Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON WRAP - Pros and Cons
Lets start with the things I am concerned about and then the positives.

{CONCERNS}

1. Andy Dalton - This is always a topic of debate, but what isn't up for debate is the inconsistency in play especially in tough games. I have to list him as my number 1 concern going into the season because the season hinges on him playing well. That said he has flashed and looked good with more tools available to him, but in the end of the day he makes me very nervous.

2. Offensive Line Backups - The Offensive Line has shown well when we had our 5 starters in, but as soon as one of those guys dropped out it goes to hell. This may be something that improves as the season goes on and hopefully Fischer develops as a rook, but guys like Winston and other veteran backups just looked absolutely terrible.

3. Tight Ends and Receivers staying healthy - This is another group that is very thin and was exposed last year when injuries caught up to us int he playoffs. We simply cannot afford to lose guys like Eifert and Jones on this offense.

4. Kick returns as special teams - Missed blocking assignment on a punt and no real flash in the return department is a concern.

5. Peko - This guy just looks old and useless. Somehow he played a Jedi Mind trick on the staff and players because they love this guy and make bad business decisions keeping him around. This guy has about as much chance of making a good play this year as he does of getting cut which is an absolute zero. That said we have rotational guys that will play and prop this old war horse up.

{POSITIVES}

1. Linebackers - I figured I would start with the one that most Bengal fans will probably debate. Our Linebackers are better this year than last year because of the arrival of three men..... Hawk, Dawson, and Carter. Many people believed when we picked up Hawk that it was another aged player that wouldn't bring much to the team and I couldn't sing enough praises about this guy. He wants to be part of this team, he comes from a high caliber team, and he was released because of injury and cap rather than decline in skill. Historically he isn't a injury prone guy and if you look at his stats he didn't fall off a cliff. I love what he does in the run game and while he isn't going to be a pass rushing Linebacker we have guys like Dawson, Carter, and Burfict. Dawson is developing nicely and I can't wait to see how the season goes for him. The real gem in the bunch is Chris Carter who has shown he can play standing up and with his hand down. The guy plays like a Steeler with great intensity and effort every time he lines up. MARK MY WORDS if Chris Carter keeps developing like he did this year he will be a pro bowl player on this team which isn't something anyone could have seen coming.

2. AJ McCarron - This guy is really impressing me the more he plays and will be a starter in this league. With the 1's in week 3 he looks like an absolute pro making some of the best looking throws in the preseason. The one thing that impressed me the most is that this guy just doesn't break under pressure and in week 4 he sure did feel the pressure. This guy put up almost 200 yards with backup receivers and a line that couldn't stop a high school pass rush. He didn't force passes into interceptions and went through his reads while being pressured. When things did go bad he kept his cool and did his job.

3. Run Game - I will keep this short and simple. Hill, Gio, Burkhead, Peerman, and Hewitt are the best complete squad of backs in the league. A lot of our success this season will rely on this unit both on the run and in the pass game. Everyone of these guys can catch and bring a different element to the game. I'm simply amazed more people aren't talking about this squad of absolute killers.

4. Atkins and the Pass Rush - So a lot of people are going to say that we didn't necessarily show great in the preseason for pass rush, but I like what I see. Atkins is a total monster and worked hard this last year to recover from what could have been a career ending injury. With the emergence of guys like Carter and Dawson our pass rush immediately improved, but now add in Michael Johnson a known quantity on this team and the development of Williams at DT(Which I just can't see us cutting over a guy like Thompson or Hunt) and I think we are going to see fireworks this season.

5. Cornerbacks and Safeties - Do i really need to say anything ? We look deep at this position and with our front 7 improved it can only make these guys look better.

Have anything to add ? would love to hear your comments and hear your opinions.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Concerned still about LB, especially early in the season. I see great potential with Dawson but the plays he is making are more instinct than being in position and knowing the system. That isn't necessarily bad, but not sure how that will translate against strong starting O Lines if he has to play early. Same with Carter -- really like what I see but can it happen vs 1's. I like the future for both of them but hope they don't have to be counted on early.

Hawk I know is a great locker room guy but he has lost a couple of steps -- hopefully can hold it down until Burfict gets back.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:47 AM)IckeyShuffle Wrote: Concerned still about LB, especially early in the season. I see great potential with Dawson but the plays he is making are more instinct than being in position and knowing the system. That isn't necessarily bad, but not sure how that will translate against strong starting O Lines if he has to play early. Same with Carter -- really like what I see but can it happen vs 1's. I like the future for both of them but hope they don't have to be counted on early.

Hawk I know is a great locker room guy but he has lost a couple of steps -- hopefully can hold it down until Burfict gets back.

Reminds me of Thurman when he first started.  Thurman had a bit more speed but he played so similar.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:38 AM)Okeana Wrote: Lets start with the things I am concerned about and then the positives.

{CONCERNS}

1.  Andy Dalton - This is always a topic of debate, but what isn't up for debate is the inconsistency in play especially in tough games.  I have to list him as my number 1 concern going into the season because the season hinges on him playing well.  That said he has flashed and looked good with more tools available to him, but in the end of the day he makes me very nervous.

2.  Offensive Line Backups - The Offensive Line has shown well when we had our 5 starters in, but as soon as one of those guys dropped out it goes to hell.  This may be something that improves as the season goes on and hopefully Fischer develops as a rook, but guys like Winston and other veteran backups just looked absolutely terrible.  

3.  Tight Ends and Receivers staying healthy - This is another group that is very thin and was exposed last year when injuries caught up to us int he playoffs.  We simply cannot afford to lose guys like Eifert and Jones on this offense.

4.  Kick returns as special teams - Missed blocking assignment on a punt and no real flash in the return department is a concern.

5.  Peko - This guy just looks old and useless.  Somehow he played a Jedi Mind trick on the staff and players because they love this guy and make bad business decisions keeping him around.  This guy has about as much chance of making a good play this year as he does of getting cut which is an absolute zero.  That said we have rotational guys that will play and prop this old war horse up.

{POSITIVES}

1.  Linebackers - I figured I would start with the one that most Bengal fans will probably debate.  Our Linebackers are better this year than last year because of the arrival of three men..... Hawk, Dawson, and Carter.  Many people believed when we picked up Hawk that it was another aged player that wouldn't bring much to the team and I couldn't sing enough praises about this guy.  He wants to be part of this team, he comes from a high caliber team, and he was released because of injury and cap rather than decline in skill.  Historically he isn't a injury prone guy and if you look at his stats he didn't fall off a cliff.  I love what he does in the run game and while he isn't going to be a pass rushing Linebacker we have guys like Dawson, Carter, and Burfict.  Dawson is developing nicely and I can't wait to see how the season goes for him.  The real gem in the bunch is Chris Carter who has shown he can play standing up and with his hand down.  The guy plays like a Steeler with great intensity and effort every time he lines up.  MARK MY WORDS if Chris Carter keeps developing like he did this year he will be a pro bowl player on this team which isn't something anyone could have seen coming.

2.  AJ McCarron -  This guy is really impressing me the more he plays and will be a starter in this league.  With the 1's in week 3 he looks like an absolute pro making some of the best looking throws in the preseason.  The one thing that impressed me the most is that this guy just doesn't break under pressure and in week 4 he sure did feel the pressure.  This guy put up almost 200 yards with backup receivers and a line that couldn't stop a high school pass rush.  He didn't force passes into interceptions and went through his reads while being pressured.  When things did go bad he kept his cool and did his job.

3.  Run Game -  I will keep this short and simple.  Hill, Gio, Burkhead, Peerman, and Hewitt are the best complete squad of backs in the league.  A lot of our success this season will rely on this unit both on the run and in the pass game.  Everyone of these guys can catch and bring a different element to the game.  I'm simply amazed more people aren't talking about this squad of absolute killers.

4.  Atkins and the Pass Rush -  So a lot of people are going to say that we didn't necessarily show great in the preseason for pass rush, but I like what I see.  Atkins is a total monster and worked hard this last year to recover from what could have been a career ending injury.  With the emergence of guys like Carter and Dawson our pass rush immediately improved, but now add in Michael Johnson a known quantity on this team and the development of Williams at DT(Which I just can't see us cutting over a guy like Thompson or Hunt) and I think we are going to see fireworks this season.

5.  Cornerbacks and Safeties -  Do i really need to say anything ? We look deep at this position and with our front 7 improved it can only make these guys look better.  

