Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
(01-24-2017, 02:08 PM)McC Wrote: This is the very definition of enabling.  And we're not talking about a guy's isolated incident.  We're talking about a repeat offender.  And if you don't think he represents the city(Cincinnati Bengals, in case you forgot), well, I don't know what to tell you.  We're talking about a man given a dozen "second chances" who can't stop himself from being an idiot and never will.   This won't be the last time.  This is just the next time, with more to follow.   You can count on that.

That's not the definition of enabling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling   Not... even... close.

What I have stated was that if the guy broke the law and is going to be charged with any sort of serious crime and receive jail time then he should be charged, tried, and convicted. Or fined, which is more likely as this offense in the scope of law breaking and disturbances is incredibly minor. I'm not sure a fine for a minor, common offense is warrant enough to fire someone.

I will copy and paste my response from a few posts back about athletes (and, specifically pacman) actually representing a city and any long term negative connotations.....

- He represents the city of Cincinnati no more than does any other guy working in the city. He's not even from there. He's not a product of there. He is living and working in Cincy for a few years. End of story. Once he's gone nobody is going to look at or reference the city. They will mention the Bengals and associate him with that. Yeah, they're the Cincinnati Bengals, I get that, but the players are there during a season and then they move away. Think about it, nobody associates Chris Henry with the actual city of Cincinnati or it's residents. Perhaps hard core football fans. That's a small small small section of fans in general, nor does it represent any significant portion of the general population. It just doesn't.

Does anybody.... ANYBODY look at the Panthers and associate them with Rae Carruth in a negative light as if they are culpable for his murdering his pregnant girlfriend? Or do they associate Rae Carruth with the state of North Carolina or Charlotte? Of course they don't. Does anyone associate Pacman Jones with the city and citizens or city of Dallas, TX? NOPE. What about the Titans, the state of TN, or the city of Nashville? NOPE. And he did WAY WAY WAY worse things when involved with both of those organizations. When he moves on, whether by being cut or retirement, so will any negative talks about him and the city of Cincinnati.

People around the US in general do NOT care enough about sports to hear, care, or understand what happened in a bar in Cincinnati between Adam Jones and a bouncer or cop. YOU might think they do because you're a superfan on a message board, but normal people don't.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:35 PM)PDub80 Wrote: That's not the definition of enabling. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enabling   Not... even... close.

What I have stated was that if the guy broke the law and is going to be charged with any sort of serious crime and receive jail time then he should be charged, tried, and convicted. Or fined, which is more likely as this offense in the scope of law breaking and disturbances is incredibly minor. I'm not sure a fine for a minor, common offense is warrant enough to fire someone.

I will copy and paste my response from a few posts back about athletes (and, specifically pacman) actually representing a city and any long term negative connotations.....

- He represents the city of Cincinnati no more than does any other guy working in the city. He's not even from there. He's not a product of there. He is living and working in Cincy for a few years. End of story. Once he's gone nobody is going to look at or reference the city. They will mention the Bengals and associate him with that. Yeah, they're the Cincinnati Bengals, I get that, but the players are there during a season and then they move away. Think about it, nobody associates Chris Henry with the actual city of Cincinnati or it's residents. Perhaps hard core football fans. That's a small small small section of fans in general, nor does it represent any significant portion of the general population. It just doesn't.

Does anybody.... ANYBODY look at the Panthers and associate them with Rae Carruth in a negative light as if they are culpable for his murdering his pregnant girlfriend? Or do they associate Rae Carruth with the state of North Carolina or Charlotte? Of course they don't. Does anyone associate Pacman Jones with the city and citizens or city of Dallas, TX? NOPE. What about the Titans, the state of TN, or the city of Nashville? NOPE. And he did WAY WAY WAY worse things when involved with both of those organizations. When he moves on, whether by being cut or retirement, so will any negative talks about him and the city of Cincinnati.

People around the US in general do NOT care enough about sports to hear, care, or understand what happened in a bar in Cincinnati between Adam Jones and a bouncer or cop. YOU might think they do because you're a superfan on a message board, but normal people don't.

You didn't need to repeat yourself.  I saw how goofy it was the first.  People like him need people like you around him to allow him to keep on being an idiot.  That's enabling, no matter how you slice it.  Pull your head out of your ass and you will see that he does represent the city.  You can't be dense enough not to know that, can you?   He's scum and by association makes scum of the whole organization just by being on the team. 

