Charlie Jones did not

Was disappointed in the play of Zac Carter

Bo Jackson's relative had a good game and secured at least a PS position

RJ3 looked like Vonn Miller out there

The punter gig is not settled
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The more I see of Iosivas the more I like the guy. Once developed he is going to be a great weapon in the red zone with that height and strength.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
I don't remember any real negative plays from Carter. He had the one real good pressure just couldn't finish. I also thought Bo's family was impressive. Seems to have some quicks and hopefully he can make it to the PS that position is just too full. I thought Charlie Jones looked good although maybe that was just compared to week 1.

I thought the offensive line protected better. I thought Jonah played well but I'm a bit confused why he played and Volson gets a pass. I get Jonah is in a new position and Volson played LG last year. But he seemed to be only adequate and both guys seem to not have any real competition at there spot. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to get some valuable reps.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 09:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Carman has found a home at backup LT

Our #3 QB is very mobile

Jeff Gunther looks good

Charlie Jones did not

Was disappointed in the play of Zac Carter

Bo Jackson's relative had a good game and secured at least a PS position

RJ3 looked like Vonn Miller out there

The punter gig is not settled

Agree in the main, but do disagree on a couple. 

I thought Carman was better than last week but hardly good. Had a hooding penalty negate a Jones catch (and ZT clearly disagreed). Did play RT later. I think he is in a battle with Smith & Adeniji to make the roster. 2 of them will whilest Collins is on PUP. Ford has olayed almost exclusively at guard. 

I though Jones played pretty well. 4 for 46. Had a another catch wipen out due to holding. 

I think Shelvin Jackson makes Morgan expendable. 

Sample, Johnson III, Gunter, & Davis all played pretty well in spots. Ossai as well. DL depth is gonna make some roster decisions difficult. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 10:54 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: The more I see of Iosivas the more I like the guy. Once developed he is going to be a great weapon in the red zone with that height and strength.

I thought Yoshi had a bad game. The back shoulder he dropped was a good pass and an easy catch. He seemed to let passes get into his body even when he did make the play. I still think he has high upside but maybe this was a come back to Earth game showing his inconsistencies and that it's probably gonna take him awhile to get there.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 10:54 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: The more I see of Iosivas the more I like the guy. Once developed he is going to be a great weapon in the red zone with that height and strength.
Absolutely, I'm just not sure I'm a fan of the "Andrei The Giant" moniker
(08-19-2023, 10:58 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I don't remember any real negative plays from Carter. He had the one real good pressure just couldn't finish. I also thought Bo's family was impressive. Seems to have some quicks and hopefully he can make it to the PS that position is just too full. I thought Charlie Jones looked good although maybe that was just compared to week 1.

I thought the offensive line protected better. I thought Jonah played well but I'm a bit confused why he played and Volson gets a pass. I get Jonah is in a new position and Volson played LG last year. But he seemed to be only adequate and both guys seem to not have any real competition at there spot. I just figured it wouldn't hurt to get some valuable reps.

Yeah, I didn't say Carter played bad; I just had higher expectations. We heard how he supposedly added 20 lbs of good weight to his frame and was ready to challenge Hill for the starting gig. He didn't look quite ready to do that. 

I'm sure the oline gets lots of reps in practice but I'd like to see the starters at least get a series or 2. 

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 10:59 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agree in the main, but do disagree on a couple. 

I thought Carman was better than last week but hardly good. Had a hooding penalty negate a Jones catch (and ZT clearly disagreed). Did play RT later. I think he is in a battle with Smith & Adeniji to make the roster. 2 of them will whilest Collins is on PUP. Ford has olayed almost exclusively at guard. 

I though Jones played pretty well. 4 for 46. Had a another catch wipen out due to holding. 

Sample, Johnson III, Gunter, & Davis all played pretty well in spots. Ossai as well. DL depth is gonna make some roster decisions difficult. 

I just finished watching the 2nd half this morning. I saw the holding call and even went back to watch it. Carman's guy appears to be falling forward and he just kind of falls forward onto him when he realizes he's going down. I was a little confused if that's really a hold? Seems like maybe the refs assumed he pulled him down.
Reply/Quote

I want to see him with a qb who can place the ball where it needs to be to give him a chance, and that’s not on the defenders back. The potential is there. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I think Browning had a fine game, much better than last week. Siemian really looks disappointing, and after last night I would say he has fallen behind slightly. It's hard to say without seeing practice, but Browning played much better than Siemian. He had that awful, awful pick and a couple of other plays that weren't great but he also made some really impressive plays with his legs and had a handful of nice throws. There was a throw he made to Iosivas where he put it out wide and low and it was just perfect. Great play Iosivas, as well.

Speaking of, Iosivas looks great. He looks like he could be a genuine contributor at WR this year. I don't think they can put him on the PS.

Chris Evans had a couple of nice plays. I like seeing him involved more.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 11:06 AM)jj22 Wrote: I want to see him with a qb who can place the ball where it needs to be to give him a chance, and that’s not on the defenders back. The potential is there. 

I agree and I think the whole team unfortunately is losing out on valuable reps without Burrow under center. Although that back shoulder from I believe Browning was perfect and I'm not sure Burrow is throwing that any better. I don't want to hate on a guy too much for his 2nd preseason game but a guy that has been focusing on hand catching to let a perfect pass get by him is a little disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 10:59 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agree in the main, but do disagree on a couple. 

Jackson has to outplay Morgan on special teams for him to make the team. It is far more realistic to see Jackson on the PS than on the 53 and that is regardless of what happens with Morgan

It is a tight battle for those back up DL positions.  They will be cutting guys who can contribute and it might be tough to keep some of them on the PS.  There will be some hard decisions that will have to be made.

Max Scharping cemented his place on the 53 with his play at center last night.  A versatile IOL is essential in today's NFL

Andrei Iosivas is a lock to make the team.  Those final WR spots are now a battle among Taylor, Morgan, Lassiter, and Jones.  Darren Simmons will likely decide who stays and who goes.

Whichever punter loses the job, he won't be unemployed for long. I suspect they won't survive waivers.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Obviously a fan of Ios.

[Image: 348286303_949835442895129_63502001159152...e=64E58B90]

Reply/Quote
Can we start a thread about safety Scott. My god he is horrible. He misses tackles , doesn’t make plays and blocked easily and simple zone reads where a TE runs a cross he is late to react. I see Battle taking his spot by mid season for sure.
Reply/Quote
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/bengals-winners-losers-preseason-game-2-against-falcons-nfl/
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 11:32 AM)RancidJedi Wrote: Can we start a thread about safety Scott.  My god he is horrible.  He misses tackles , doesn’t make plays and blocked easily and simple zone reads where a TE runs a cross he is late to react.  I see Battle taking his spot by mid season for sure.

I'll have to go back and watch. It took me a second to realize who 33 was and he definitely didn't stand out to me. I think we won't lose much from a coverage standpoint at least in the long run. But I don't know if we have anyone to replace the instincts and physicality near the LOS. 
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 11:32 AM)RancidJedi Wrote: Can we start a thread about safety Scott.  My god he is horrible.  He misses tackles , doesn’t make plays and blocked easily and simple zone reads where a TE runs a cross he is late to react.  I see Battle taking his spot by mid season for sure.

I didn't notice Tycen Anderson last night, but he was big game 1. Maybe he'll push Scott to playing time. 

Reply/Quote
Cam Taylor-Britt is going to be a baller this year. He was out there flying around sticking his head into the run fits near the line of scrimmage. I thought Zach Carter looked decent. He had the fastest first step out of the DT group. After a very poor showing last week Shedrick Jackson showed up. Charlie Jones was up and down. Bengals best backup swing tackle is still Hakeem Adeniji and that's bad...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2023, 11:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I didn't notice Tycen Anderson last night, but he was big game 1. Maybe he'll push Scott to playing time. 

I remember Anderson had a nice Special Teams play in the second half last night. He's pushing for that 4th Safety spot over Michael Thomas.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I agree with Zac the holding call was bogus. Also both Carman and Smith had a play each where they got blocked in the back and taken out of the pass play by…..Chase Brown.
Reply/Quote
Iosivas is a project, but I think he makes the 53. He was in on a special team tackle on a punt and made some plays. I don't think he will be a factor for us as a WR unless someone gets hurt.

I thought Browning playing with 3r and 4th string OL and WR's secured the #2 spot. He is mobile and made some accurate throws. I think you put him with our starters, he could win games. On the other hand, the vet was not impressive again, I think we should cut him and find another 3rd string practice squad QB is Joe is ready week #1.

Ossai looked great last night against the Falcons starting OL.

Cam Taylor-Britt continues to shine
D.J. Turner has a lot to learn, don't see him playing a lot unless an injury to a CB

Hill an Scott both did not play well.

i disagree with Carmen's play. I thought he did well a left tackle (BS penalty) and one of our better OL run blocking. I also think the Bengals may be showcasing him in order to trade him.

Jackson looked good, but he was playing against 3rd and 4th string when he made his plays.

Charlie Jones has a lot of work to do, I wonder how much his labrum injury is impacting him. He may be placed on injured reserve which would create a roster spot
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote