Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-24-2017, 05:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: To be fair there are some asshole cops out there. When i was young and stupid, I was riding back from a bar with friends when a couple friends in the car started fighting so i got out. I tried to call a cab from a pay phone (no cell phone back in the day) but kept getting a busy signal, got pissed and slammed the receiver down and started my long drunkin walk to Dent from Price hill where I got out. I got several blocks up the road when a cop stops to question me and about the phone. Someone called and said I was being loud and broke a pay phone. I told the cops that i was just upset cause i couldnt get a cab and hung the phone up with some anger. They had me get in the car and ride back to the pay phone to see if it was damaged, we looked at it and i told them i was sorry, that I was just upset and said see the phone is fine, their exact words were, so what were gonna take you to jail anyway, i asked for what, they said because they feel like it. So then of course they got me with disorderly conduct cause i was pissed and calling them every name in the book on my way to the justice center. When I got there about 4 cops took me in a cell and said, there are no cameras in here, took out their sticks and beat the shit out of me.

Another time I was walking home from a bar that was pretty close to my house and I wouldnt drink and drive, and a cop stopped me because I look really young for my age, he asked what i was doing out after curfew, I told him I was 22 so he ran my name etc. Well turns out an old friend of mine used my name somehow when he stole a car and never showed for court. I tried to tell the cop that it was not me but he didnt believe me so yup off to jail I went. I was arrested 2 more times for what an old friend did but i couldnt prove anything cause at the time I didnt know who used my name. Later I heard from some other friends who it was that used my name just in time for a court case, I showed up and wouldnt you know it, got arrested again, they didnt want to hear anything about what i found out. So im sitting in my cell pissed off beyond belief when someone comes up and says they have a description of the person who stole the car and commited the other crimes, they said well this cant be you, you dont have brown eyes, black hair, etc etc. WTF why couldnt they do this sooner. So they let me go but by now awww i have a record. I have a record for doing nothing. Oh wait it gets better.

So a few years go by and me and my girlfriend are splitting up, turns out she was cheating on me with someone else in the apartment building. So im moving my things out putting them in storage till I figure shit out and well I slipped in storage, tried to catch myself by grabing the metal rail on the wall when it nearly cuts my finger off. I go back to the apartment to clean it up only to realize I need stitches so I go to the hospital. In the meantime the couple living in the apartment next to mine are fighting and cops are called. When they show up, the guy answers the door (whom I dont like cause he's a dick) and tells the cops that it wasent them, that they must have the wrong apartment, so they see the blood going to mine and yup you guessed it, they come to the damn hospital and arrest me, before I can even get treated. So they hold me till court on Monday, in the meantime I still have a makeshift bandage around my hand, cut is infected, they do nothing for it. I go to court Monday and my brother-in-law showed up to explain to the judge what happen cause he was helping me move. Well my Ex dosent show, so the Judge dosent want to hear my brother-in-law at all, sets my bail at 50k 50 freakin k cause of course i have record now, 50k and thats the 10% untill he hears the story frommy Ex in person. It took them 2 weeks after she went down to talk to the judge to get me out. Now my damn nerves in my hand are dead, open wound healed cannot reconect nerves, cant play the damn guitar anymore, all this BS for things I didnt do. Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sorry kinda got on a rant there, So I moved to the country and everything has been fine since. So my advice to Pac Man is, just STOP putting yourself in situations where stupid shit like this can happen to you. Your a grown man with kids, wtf are you doing at a hotel or club at 2am on a Monday night.

Holy crap man, I don't even know what to say to that. Thank you for sharing it.  I know not all cops are bad, but the ones that are can really mess someone's life up.

And as for the bolded, amen.  We wouldn't even be talking about any of this if he stopped putting himself in these kinds of situations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why do we always have players that make the Headlines! Are these guys still bush league! Maybe MB needs to hire a relationship manager!    Also heard that  Big Ben Rottenberger may retire ! 35 years old an washed up !
Who Dey  
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 05:27 PM)junglefever67 Wrote: Why do we always have players that make the Headlines! Are these guys still bush league! Maybe MB needs to hire a relationship manager!    Also heard that  Big Ben Rottenberger may retire ! 35 years old an washed up !
Who Dey  

Not always.  Not even often.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
All I can say is this, this is nothing new for Adam Jones. Whether he's cut or stays, something will happen again. He surrounds himself with the wrong element. I'm not strictly talking about people. He continuously puts himself in bad situations. He hasn't learned and honestly doesn't seem to want to learn.

I wanted him gone after the playoff game, but the Bengals felt it was better to re-sign him. Now, I highly doubt Brown will cut him because there will be dead money. Brown doesn't like to pay players to begin with*, he damn sure doesn't want to pay one any type of money for nothing.

* = Let's be honest. The reason we do what we do is because it's cheaper.
Reply/Quote
Fact that he isn't already cut shows you the backbone this team has. He'll be starting next year
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 05:13 PM)TKUHL Wrote: To be fair there are some asshole cops out there. When i was young and stupid, I was riding back from a bar with friends when a couple friends in the car started fighting so i got out. I tried to call a cab from a pay phone (no cell phone back in the day) but kept getting a busy signal, got pissed and slammed the receiver down and started my long drunkin walk to Dent from Price hill where I got out. I got several blocks up the road when a cop stops to question me and about the phone. Someone called and said I was being loud and broke a pay phone. I told the cops that i was just upset cause i couldnt get a cab and hung the phone up with some anger. They had me get in the car and ride back to the pay phone to see if it was damaged, we looked at it and i told them i was sorry, that I was just upset and said see the phone is fine, their exact words were, so what were gonna take you to jail anyway, i asked for what, they said because they feel like it. So then of course they got me with disorderly conduct cause i was pissed and calling them every name in the book on my way to the justice center. When I got there about 4 cops took me in a cell and said, there are no cameras in here, took out their sticks and beat the shit out of me.

Another time I was walking home from a bar that was pretty close to my house and I wouldnt drink and drive, and a cop stopped me because I look really young for my age, he asked what i was doing out after curfew, I told him I was 22 so he ran my name etc. Well turns out an old friend of mine used my name somehow when he stole a car and never showed for court. I tried to tell the cop that it was not me but he didnt believe me so yup off to jail I went. I was arrested 2 more times for what an old friend did but i couldnt prove anything cause at the time I didnt know who used my name. Later I heard from some other friends who it was that used my name just in time for a court case, I showed up and wouldnt you know it, got arrested again, they didnt want to hear anything about what i found out. So im sitting in my cell pissed off beyond belief when someone comes up and says they have a description of the person who stole the car and commited the other crimes, they said well this cant be you, you dont have brown eyes, black hair, etc etc. WTF why couldnt they do this sooner. So they let me go but by now awww i have a record. I have a record for doing nothing. Oh wait it gets better.

So a few years go by and me and my girlfriend are splitting up, turns out she was cheating on me with someone else in the apartment building. So im moving my things out putting them in storage till I figure shit out and well I slipped in storage, tried to catch myself by grabing the metal rail on the wall when it nearly cuts my finger off. I go back to the apartment to clean it up only to realize I need stitches so I go to the hospital. In the meantime the couple living in the apartment next to mine are fighting and cops are called. When they show up, the guy answers the door (whom I dont like cause he's a dick) and tells the cops that it wasent them, that they must have the wrong apartment, so they see the blood going to mine and yup you guessed it, they come to the damn hospital and arrest me, before I can even get treated. So they hold me till court on Monday, in the meantime I still have a makeshift bandage around my hand, cut is infected, they do nothing for it. I go to court Monday and my brother-in-law showed up to explain to the judge what happen cause he was helping me move. Well my Ex dosent show, so the Judge dosent want to hear my brother-in-law at all, sets my bail at 50k 50 freakin k cause of course i have record now, 50k and thats the 10% untill he hears the story frommy Ex in person. It took them 2 weeks after she went down to talk to the judge to get me out. Now my damn nerves in my hand are dead, open wound healed cannot reconect nerves, cant play the damn guitar anymore, all this BS for things I didnt do. Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sorry kinda got on a rant there, So I moved to the country and everything has been fine since. So my advice to Pac Man is, just STOP putting yourself in situations where stupid shit like this can happen to you. Your a grown man with kids, wtf are you doing at a hotel or club at 2am on a Monday night.

