Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pac-man says Bengals are close to signing Jensen to a 3 year $39 million deal
(03-02-2022, 09:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Agree on Tomlinson and Moses. What’s the franchise tag on an Olineman and can Chicago afford it?

It is a good question that I don't know the answer to.

All I know is it is pricey and Chicago only has about half the cap space we have.

Plus we just played in a Superbowl and are a very attractive team for O-lineman and other FA's to want to go to.

The Bears would probably have to Tag Daniels for him to stay and they have lots of other players that they need to bring back.

If Daniels tests the FA waters I like our chances, he is exactly what we need on the interior and makes Hopkins expendable.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 08:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be the way, but I don't have PFF so someone else would have to look it up that does.

I dont have it either.  It would be interesting to see how he did before Trent Williams.  Obviously playing beside Trent Williams has to help as does playing beside Tryon Smith as is the case with Connor Williams.

(03-02-2022, 08:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good point, you still want your OL to be powerful to boot. Both Bozeman and Jensen definitely are powerful.

Still James Daniels or Bryan Allen fit Taylor and Pollack's wide zone better and think one of them would be more likely if what
Pollack is saying is really true on wanting more athleticism along with power.

I like Jensen but I think he would cost too much.  I would rather have Bozeman, Jones or Karras where we could save some money that we could use at another position on the O-line.  For Jensen money, you can fix 2 spots on the Oline instead of 1
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good question that I don't know the answer to.

All I know is it is pricey and Chicago only has about half the cap space we have.

Plus we just played in a Superbowl and are a very attractive team for O-lineman and other FA's to want to go to.

The Bears would probably have to Tag Daniels for him to stay and they have lots of other players that they need to bring back.

If Daniels tests the FA waters I like our chances, he is exactly what we need on the interior and makes Hopkins expendable.

I’ve looked at their list of FAs and he seems like their only one I think they might use the franchise tag on.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont have it either.  It would be interesting to see how he did before Trent Williams.  Obviously playing beside Trent Williams has to help as does playing beside Tryon Smith as is the case with Connor Williams.

I like Jensen but I think he would cost too much.  I would rather have Bozeman, Jones or Karras where we could save some money that we could use at another position on the O-line.  For Jensen money, you can fix 2 spots on the Oline instead of 1

We will see if one of the guys that has PFF can dig that up for us with Laken.

Jensen is older than Bozeman, the numbers mentioned in this thread are clearly made up. I would expect Bozeman to cost more
honestly but I would be okay with that. I like Ben Jones and Karras as well, nice bringing up Karras, forgot about him in the fold.

I also keep forgetting about Cappa who I would love to add at Guard.

(03-02-2022, 09:19 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I’ve looked at their list of FAs and he seems like their only one I think they might use the franchise tag on.

Well we have never used the Tag on an O-Lineman that I can remember and with inflation I have no idea how much that will cost.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 01:26 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Ya, a decent guy, huh? Guy should be in prison right now in case you were born yesterday.

He actually might be in prison now. It’s not easy to keep up with his criminal behavior. He’s very far away from a “decent guy”…he’s a complete piece of shit.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:44 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Linderbaum has definitely been all over the place.

I’ve seen him at number 12, number 31, and pretty much everywhere in between.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I’ve seen him at number 12, number 31, and pretty much everywhere in between.

And it is all cause he is undersized. I don't give a damn, sure hope he falls to us and we take him. Definitely a perfect fit.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we have as much cap space as it might seem. We have 48 M. if we cut Hopkins and Waynes it gives us 64 M

Now you allocate 14M for draft and injuries. We now have 50 M. We'll see how much is left after rebuilding offensive linemen and adding depth players.

Jenson 12 M. Corbett 9 M. Reiff 7 M. Total 28 M
BJ Hill 7 M. Huber 2 M. Apple 2 M. Flowers 2 M. Total 13 M
Other depth players worth maybe 5 M

50 M - 28 M - 13 M - 5 M = 4 M

We have 4 M left and we haven't even signed Bates Uzomah or Ogunjobi. Its becoming painfully obvious that we either fix the offensive line and let guys like Bates Uzomah and Ogunjobi walk or we sign those guys and don't fix the offensive. We can't do both. That is fairly obvious
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
Quite frankly these stats of Bates indicate a top 20 safety. Slightly above average but definitely not elite. I'd rather sign a guy for 5M and draft a safety early to give us cap space to spend on the offensive line

His overall safety coverage grade ranks 55th percentile. That's not elite. Bates run defense is below average ranking 34th. He's not a good tackler. There zero chance I'd give Bates over 10 m. I would not franchise tag him.

Attached Files Image(s)

If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And it is all cause he is undersized. I don't give a damn, sure hope he falls to us and we take him. Definitely a perfect fit.

I think Linderbaum's floor is pretty stable , at least relatively speaking.   I also like the wrestling background.  Creed Humphrey's success might help his stock slightly as well.   I really hope he doesn't end up with the Steelers.  I think we might address center before the draft though to avoid gambling on having options at our pick. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 08:16 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I think Linderbaum's floor is pretty stable , at least relatively speaking.   I also like the wrestling background.  Creed Humphrey's success might help his stock slightly as well.   I really hope he doesn't end up with the Steelers.  I think we might address center before the draft though to avoid gambling on having options at our pick. 

Agree with everything you say as usual. I think Linderbaum can make up for his shortcomings with his technique, quick hands and
strength. So whoever gets him should be happy with his play. Hope it isn't the Steelers, I think they go with a QB early anyways in 
Malik Willis cause they want a Josh Allen/Lamar type. I don't think he works out for them though lol

The Steelers DO really need OL help, this would be the smart move for them to make and take an OL in the first.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:18 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont have it either.  It would be interesting to see how he did before Trent Williams.  Obviously playing beside Trent Williams has to help as does playing beside Tryon Smith as is the case with Connor Williams.

Jensen is a level above those other players and changes the entire dynamic of our oline. Bozeman wants north of 10M is my next option.  Jones is 6 years older than Boze and Karras while an upgrade for us, is definitely 4th in this group.

So many overlook the value of Center, a good one can be vital.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 06:56 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: I don't think we have as much cap space as it might seem. We have 48 M. if we cut Hopkins and Waynes it gives us 64 M

Now you allocate 14M for draft and injuries. We now have 50 M. We'll see how much is left after rebuilding offensive linemen and adding depth players.

Jenson 12 M. Corbett 9 M. Reiff 7 M. Total 28 M
BJ Hill 7 M. Huber 2 M. Apple 2 M. Flowers 2 M. Total 13 M
Other depth players worth maybe 5 M

50 M - 28 M - 13 M - 5 M = 4 M

We have 4 M left and we haven't even signed Bates Uzomah or Ogunjobi. Its becoming painfully obvious that we either fix the offensive line and let guys like Bates Uzomah and Ogunjobi walk or we sign those guys and don't fix the offensive. We can't do both. That is fairly obvious

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Estimates for the rookie pool. They don’t need $14M for the rookies which gives you more to work with.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 01:42 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://overthecap.com/draft/

Estimates for the rookie pool. They don’t need $14M for the rookies which gives you more to work with.

It's for draft and injuries. 7 million for draft and 7 million for injured players replacements that you might have to sign during season. 
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 02:32 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: It's for draft and injuries. 7 million for draft and 7 million for injured players replacements that you might have to sign during season. 

Do you see the “Cap Space” column? That’s the effective cap hit of the rookies because the cap hit from their contracts displace the cap hit of other contracts. So you need roughly $3M out of that $64 for rookies.

So the $4M you had left over + $7M for injuries + $4M for displaced contracts leaves you with $15M to use however you want.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 02:43 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Do you see the “Cap Space” column?  That’s the effective cap hit of the rookies because the cap hit from their contracts displace the cap hit of other contracts. So you need roughly $3M out of that $64 for rookies.

So the $4M you had left over + $7M for injuries + $4M for displaced contracts leaves you with $15M to use however you want.

Then you allocate 3 M for draft and 11 M for injury replacement players. It still the same total amount of 14 m. I know the combination is 14 M. I didn't bother to look at how each amount breaks down nor do I care.  It doesn't change the total amount. You still have 4 M left and that's being generous. 

That's assuming you can sign Jensen for 12 M when he'll probably cost 13 M . That's assuming Corbett costs 9 M when it probably more like 10 M. That's assuming 5 M for depth players when in reality it could be 10 M. 

I'm being generous saying we'd have 4 M left over after we sign these players. It might cost even 7 M more than that. That would make it - 3M

Even using your erroneous numbers it would only increase the cap from 4M to 8M not to 15M . Draft cost 4M less than I expected. You simply add that to total. 4M + 4M is 8 M.

Why did you add allocate money for injury replacements back to total. It is subtracted because that is set aside to sign players off street because of injuries. It is not usable cap space therefore it is subtracted.

The injured player counts towards cap and so does replacement player. Do you get that? Is that hard to understand?

Giants had 340 games lost last year due to injury. That's 20 players missing full season equivalent. League min salary is 1.1 M. Lets assume replacement player makes a small amount more than league min. Lets say replacement player average salary is 1.5 M. Giants spent extra 30M on replacement players that was added to cap space. Do you get that?

Now My assumption of 11M set aside for replacements players before free agency is a conservative estimate. It probably is even more than that. And you subtract that from salary cap before free agency. Do you get that ? You subtract. Hard to understand ?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 09:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We will see if one of the guys that has PFF can dig that up for us with Laken.

Jensen is older than Bozeman, the numbers mentioned in this thread are clearly made up. I would expect Bozeman to cost more
honestly but I would be okay with that. I like Ben Jones and Karras as well, nice bringing up Karras, forgot about him in the fold.

I also keep forgetting about Cappa who I would love to add at Guard.

Well we have never used the Tag on an O-Lineman that I can remember and with inflation I have no idea how much that will cost.

Tomlinson was a 75.9 PFF this past yr  5 penalties and 2 sacks given up.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 07:03 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Quite frankly these stats of Bates indicate a top 20 safety. Slightly above average but definitely not elite. I'd rather sign a guy for 5M and draft a safety early to give us cap space to spend on the offensive line

His overall safety coverage grade ranks 55th percentile. That's not elite.  Bates run defense is below average ranking 34th. He's not a good tackler. There zero chance I'd give Bates over 10 m. I would not franchise tag him.

I would tag him and then not match when someone offers and get 2 1sts  detriot and philly needs safety help they might bite on it.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 03:26 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Then you allocate 3 M for draft and 11 M for injury replacement players. It still the same total amount of 14 m. I know the combination is 14 M. I didn't bother to look at how each amount breaks down nor do I care.  It doesn't change the total amount. You still have 4 M left and that's being generous. 

That's assuming you can sign Jensen for 12 M when he'll probably cost 13 M . That's assuming Corbett costs 9 M when it probably more like 10 M. That's assuming 5 M for depth players when in reality it could be 10 M. 

I'm being generous saying we'd have 4 M left over after we sign these players. It might cost even 7 M more than that. That would make it - 3M

Even using your erroneous numbers it would only increase the cap from 4M to 8M not to 15M . Draft cost 4M less than I expected. You simply add that to total. 4M + 4M is 8 M.

Why did you add allocate money for injury replacements back to total. It is subtracted because that is set aside to sign players off street because of injuries. It is not usable cap space therefore it is subtracted.

The injured player counts towards cap and so does replacement player. Do you get that? Is that hard to understand?

Giants had 340 games lost last year due to injury. That's 20 players missing full season equivalent. League min salary is 1.1 M. Lets assume replacement player makes a small amount more than league min. Lets say replacement player average salary is 1.5 M. Giants spent extra 30M on replacement players that was added to cap space. Do you get that?

Now My assumption of 11M set aside for replacements players before free agency is a conservative estimate. It probably is even more than that. And you subtract that from salary cap before free agency. Do you get that ? You subtract. Hard to understand ?

Trae Waynes lost 12 games to injury last year. Who did the Bengals sign to replace him and how much did his replacement count towards the salary cap?

The Giants placed Daniel Jones and Sterling Shepard on IR the same week. They promoted Jaylon Smith and Jarren Williams from the practice squad. Smith and Williams combined cap hit was $367,000. Or $1,833,000 or 83% less than the $1.1M each you budgeted to replace them. But, you’re getting ready to tell me that neither played a full season. You’re right. Smith played 4 games for the Giants and Williams played 6 games. Based upon the per game prorated salary of a $1.1M free agent; Smith’s cap hit was 27% less and Williams’ was 61% less than you budgeted. Combined their cap hit was 52% less than you budgeted. You don’t need $7M for injuries.

Based upon salary projects for Jensen and Corbett you can lessen their year 1 cap hit by $1M each.

So between the draft, injuries, and those two free agent contracts that gives you an extra $8-10M in cap space. Combined with the $4M you had left over makes $12-14M in cap space. Plus the $5M you buddy for depth signings gives $17-19M to work on those other contracts and depth.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 07:03 PM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Quite frankly these stats of Bates indicate a top 20 safety. Slightly above average but definitely not elite. I'd rather sign a guy for 5M and draft a safety early to give us cap space to spend on the offensive line

His overall safety coverage grade ranks 55th percentile. That's not elite.  Bates run defense is below average ranking 34th. He's not a good tackler. There zero chance I'd give Bates over 10 m. I would not franchise tag him.

But he thinks he's elite. That's the tension.
Reply/Quote