Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
(03-01-2022, 03:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The Bengals if they move up about 5 spots are certain to get one of these 3. They are Linderbaum the Iowa center, Zion Johnson the Boston center, or Bernhard Raimann the Central Michigan OT. Probably at least one available still at #31. If they moved up 5 they could choose. Of course FA will have a big impact on the direction.

Both ESPN "guru's" project Linderbaum to go in the mid-teens.

NFL.com typically has him closer to us at the bottom of rnd 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:43 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Considering the FA window hasn’t opened yet, if this is true it would
Be tampering.  

I bet Pac-Man Jones source is PFF

Pro Football Focus predicts the Bengals will sign two free agents on their top 50 list.
They expect Cincinnati to sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract with $24.5 million guaranteed. The veteran center would be an instant upgrade to the interior of the Bengals' offensive line. He's 12th in the rankings.

Either that or PFF and Adam Jones heard it from the same source.
It definitely could be what the Bengals would offer.
If Jensen or his agents have been in any way involved in such discussions, it would 100% be tampering.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Question with Bozeman is does he fit? Hes been in a heavy gap/power system since college. Can he move laterally and reach block alot more often in the Bengals system? 

Good point(s). I'm not sure on that tbf. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Both ESPN "guru's" project Linderbaum to go in the mid-teens.

Linderbaum has definitely been all over the place.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Former Bengals star Adam 'Pacman' Jones is claiming that the team is going to sign Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract.

"I got some great news for you," Jones told Solomon Wilcots on the Bleav in Bengals podcast. "A little birdie said that we [the Bengals] gonna sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year deal for $39 million, which would be a starting center. I hope it goes through. It sound like the little birdie is saying it's almost a done deal."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-bengals-ryan-jensen-free-agency?utm_source=reddit.com

Was just discussing this with Sunset and Tecmo in the FA forum. That is a bit rich of a deal for an over 30 year old Center.

Think we could get Jensen for cheaper, Bozeman might command that much being young and all.

Bring in Jensen, Daniels, Moses and if we can add Tomlinson or Conner Williams over Spain no one could say the FO didn't 
go all out to protect Burrow this FA.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - James Daniels
RT - Morgan Moses
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 02:24 PM)Tony Wrote: Pac man has been ride or die with the Bengals since retirement...
I know but it's just a nice refreshing reminder!

I don't know if he still lives here but I know he's in the area a lot.
(03-01-2022, 03:30 PM)J24 Wrote: I doubt they have a deal in place at this time but I wouldn't be shocked if we were the favorites to land him.

Let's hope so............
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was just discussing this with Sunset and Tecmo in the FA forum. That is a bit rich of a deal for an over 30 year old Center.

Think we could get Jensen for cheaper, Bozeman might command that much being young and all.

Bring in Jensen, Daniels, Moses and if we can add Tomlinson or Conner Williams over Spain no one could say the FO didn't 

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - James Daniels
RT - Morgan Moses
I feel like we can do better than Spain too. I also feel he may ask too much for what he's really worth cause he knows we need help in the worst way.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:00 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I feel like we can do better than Spain too. I also feel he may ask too much for what he's really worth cause he knows we need help in the worst way.

Yeah, I really liked Spain in the regular season but he played pretty crappy in the Playoffs and the SB.

Think Tomlinson would be an upgrade.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Either that or PFF and Adam Jones heard it from the same source.
It definitely could be what the Bengals would offer.
If Jensen or his agents have been in any way involved in such discussions, it would 100% be tampering.

I'd be shocked if the Bengals or Jensen were dumb enough to do that, especially in an age when everything ends up getting leaked.  

If Jones has sources for this kind of information, I'd also be surprised.  The guy likes to still be part of the conversation when people celebrate the team, and he's probably got a cot with his name above it at the county pen so he's definitely still local, but I don't recall ever seeing or feeling that he had a lot of inside connections.  

It is mostly just refreshing to hear the Bengals associated with some FAs for once, and not that we know for sure all the big names will be gone out of the gate and we'll just end up with whoever is left over.  We still make not have the flashiest FA, but it feels like much more of a possibility now than in years past (even though the team was pretty aggressive last year). 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Smart by Jones to put this out before the legal tampering period.  Intelligence never was his strong suit.

I was thinking the same thing.

If the Bengals were to sign him now wouldn't this make it easy for the Bucs to file a grievance and get draft compensation?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:43 PM)Whatever Wrote: Smart by Jones to put this out before the legal tampering period.  Intelligence never was his strong suit.

Everyone knows the whole thing is BS. Within the first hour of legal tampering we have names to teams with contract numbers lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was just discussing this with Sunset and Tecmo in the FA forum. That is a bit rich of a deal for an over 30 year old Center.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - James Daniels
RT - Morgan Moses

They can't afford all those players. Nate.  
Tomlinson and Jensen would be great with a Tyler Smith or Zion Johnson would fix a lot of things.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They can't afford all those players. Nate.  
Tomlinson and Jensen would be great with a Tyler Smith or Zion Johnson would fix a lot of things.  

Depends on if we extend Bates huge or let him go, same with our DT's in BJ Hill and Ogunjobi.

If we keep all these guys true, we cannot afford all those dudes. But if we let Bates and Ogunjobi go I think we could pull it off.

Depends on how much these OL would want to come here. With Burrow I find things to be much more possible than in the past.

I would be just fine with Jensen, Tomlinson and Zion too. Lots of ways to go about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Everyone knows the whole thing is BS. Within the first hour of legal tampering we have names to teams with contract numbers lol.

All teams do illegal tampering.  The first rule of illegal tampering is you don't talk about illegal tampering.  The second rule of illegal tampering is you don't talk about illegal tampering.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 05:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Depends on if we extend Bates huge or let him go, same with our DT's in BJ Hill and Ogunjobi.

If we keep all these guys true, we cannot afford all those dudes. But if we let Bates and Ogunjobi go I think we could pull it off.

Depends on how much these OL would want to come here. With Burrow I find things to be much more possible than in the past.

I would be just fine with Jensen, Tomlinson and Zion too. Lots of ways to go about it.
Bates is going nowhere
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 05:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: All teams do illegal tampering.  The first rule of illegal tampering is you don't talk about illegal tampering.  The second rule of illegal tampering is you don't talk about illegal tampering.

Nice.  Hilarious

(03-01-2022, 05:20 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Bates is going nowhere

We will see, I just don't want his extension to cost us too much in upgrading the OL. Need to go all out here.

Keeping our DL strong and most off all getting our OL up to par with the DL has to be the priority even over a Bates extension IMO.

Games are won in the trenches, if we are great on BOTH sides of the ball I don't know who can beat us next season.
Reply/Quote
If this were true, wouldn't that be tampering?
Reply/Quote
Why on earth would anyone listen to a word Pacman says?

The dude doesnt have sources. He is just trying to be an "insider" because he has nothing better to do with his life right now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Both ESPN "guru's" project Linderbaum to go in the mid-teens.

I know he's the top center in the draft, but man.... he seems light. 6 foot 3 inches 290 lbs.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:10 PM)Yogo Wrote: I know he's the top center in the draft, but man.... he seems light.

That would be the only reason he falls to us, he is undersized. 

Doesn't matter to me, he more than holds his own with his technique.
Reply/Quote