Sorry to hear about all the shit the cops put you through. Ideally, our police, whom we pay (taxes) to protect us, should be peaceful towards us. Isn't what they're supposed to be preserving? The peace? Granted, I know many of them are. I was pulled over a couple of years ago by an Idaho State Trooper for having a headlight out. Just a couple of months ago, I got pulled over for speeding (35 in a 25 – it's a long story.) Back in Greenville, I got pulled over twice in one freaking day. I don't know. I must look Shady. 3 of the times I was pulled over, the officers could not have been nicer. Seriously. For some reason, the cops back in NC weren't rude but they were more hostile in their tone and body language. Kind of fascist, actually.   True story. My niece married a cop in a small town up in the northeast of Ohio. I sat at my late brother's table and heard that asshole say that "If I ever see a ******, I pull 'em over; just 'cuz I know they ain't got no business here."  

I guess the moral of the story is that there are major league all-star assholes out there (Pacman), in every profession. I work with more than my fair share; don't you? 

Quote:So my advice to Pac Man is, just STOP putting yourself in situations where stupid shit like this can happen to you. Your a grown man with kids, wtf are you doing at a hotel or club at 2am on a Monday night.

That's great advice. I couldn't agree more. WTF, indeed!!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:22 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'll bet he starts the season for us

Yeah, I'd bet that too. I will also take it a step further and say I would bet Adam starts week 1 before they resign Kirkpatrick.

They have two 1st round CBs still on contract in Dennard and WJIII, they will go with the cheaper Adam Jones option over the more

expensive option of signing Dre Kirkpatrick long term, and then use Dennard WJIII for #2 and Nickel corner spots.
Reply/Quote
How is Pacman going to start the season for us when he is going to be suspended? lol

I mean that's a given.

The only question is for how long.

And i'm thinking long.

Perhaps forever.

Reply/Quote
I have to admit that I am somewhat surprised the Bengals have not taken action (not because they want to, but because they were forced to). This video, plus him spitting on the nurse/corrections officer. It just looks really bad for the organization... and his attorney can give as many "Adam has respect for law enforcement" statements as he wants, but it is abundantly clear that Pacman has no respect for anyone.

Regardless, Goodell needs to suspend him for a very long time.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have to admit that I am somewhat surprised the Bengals have not taken action (not because they want to, but because they were forced to).  This video, plus him spitting on the nurse/corrections officer.  It just looks really bad for the organization... and his attorney can give as many "Adam has respect for law enforcement" statements as he wants, but it is abundantly clear that Pacman has no respect for anyone.

There's two reasons, in my opinion, as to why we haven't released Pacman.

First, Mike Brown is all about giving 2nd, 3rd, 4th....18th chances to players. So he may very well be all about letting Pacman get away with another incident. Secondly, Mike Brown is a business man and is trying to reduce leverage for Dre K's agent. If we release Pacman, then Brown will expect Dre's agent to ask for the Brink's truck to be backed up to the stadium.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's two reasons, in my opinion, as to why we haven't released Pacman.

First, Mike Brown is all about giving 2nd, 3rd, 4th....18th chances to players. So he may very well be all about letting Pacman get away with another incident. Secondly, Mike Brown is a business man and is trying to reduce leverage for Dre K's agent. If we release Pacman, then Brown will expect Dre's agent to ask for the Brink's truck to be backed up to the stadium.

I hear what you're saying, but this is him saying that he hopes a cop dies.  In the world of public relations, this just looks really bad.  That said, I also understand that Mike Brown could not care less about PR or what anyone thinks...
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:07 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: How is Pacman going to start the season for us when he is going to be suspended? lol

I mean that's a given.

The only question is for how long.

And i'm thinking long.

Perhaps forever.

Yep.  Seems like he's been on zero tolerance for a while.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's two reasons, in my opinion, as to why we haven't released Pacman.

If we're all convinced that he's bound to be suspended, DreK's agent started thinking the same thing the night it happened, which is when the price went up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 05:16 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I have to admit that I am somewhat surprised the Bengals have not taken action (not because they want to, but because they were forced to).  This video, plus him spitting on the nurse/corrections officer.  It just looks really bad for the organization... and his attorney can give as many "Adam has respect for law enforcement" statements as he wants, but it is abundantly clear that Pacman has no respect for anyone.

He's gotten to a place where, if he's pushed in any way, he explodes.  And this is on the field too.  He can't be counted on to keep his cool.  How many times does he have to keep proving that?    Where I come from, they say he has lost his ***** mind. 

How many kicks did Nugent have to miss?  Both symptoms of the sickness in the building.  And this is why we know what should be done but we don't know what will.  With these guys, you just never can tell.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2017, 06:25 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I hear what you're saying, but this is him saying that he hopes a cop dies.  In the world of public relations, this just looks really bad.  That said, I also understand that Mike Brown could not care less about PR or what anyone thinks...

Yup

And then when you figure in the 3 most important things to Mikey, the money, and the money, and then the money factor. He's not going to do anything no matter how bad it hurts PR until he can see which way is the cheapest option ? If it happens to be bringing him back at mid season (after the suspension) that's what Mike will do.
Reply/Quote
If they want to cut Jones, this is the draft to do so. There will be some 2-3 round CB's (I know yall hate taking cb's early but I stand with the more the merrier folks). That will be able to step in and play.

Cut him, save the 6m cap and hopefully that frees up enough to re-sign Z (along with Whit and Dre).

I agree with the posters who said it won't happen until (unless) Dre is locked up.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2017, 10:40 AM)Earendil Wrote: Holy crap man, I don't even know what to say to that. Thank you for sharing it.  I know not all cops are bad, but the ones that are can really mess someone's life up.

And as for the bolded, amen.  We wouldn't even be talking about any of this if he stopped putting himself in these kinds of situations.

Thanks, It was fun trying to explain my "rap sheet" to HR when I started a new job. It's like a bad credit report that haunts you the rest of your life. But at some point you have to just own up to it guilty or not and reposition your life style to avoid getting yourself in situations where things like that can happen. In my case I moved and so far so good. Although my luck has always been so bad to where it could be raining pu@$y and i'll get hit with a d*^k, sometimes its not just bad luck but bad judgement and someday Pac Man will realize that he needs to make some changes for the better.
Reply/Quote
If they cut Jones, they'll still have to pay him. If the league suspends him, I do believe the Bengals would not have to pay him. I'm not 100% sure on all the finer points of the CBA, but I would guess that part of the reason the Bengals haven't done anything is the possibility of the league just doing it for them and saving them the money and headache.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 12:51 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If they cut Jones, they'll still have to pay him. If the league suspends him, I do believe the Bengals would not have to pay him. I'm not 100% sure on all the finer points of the CBA, but I would guess that part of the reason the Bengals haven't done anything is the possibility of the league just doing it for them and saving them the money and headache.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/adam-pacman-jones-4983/

Jones' 2017 cap hit is $7,666,666.

If they cut him they don't have to pay him his 2017 base salary of $6.3 million.  The signing bonus has already been paid, but if they cut him before June 1st the 2017 cap hit (dead money) is $1.3 million and $666K after June 1st.  I'm not positive, but I believe if he is still with the team come June first they would have already paid him his $500K roster bonus and $200K workout bonus if he participated.  So I think the cap hit is the same whether they cut him now and not pay the roster and workout bonuses or after June 1st when he has already collected the roster and workout bonus.

Long story short, the Bengals save approximately $6 million by cutting him.  That's $6 million which could be used to re-sign Kirkpatrick or Zeitler or sign a FA.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 01:17 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/adam-pacman-jones-4983/

Jones' 2017 cap hit is $7,666,666.

If they cut him they don't have to pay him his 2017 base salary of $6.3 million.  The signing bonus has already been paid, but if they cut him before June 1st the 2017 cap hit (dead money) is $1.3 million and $666K after June 1st.  I'm not positive, but I believe if he is still with the team come June first they would have already paid him his $500K roster bonus and $200K workout bonus if he participated.  So I think the cap hit is the same whether they cut him now and not pay the roster and workout bonuses or after June 1st when he has already collected the roster and workout bonus.

Long story short, the Bengals save approximately $6 million by cutting him.  That's $6 million which could be used to re-sign Kirkpatrick or Zeitler or sign a FA.

Right on, wasn't sure about all the numbers but I thought from previous issues with players that a suspension from the league would result in not having any dead money, especially if the league finally says enough is enough and just puts him out for good.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote