Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
(03-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was just discussing this with Sunset and Tecmo in the FA forum. That is a bit rich of a deal for an over 30 year old Center.

Think we could get Jensen for cheaper, Bozeman might command that much being young and all.

Bring in Jensen, Daniels, Moses and if we can add Tomlinson or Conner Williams over Spain no one could say the FO didn't 
go all out to protect Burrow this FA.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - James Daniels
RT - Morgan Moses

Why Daniels over Corbett? Film seemed to show Corbett better in a few areas, but the real question is why would the Bears with $30M in cpa let a very good, 24 yr old lineman walk?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I really liked Spain in the regular season but he played pretty crappy in the Playoffs and the SB.

Think Tomlinson would be an upgrade.

I think Tomlinson is a huge upgrade over Spain.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:10 PM)Yogo Wrote: I know he's the top center in the draft, but man.... he seems light. 6 foot 3 inches 290 lbs.

Jason Kelce listed at 6’3” 295
Corey Linsley 6’3” 301
Rodney Hudson 6’2” 299

A little light, but not far off, and could likely bulk up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So considering TB has already lost a lineman to sudden retirement, I can almost guarantee they will push the tampering angle if we sign him.

Personally, I'd prefer the kid from Baltimore. Younger, and hurts a division foe.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 08:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why Daniels over Corbett? Film seemed to show Corbett better in a few areas, but the real question is why would the Bears with $30M in cpa let a very good, 24 yr old lineman walk?

Versatility, Daniels might want to come here over being in that dump and the Bears have other players they need to sign too.

Not out of the question. I just love Daniels versatility and youth. Corbett I would also love to grab though as I am sure you know.

(03-01-2022, 08:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I think Tomlinson is a huge upgrade over Spain.

I think so too, just depends on how much playing with Trent Williams made Laken look better. Jonah isn't there yet.

(03-01-2022, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So considering TB has already lost a lineman to sudden retirement, I can almost guarantee they will push the tampering angle if we sign him.

Personally, I'd prefer the kid from Baltimore.  Younger, and hurts a division foe.

Yes, I want Bozeman more but he will cost. Still all for it. Solidify the middle, get our rock for once for our foundation.
Reply/Quote
If (and it's a big if) they do this it is a good move but I would MUCH prefer RG and/or RT. The vast majority of the line issues were on the right side after all.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 01:26 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Ya, a decent guy, huh? Guy should be in prison right now in case you were born yesterday.

Yup he is a good dude. I got aa link to his podcast if you want it bro?
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 06:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why on earth would anyone listen to a word Pacman says?

The dude doesnt have sources. He is just trying to be an "insider" because he has nothing better to do with his life right now.

Well you must hang with the guy every day to know he has nothing to do better with his life. lol foolish people make foolish statements.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 08:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Why Daniels over Corbett? Film seemed to show Corbett better in a few areas, but the real question is why would the Bears with $30M in cpa let a very good, 24 yr old lineman walk?

They wouldn't/won't.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 09:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So considering TB has already lost a lineman to sudden retirement, I can almost guarantee they will push the tampering angle if we sign him.

Personally, I'd prefer the kid from Baltimore.  Younger, and hurts a division foe.

Same on Bozeman, but as others have brought up (including ZT), it has to be a scheme fit. I'm honestly not as brushed up on my OL x's and o's to tell the difference like some of these guys. 

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Versatility, Daniels might want to come here over being in that dump and the Bears have other players they need to sign too.

Not out of the question. I just love Daniels versatility and youth. Corbett I would also love to grab though as I am sure you know.

I think so too, just depends on how much playing with Trent Williams made Laken look better. Jonah isn't there yet.

Yes, I want Bozeman more but he will cost. Still all for it. Solidify the middle, get our rock for once for our foundation.

Can't the Bears use the tag on Daniels? 

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 12:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Former Bengals star Adam 'Pacman' Jones is claiming that the team is going to sign Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen to a three-year, $39 million contract.

"I got some great news for you," Jones told Solomon Wilcots on the Bleav in Bengals podcast. "A little birdie said that we [the Bengals] gonna sign Ryan Jensen to a three-year deal for $39 million, which would be a starting center. I hope it goes through. It sound like the little birdie is saying it's almost a done deal."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/adam-jones-bengals-ryan-jensen-free-agency?utm_source=reddit.com

I took this with a massive grain of salt...I mean, how would he even know the dollars?  Then, I started laughing picturing the NFL Network having a side-by-side with Adam Jones and Adam Schefter talking about NFL Rumors:

Shefter:  "It is believed that the Bengals are close to signing Ryan Jensen to a 3 year deal somewhere in the neighborhood of $39 million dollars."

Adam Jones:  "MotherBLEEPer can Fu BLEEP play some BALL.  Bengals be STUPID if they let N-BOMB go"  Cue shocked look by Kay Adams... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Is there any semi-famous person that DOESN'T have a podcast? It seems like everyone does.

I just thought of an obscure celeb and googled if they have a podcast. And they do! Pee Wee Hermann has a podcast it looks like.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:30 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: Can't the Bears use the tag on Daniels? 

Yes they can. We might not even have the choice between Daniels and Corbett.

(03-02-2022, 09:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I took this with a massive grain of salt...I mean, how would he even know the dollars?  Then, I started laughing picturing the NFL Network having a side-by-side with Adam Jones and Adam Schefter talking about NFL Rumors:

Shefter:  "It is believed that the Bengals are close to signing Ryan Jensen to a 3 year deal somewhere in the neighborhood of $39 million dollars."

Adam Jones:  "MotherBLEEPer can Fu BLEEP play some BALL.  Bengals be STUPID if they let N-BOMB go"  Cue shocked look by Kay Adams... Hilarious

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 11:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is there any semi-famous person that DOESN'T have a podcast? It seems like everyone does.

I just thought of an obscure celeb and googled if they have a podcast. And they do! Pee Wee Hermann has a podcast it looks like.

Who wouldn't want to listen to Pee Wee's podcast?  Hilarious  It's cool in a sense that anyone who wants to have an audience and reach now has it.  But we're over-saturated with everyone and their mom having one (almost.  I don't see that Pee Wee's mom has one..).  
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 09:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so too, just depends on how much playing with Trent Williams made Laken look better. Jonah isn't there yet.

Trent Williams was traded to San Francisco in 2020 so Tomilson has only played with him 2 seasons.  Maybe the best way would be to look at Tomilson's 2019 PFF before the Williams trade.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 02:09 PM)Synric Wrote: Question with Bozeman is does he fit? Hes been in a heavy gap/power system since college. Can he move laterally and reach block alot more often in the Bengals system? 

I don't know about fitting his system when the guys we had for Pollack's system were horrible.  Instead of getting lower level talent just because they fit your "system" why not get the best talent we can afford and work with that.  We can not have another year of 70+ sacks because Pollack thinks he needs to use his "system"
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:30 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Trent Williams was traded to San Francisco in 2020 so Tomilson has only played with him 2 seasons.  Maybe the best way would be to look at Tomilson's 2019 PFF before the Williams trade.

That would be the way, but I don't have PFF so someone else would have to look it up that does.

(03-02-2022, 08:40 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I don't know about fitting his system when the guys we had for Pollack's system were horrible.  Instead of getting lower level talent just because they fit your "system" why not get the best talent we can afford and work with that.  We can not have another year of 70+ sacks because Pollack thinks he needs to use his "system"

Good point, you still want your OL to be powerful to boot. Both Bozeman and Jensen definitely are powerful.

Still James Daniels or Bryan Allen fit Taylor and Pollack's wide zone better and think one of them would be more likely if what
Pollack is saying is really true on wanting more athleticism along with power.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Was just discussing this with Sunset and Tecmo in the FA forum. That is a bit rich of a deal for an over 30 year old Center.

Think we could get Jensen for cheaper, Bozeman might command that much being young and all.

Bring in Jensen, Daniels, Moses and if we can add Tomlinson or Conner Williams over Spain no one could say the FO didn't 
go all out to protect Burrow this FA.

LT - Jonah Williams
LG - Laken Tomlinson
C - Ryan Jensen
RG - James Daniels
RT - Morgan Moses

Agree on Tomlinson and Moses. What’s the franchise tag on an Olineman and can Chicago afford it?
Reply/Quote
If they sign a center I think Ben Jones is a better fit than Bozeman.
Reply/Quote