Concerns - our center position as Bodine still not playing well and Johnsons is a horrible backup center
Staying healthy and not having major number of injuries like we did a year ago at LB and WR/TE
AD - he has show in the regular season he can great games or stretches of great games. But, he has also shown extremely poor games like Cleveland so he needs to eliminate the extremely bad games in 2015.
LB's - I am still concerned with no Burfict to start likely. I like the potential of Dawson, but he seems to be to be a major liability right now defending the pass so hopefully he develops

Positives

Return to form of Geno - you have to have your studs deliver and in 2014 he was a bad DT. I think he's back
I think our DL overall is closer to the 2013 group or better than the 2013 group
I like our CB's and safeties
I like McCarron to keep getting better, but watching hi last night showed he has a long way to go to be a solid NFL QB in my opinion. The positive is I think he will improve quickly and like his skill set.
Love our running game and RB's/ I think Burkhead will add to an already very good group

I think we have a solid roster again so now the coaches need to coach them up and the players need to get better each practice and each game. The players are paid a lot of money to play a game, so they need to be motivated every practice and every game, I don't feel grown men should need the coaching staff to motivate them, that is 100% on them as professionals paid a ton of money.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:47 AM)IckeyShuffle Wrote: Concerned still about LB, especially early in the season. I see great potential with Dawson but the plays he is making are more instinct than being in position and knowing the system. That isn't necessarily bad, but not sure how that will translate against strong starting O Lines if he has to play early. Same with Carter -- really like what I see but can it happen vs 1's. I like the future for both of them but hope they don't have to be counted on early.

Thanks for the reply.  very reasonable concerns about the unit.  On Hawk I think he will be a starter the entire year even after Burfict returns because of his knowledge of the game and his abilities stopping the run.  While I agree he may have lost a step what really matters is results and his stats simply haven't declined.  I am much more excited for him than I was for James Harrison and he's a better option that Lamur.  I think Dawson will play primarly as a rotational guy and on pass rush, but you couldn't really ask for a better mentor for both Burfict and Dawson.  The guy is a superbowl champ and can really help both of them in the maturity department.

As far as Carter the guy has the IT factor.  Some guys just develop a move that wrecks havok on O-lines and that outside speed rush with that lean is something that our DE's just didn't have before.  He really reminds me of a guy like Dwight Freeney.  This is of course a very limited sample in the preseason, but here's to hoping.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:58 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Concerns - our center position as Bodine still not playing well and Johnsons is a horrible backup center
Staying healthy and not having major number of injuries like we did a year ago at LB and WR/TE
AD - he has show in the regular season he can great games or stretches of great games. But, he has also shown extremely poor games like Cleveland so he needs to eliminate the extremely bad games in 2015.
LB's - I am still concerned with no Burfict to start likely. I like the potential of Dawson, but he seems to be to be a major liability right now defending the pass so hopefully he develops

Positives

Return to form of Geno - you have to have your studs deliver and in 2014 he was a bad DT. I think he's back
I think our DL overall is closer to the 2013 group or better than the 2013 group
I like our CB's and safeties
I like McCarron to keep getting better, but watching hi last night showed he has a long way to go to be a solid NFL QB in my opinion. The positive is I think he will improve quickly and like his skill set.
Love our running game and RB's/ I think Burkhead will add to an already very good group

I think we have a solid roster again so now the coaches need to coach them up and the players need to get better each practice and each game. The players are paid a lot of money to play a game, so they need to be motivated every practice and every game, I don't feel grown men should need the coaching staff to motivate them, that is 100% on them as professionals paid a ton of money.

Lot of great points.  I did skip over Bodine, but I give the guy a break because he just looks good enough when he's playing with starters.  He looks very bad when playing with even 1 backup because the entire line just crumbles.  That said I think the guy has potential and he's our best option atm.  

I just couldn't disagree with you more about AJ McCarron in the 4th game.  What you saw as failure I saw as complete and utter success.  They put him in literally the worst possible position and he limited mistakes and made plays.  Sure we didn't get any touchdowns, but that Offensive Line was such a failure on all levels that you just can't expect more out of the guy.  If you think Dalton would have done better you're absolutely out of your mind and with that squad of players AJ played an admirable game.

I appreciate your opinions and love the discussion.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:59 AM)Okeana Wrote: Thanks for the reply.  very reasonable concerns about the unit.  On Hawk I think he will be a starter the entire year even after Burfict returns because of his knowledge of the game and his abilities stopping the run.  While I agree he may have lost a step what really matters is results and his stats simply haven't declined.  I am much more excited for him than I was for James Harrison and he's a better option that Lamur.  I think Dawson will play primarly as a rotational guy and on pass rush, but you couldn't really ask for a better mentor for both Burfict and Dawson.  The guy is a superbowl champ and can really help both of them in the maturity department.

As far as Carter the guy has the IT factor.  Some guys just develop a move that wrecks havok on O-lines and that outside speed rush with that lean is something that our DE's just didn't have before.  He really reminds me of a guy like Dwight Freeney.  This is of course a very limited sample in the preseason, but here's to hoping.

Carter reminds me more of a young James Harrison

He also struggled early in his career in coverage at LB, but his tenacity and will to make big plays finally got him a job. He is like Carter as he was not a starter and played for numerous teams prior to the Steelers

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:07 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Carter reminds me more of a young James Harrison

He also struggled early in his career in coverage at LB, but his tenacity and will to make big plays finally got him a job. He is like Carter as he was not a starter and played for numerous teams prior to the Steelers

Yeah I think I even mentioned the guy plays like a Steelers Linebacker.  The one reason the guy kind of reminds me of Freeney is because he can play with his hand down, he has great speed, and he has a move.  Harrison was always more of a bull with just great straight line speed and strength.  I think it helped him a lot having a guy like Troy blitzing with him.  

Reply/Quote
Dalton will obviously start for us and that's fine but for those saying McCarron wasn't good last night. Let McCarron play with the ones and dalton play behind that shi**y display of a O-Line he had to play with last night and I bet dalton looks worse..

McCarron stays in the pocket until the last possible second . Once dalton sees anything in his sight he tucks the ball and awaits the sack
Reply/Quote
Bodine has me very concerned ! I was hoping he would step it up this season but it doesn't look like he can/will. Shout out to RRlegs for being right on the mark with this one.

I don't think our O line depth is anywhere near as good as I thought a month ago.

Still a little concerned with Gio. He hasn't seemed I dunno "on" this preseason.

I think our receiving core is good.

Dline = OK DB's = OK

Concern is LBer's not sure unless Dawson can step up we have what it takes until Burfict comes back ?
Reply/Quote
No way carter does not make this team , hunt and still are gone..

The tough decision will be little or Alford , assuming tate finds his way on the roster again

I really hope they keep wilder jr , I like what he can bring to the table .. peerman is a great guy and a leader in the locker room but the team is too talented to keep a player for his special teams ability alone ..
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:22 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: No way carter does not make this team , hunt and still are gone..

The tough decision will be little or Alford , assuming tate finds his way on the roster again

I really hope they keep wilder jr , I like what he can bring to the table .. peerman is a great guy and a leader in the locker room but the team is too talented to keep a player for his special teams ability alone ..

I couldn't disagree more on Peerman.  The guy is a special teams allstar, above average in the run game, great blocker, and can catch the ball.  When you're talking about a guy who is 4th on the depth chart I challenge you to find someone who brings more to the table.  I think Wilder can play in this league, but probably more of a 3rd back on another roster.  The 4th back is always going to see a lot more special teams than carries and if you value a guy who may see 5 carries a year over someone proven to be a special teams leader.... I just don't know what to say.

Love to debate it tho and here's to hoping tate goes away this year.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 10:38 AM)Okeana Wrote: Lets start with the things I am concerned about and then the positives.

{CONCERNS}

1.  Andy Dalton - This is always a topic of debate, but what isn't up for debate is the inconsistency in play especially in tough games.  I have to list him as my number 1 concern going into the season because the season hinges on him playing well.  That said he has flashed and looked good with more tools available to him, but in the end of the day he makes me very nervous.

2.  Offensive Line Backups - The Offensive Line has shown well when we had our 5 starters in, but as soon as one of those guys dropped out it goes to hell.  This may be something that improves as the season goes on and hopefully Fischer develops as a rook, but guys like Winston and other veteran backups just looked absolutely terrible.  

3.  Tight Ends and Receivers staying healthy - This is another group that is very thin and was exposed last year when injuries caught up to us int he playoffs.  We simply cannot afford to lose guys like Eifert and Jones on this offense.

4.  Kick returns as special teams - Missed blocking assignment on a punt and no real flash in the return department is a concern.

5.  Peko - This guy just looks old and useless.  Somehow he played a Jedi Mind trick on the staff and players because they love this guy and make bad business decisions keeping him around.  This guy has about as much chance of making a good play this year as he does of getting cut which is an absolute zero.  That said we have rotational guys that will play and prop this old war horse up.

{POSITIVES}

1.  Linebackers - I figured I would start with the one that most Bengal fans will probably debate.  Our Linebackers are better this year than last year because of the arrival of three men..... Hawk, Dawson, and Carter.  Many people believed when we picked up Hawk that it was another aged player that wouldn't bring much to the team and I couldn't sing enough praises about this guy.  He wants to be part of this team, he comes from a high caliber team, and he was released because of injury and cap rather than decline in skill.  Historically he isn't a injury prone guy and if you look at his stats he didn't fall off a cliff.  I love what he does in the run game and while he isn't going to be a pass rushing Linebacker we have guys like Dawson, Carter, and Burfict.  Dawson is developing nicely and I can't wait to see how the season goes for him.  The real gem in the bunch is Chris Carter who has shown he can play standing up and with his hand down.  The guy plays like a Steeler with great intensity and effort every time he lines up.  MARK MY WORDS if Chris Carter keeps developing like he did this year he will be a pro bowl player on this team which isn't something anyone could have seen coming.

2.  AJ McCarron -  This guy is really impressing me the more he plays and will be a starter in this league.  With the 1's in week 3 he looks like an absolute pro making some of the best looking throws in the preseason.  The one thing that impressed me the most is that this guy just doesn't break under pressure and in week 4 he sure did feel the pressure.  This guy put up almost 200 yards with backup receivers and a line that couldn't stop a high school pass rush.  He didn't force passes into interceptions and went through his reads while being pressured.  When things did go bad he kept his cool and did his job.

3.  Run Game -  I will keep this short and simple.  Hill, Gio, Burkhead, Peerman, and Hewitt are the best complete squad of backs in the league.  A lot of our success this season will rely on this unit both on the run and in the pass game.  Everyone of these guys can catch and bring a different element to the game.  I'm simply amazed more people aren't talking about this squad of absolute killers.

4.  Atkins and the Pass Rush -  So a lot of people are going to say that we didn't necessarily show great in the preseason for pass rush, but I like what I see.  Atkins is a total monster and worked hard this last year to recover from what could have been a career ending injury.  With the emergence of guys like Carter and Dawson our pass rush immediately improved, but now add in Michael Johnson a known quantity on this team and the development of Williams at DT(Which I just can't see us cutting over a guy like Thompson or Hunt) and I think we are going to see fireworks this season.

5.  Cornerbacks and Safeties -  Do i really need to say anything ? We look deep at this position and with our front 7 improved it can only make these guys look better.  

Any team that lose their number 2 receiver and starting TE would be in trouble also, so WR depth shouldn't be a concern. What other team has 6 number one receivers, right? 
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:22 AM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: No way carter does not make this team , hunt and still are gone..

Tate Little and Alford can all make the team? thats 3 of 6 the other 3 are set... assuming we keep 6 and with uzomah not worthy of a roster spot we probly will...
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:31 AM)Okeana Wrote: I couldn't disagree more on Peerman.  The guy is a special teams allstar, above average in the run game, great blocker, and can catch the ball.  When you're talking about a guy who is 4th on the depth chart I challenge you to find someone who brings more to the table.  I think Wilder can play in this league, but probably more of a 3rd back on another roster.  The 4th back is always going to see a lot more special teams than carries and if you value a guy who may see 5 carries a year over someone proven to be a special teams leader.... I just don't know what to say.

Love to debate it tho and here's to hoping tate goes away this year.

Only thing I would say OKeana is Wilder would do a better job between the tackles spelling Hill. We don't want to wear Hill out in the early part of the season and Gio is an outside scat back.

Does Peerman's special teams value trump inside the tackles running during regular season ? And don't get me wrong I don't think Peerman is awful, it's just who's going to help the team more - longterm/big picture ?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Only thing I would say OKeana is Wilder would do a better job between the tackles spelling Hill. We don't want to wear Hill out in the early part of the season and Gio is an outside scat back.

Does Peerman's special teams value trump inside the tackles running during regular season ? And don't get me wrong I don't think Peerman is awful, it's just who's going to help the team more - longterm/big picture ?

the simple answer is yes.  Peerman offers to much big picture. you have a guy in a limited role vs a guy who has a huge role.

I would consider keeping wilder as a 5th back and dropping a guy like uzomah to practice squad, but I just don't see the guy carrying the ball unless we are running the clock and so far ahead that starters are sitting.  In this case I would rather him run than Peerman and keep Peerman healthy for special teams.  Gio isn't  a between the tackles back, but rex kinda is.  So again I would rather have rex run between the tackles to give hill a break when he needs it but a lot of these between the tackles guy are pounders and benefit from more reps not less.  

What it basically boils down to is value and if you are saying that Wilder trumps Peerman in value for a 4th back than I disagree 1000%, but if we can keep him and go with 3 TE's than Im happy to send Uzomah to Practice squad... no one is gonna snatch him away.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 11:06 AM)Okeana Wrote: Lot of great points.  I did skip over Bodine, but I give the guy a break because he just looks good enough when he's playing with starters.  He looks very bad when playing with even 1 backup because the entire line just crumbles.  That said I think the guy has potential and he's our best option atm.  

I just couldn't disagree with you more about AJ McCarron in the 4th game.  What you saw as failure I saw as complete and utter success.  They put him in literally the worst possible position and he limited mistakes and made plays.  Sure we didn't get any touchdowns, but that Offensive Line was such a failure on all levels that you just can't expect more out of the guy.  If you think Dalton would have done better you're absolutely out of your mind and with that squad of players AJ played an admirable game.

I appreciate your opinions and love the discussion.

Let me explain, I feel you are looking solely at the physical side and I like his skillset and poise also. I don't like his ability to read defenses and make line adjustments or call audibles. Yes, the line struggled, but to think our QB bears no responsibility to manage the LOS to help the line calls is being naïve.

I loved his poise, I did not like 2 fumbles, I did not like his never making any adjustment or audible (this is experience or an ability many ignore), but hopefully he will progress in time.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Let me explain, I feel you are looking solely at the physical side and I like his skillset and poise also. I don't like his ability to read defenses and make line adjustments or call audibles. Yes, the line struggled, but to think our QB bears no responsibility to manage the LOS to help the line calls is being naïve.

I loved his poise, I did not like 3 fumbles, I did not like his never making any adjustment or audible (this is experience or an ability many ignore), but hopefully he will progress in time.

I saw him make several adjustments in the game, but a lot of that adjustments happen via the center as well.  I don't think Dalton would have done any better in that situation in fact I know he wouldn't have.  You line this guy up with  the worst line I have ever seen in a preseason and a number 1 receiver in Brandon Tate and expect more?!?!  I'm not calling this guy the next big thing, but only a few Quarterbacks in the league could perform under the circumstances.  That's his 3rd game in the league! you guys just expect perfection way to much.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2015, 12:09 PM)Okeana Wrote: I saw him make several adjustments in the game, but a lot of that adjustments happen via the center as well.  I don't think Dalton would have done any better in that situation in fact I know he wouldn't have.  You line this guy up with  the worst line I have ever seen in a preseason and a number 1 receiver in Brandon Tate and expect more?!?!  I'm not calling this guy the next big thing, but only a few Quarterbacks in the league could perform under the circumstances.  That's his 3rd game in the league! you guys just expect perfection way to much.

I find your statement strange as I would argue you consistently expect perfection for our starting QB.

I also find it strange you state "I know" when in reality you know nothing that did not happen as AD was not in the game. You will never know, but your opinion is noted.

Reply/Quote

Give me that all day everyday because you can coach a guy to be in the right place, but you can't coach instincts.  He'll learn as time goes on about the Xs and Os.

Peerman looked good running the ball last night.  I'd feel comfortable with him in when Hill needs a breather than I am with Gio running the ball.  Gino's more of a pass catcher, which Peerman's receiving ability also impressed me, but it was more-so what he did after he caught the ball.

Alford looked speedy and shifty on returns, so I'm hoping that it means bye-bye Tate, but we all know it won't happen.

Bodine play did have me a very worried and I started even thinking about free agent centers because we won't go anywhere without solid center play.  Let's hope that he can step up.

Carter looks very good and looks like a playmaker that can be in the backfield often.

I think Kroft needs to be our #2 tight end opposite of Eifert because I think they could do some damage.
Reply/Quote