry Obama" telling them uppity blacks to stop burning shit?

I suppose saying "targeting police is completely unacceptable and "an affront to civilized society" just isn't the same as blaming black people for killing white people.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-01-2015, 08:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just to be clear:  If the President mentions the victim being black and tell the community they will look into it...he's race baiting.  If he DOESN'T mention the race of the WHITE victim he he race baiting.

Could it be that by mentioning a black victim, and understanding that that group of Americans tend to feel put down by the police, and saying that they will do everything within their power to investigate and make sure justice is served he *IS* trying to calm the situation?  Or do you want full on "Angry Obama" telling them uppity blacks to stop burning shit?

He has very often interjected himself into various matters with an alleged black victim, more often than not before any facts or evidence came forth, which I would say is both unprofessional (especially for a person with a law degree) and shows a bias that a person elected to the highest office in the land should not be so often displaying.