And doesn't the simple fact that no one agrees with you suggest anything to you?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:51 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: They won't cut him because there is still a long time until the draft and this will blow over.

Its not going to blow over because of the impending suspension. Were gonna talk about it until the league renders a verdict.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:54 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Hey, man, if you want to appoint yourself moral police for Pacman Jones, go for it. To counter your points...

- He represents the city of Cincinnati no more than does any other guy working in the city. He's not even from there. He's not a product of there. He is living and working in Cincy for a few years. End of story. Once he's gone, nobody is going to look at or reference the city. They will mention the Bengals and associate him with that. Yeah, they're the Cincinnati Bengals, I get that, but the players are there during a season and then they move away. Think about it, nobody associates Chris Henry with the actual city of Cincinnati or it's residents. Perhaps hard core football fans. That's a small small small section of fans in general, nor does it represent any significant portion of the general population. It just doesn't.

- It's his personal business that he got arrested. There are no long term repercussions from his actions. Nobody lost anything (property, injury, etc.). He embarrassed himself. Thousands of people in the US do stuff like that every week and nobody cares. They (usually) get to go back to their jobs the next day. I differentiate him getting into it with a security guard he's having direct, personal interaction with and someone being a thug to random strangers, robbing people at gun point, or selling drugs. He was drunk at a bar and got into it with a security guard. That happens all over. Joey Porter did the same thing. Charges dropped. It's too minor and too common for the court to bother with. Same thing will happen here.

- People often times say moronic stuff to police when they get arrested. To not understand or admit that is well... equally moronic. There are 10's of thousands of videos on youtube of people doing this. There are thousands of videos of cops saying and doing stupid things to people while being arrested as well. It can be an emotionally charged event for all parties involved.... especially when under the influence of alcohol. To throw your hands up in the air in a "I can't believe this. This is unfathomable!" kind of way is sensationalizing and dramatic.

- Bringing up the wild card game is childish and shows a lack of perspective between sports and real life. Relating what he did on a football field to him being angry at a bouncer at a bar isn't rational. Could he be a hothead? Sure. Probably. But a year ago on a football field and what happened that night in that bar have zero to do with each other unless someone talked junk at him and set him off. In which case good. At least he cares.

I'm in no way justifying his actions or defending them. I am saying that just because he plays football doesn't mean he should be treated any differently than any other drunk guy getting into a scuffle with a night club doorman (or whatever) and then yelling at the cops as he gets arrested. I don't hold athletes to any sort of higher standard when it comes to misdemeanor BS.

Chris Henry has a long list of public incidents and he has only played for one NFL team. Being on an NFL team in Cincy brings you more exposure than working as a banker in Cincy. Athletes are celebs and get paid lots of money because people are willing to throw oodles of cash at the NFL. If people are willing to spend their hard earned money on professional sports to extent that we do in this country it no doubt puts athletes up on a pedestal which raises their status in society. Entertainment is king in the USA. Just simply saying nobody associates Chris Henry with the city of Cincy doesn't make it true. You said nothing to back that up. If that is the case why do people still refer to Bengals as criminals even though are arrest numbers have dropped drastically since the days of Henry? It's because that stigma hasn't been dropped because of what Henry and others caused. Look at the comment section to the link I gave there are people commenting that...

"Anyone surprised that this guy has the Cowboys on his resume?"

"Jerry Jones thinks he’s a leader"

Adam Jones had a brief stint with Dallas and yet people still mock Dallas for it.

Just because you choose not to associate pro athletes with the city they play in doesn't mean others in society don't.

If you get arrested out in public for what he got arrested for there is no way that's personal. He wasn't sitting in his house smoking a joint he was assaulting people physically, verbally and with his bodily fluids. Just because it happens all over doesn't justify it, doesn't make it funny and it doesn't make it a personal incident.

Strictly speaking about the football team how is this not another example of what we saw during the WC game or during the Bengals vs Oakland game bashing Amari's head? If he can't keep his cool while facing the law knowing the consequences if he acted out like a fool how can we trust him to do it on the field?

Real life scenario with harsh consequences = can't keep control

Football game with football game consequences = can't keep control

One is obviously more serious than the other and he failed at both.

That's not just a coincidence that's how Jones is a as a person and why he will be a liability for this team. Most people have issues with talent but Jones issues happen to intertwine with his real life issues.
Reply/Quote
The guys a thug he's not that good. This guy should be cut by the end of the day. That's one of the reasons this team never wins. You want to work for a billion dollar organization you should act like a professional, but nobody ever said Jones was a professional.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:40 PM)McC Wrote: You didn't need to repeat yourself.  I saw how goofy it was the first.  People like him need people like you around him to allow him to keep on being an idiot.  That's enabling, no matter how you slice it.  Pull your head out of your ass and you will see that he does represent the city.  You can't be dense enough not to know that, can you?   He's scum and by association makes scum of the whole organization just by being on the team. 

And doesn't the simple fact that no one agrees with you suggest anything to you?

- It's adorable that instead of actually countering my examples with ones that disprove them you resort to petty name calling. If you can't argue my point or examples and need to change the subject I'll just take that as a white flag on your part.

- What am I allowing Adam Jones to do? I am not the police. I am not the Bengals. I am not the NFL. I have ZERO to do with what happens to Pacman Jones. Zero. Guess what... neither do you. If the Bengals or the NFL decide to move on from him, no complaints from me. That's their deal. O have zero to do with that.

- I linked to you the definition to the word enabling, yet you continue to misuse it. I don't know why you think that I would let someone who doesn't understand the definition of a word they're using... after I linked it to them.... call ME dense. You continuing to misuse a word after being given the definition of it IS, in fact, dense. At this point in our discussion is when you should realize the extreme gap in our intelligence with myself being of high IQ & EQ and you, well.... at least now you know what the word dense means. Keep working on enabling. You'll (hopefully) get it eventually. The correct word is APATHETIC. As in... I don't care as to what happens to Adam Jones in a bar or between he and a cop and a nurse. It doesn't affect me in any way.

If you can't say anything to counter my point or examples as to the idea of a troubled athlete representing a city or not please allow me to bury you further with more. After all, the best way to get through a thick (dense) skull is to keep hammering away at it.

Does anyone on the planet associate any of the following cities (or it's citizens) in any meaningful, measurable way to have been negatively impacted with changes to morality, revenue, population, or public perception? Any negative impact measured when it comes to tourism, commerce, business, jobs, etc. etc.?

- Atlanta with Michael Vick's Dog Fighting? NO
- Chicago (Dallas, or Cincinnati) with Tank Johnson's guns? NO
- Charlotte or Dallas with Greg Hardy's domestic violence? NO
- Denver with Brandon Marshall's domestic violence? NO
- Centerville, OH (or the Bengals) with Justin Smith's DUI? NO
- Miami with Chad Johnson's headbutt of a woman? NO
- Pittsburgh with Joey Porter's MULTIPLE arrests? NO
- Baltimore with Ray Rice's domestic Violence? NO
- Cleveland with Donte Stallworth and manslaughter? NO
- Cincinnati with Chris Henry? NO

And on and on and on.

Sarcasm  I'm sure there have been thousands of people taking a stand and cancelling their vacation plans to Miami, FL because Chad Johnson once headbutted his reality TV star wife while under contract with the Dolphins.  Sarcasm I bet the next CFO P&G or Kroger tries to hire will turn it down because HELL NO they won't move to Cincinnati. That's where Pacman Jones once got arrested for poking a security officer.

^ Do you see how dramatic, extreme, and stupid that line of thinking is? ^

A single, or even group of, professional athlete(s) getting arrested, tried, or even convicted of murder (Rae Carruth) has never once, in the history of the world affected the city that the town resides in.

Now, if you want to bring up institutional problems, fine. There's an argument there. The case of Penn State and Jerry Sandusky is the most devastating thing to ever happen to a school or sports program. THAT had an impact. They've basically recovered just fine. And, guess what..... So will the Bengals from Pacman Jones. One way or the other.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:17 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why would you think that based on the Bengal's past history with not only him, but the rest of the players on their team? 

Players in this organization are given chance after chance. 

I would say its more likely than not that he isnt cut. I dont give this organization the benefit of the doubt anymore. 

This. This organization won't do the right thing here. I will be shocked if he's cut. He should be. But he won't be. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:26 PM)PDub80 Wrote: - It's adorable that instead of actually countering my examples with ones that disprove them you resort to petty name calling. If you can't argue my point or examples and need to change the subject I'll just take that as a white flag on your part.

- What am I allowing Adam Jones to do? I am not the police. I am not the Bengals. I am not the NFL. I have ZERO to do with what happens to Pacman Jones. Zero. Guess what... neither do you. If the Bengals or the NFL decide to move on from him, no complaints from me. That's their deal. O have zero to do with that.

- I linked to you the definition to the word enabling, yet you continue to misuse it. I don't know why you think that I would let someone who doesn't understand the definition of a word they're using... after I linked it to them.... call ME dense. You continuing to misuse a word after being given the definition of it IS, in fact, dense. At this point in our discussion is when you should realize the extreme gap in our intelligence with myself being of high IQ & EQ and you, well.... at least now you know what the word dense means. Keep working on enabling. You'll (hopefully) get it eventually. The correct word is APATHETIC. As in... I don't care as to what happens to Adam Jones in a bar or between he and a cop and a nurse. It doesn't affect me in any way.

If you can't say anything to counter my point or examples as to the idea of a troubled athlete representing a city or not please allow me to bury you further with more. After all, the best way to get through a thick (dense) skull is to keep hammering away at it.

Does anyone on the planet associate any of the following cities (or it's citizens) in any meaningful, measurable way to have been negatively impacted with changes to morality, revenue, population, or public perception? Any negative impact measured when it comes to tourism, commerce, business, jobs, etc. etc.?

- Atlanta with Michael Vick's Dog Fighting? NO
- Chicago (Dallas, or Cincinnati) with Tank Johnson's guns? NO
- Charlotte or Dallas with Greg Hardy's domestic violence? NO
- Denver with Brandon Marshall's domestic violence? NO
- Centerville, OH (or the Bengals) with Justin Smith's DUI? NO
- Miami with Chad Johnson's headbutt of a woman? NO
- Pittsburgh with Joey Porter's MULTIPLE arrests? NO
- Baltimore with Ray Rice's domestic Violence? NO
- Cleveland with Donte Stallworth and manslaughter? NO
- Cincinnati with Chris Henry? NO

And on and on and on.

Sarcasm  I'm sure there have been thousands of people taking a stand and cancelling their vacation plans to Miami, FL because Chad Johnson once headbutted his reality TV star wife while under contract with the Dolphins.  Sarcasm I bet the next CFO P&G or Kroger tries to hire will turn it down because HELL NO they won't move to Cincinnati. That's where Pacman Jones once got arrested for poking a security officer.

^ Do you see how dramatic, extreme, and stupid that line of thinking is? ^

A single, or even group of, professional athlete(s) getting arrested, tried, or even convicted of murder (Rae Carruth) has never once, in the history of the world affected the city that the town resides in.

Now, if you want to bring up institutional problems, fine. There's an argument there. The case of Penn State and Jerry Sandusky is the most devastating thing to ever happen to a school or sports program. THAT had an impact. They've basically recovered just fine. And, guess what..... So will the Bengals from Pacman Jones. One way or the other.

Enabling is allowing or even helping a person to continue destructive behavior instead of stepping in to stop it, condemning it or, at the very least, walking away from it. 

You want an unrepentant scumbag asshole who has become a loose cannon on and off the field on the team.  I don't.  We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I don't really believe that you believe this crap you're spewing anyway.  It defies logic and looks for all the word like trolling.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 02:45 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Chris Henry has a long list of public incidents and he has only played for one NFL team. Being on an NFL team in Cincy brings you more exposure than working as a banker in Cincy. Athletes are celebs and get paid lots of money because people are willing to throw oodles of cash at the NFL. If people are willing to spend their hard earned money on professional sports to extent that we do in this country it no doubt puts athletes up on a pedestal which raises their status in society. Entertainment is king in the USA. Just simply saying nobody associates Chris Henry with the city of Cincy doesn't make it true. You said nothing to back that up. If that is the case why do people still refer to Bengals as criminals even though are arrest numbers have dropped drastically since the days of Henry? It's because that stigma hasn't been dropped because of what Henry and others caused. Look at the comment section to the link I gave there are people commenting that...

"Anyone surprised that this guy has the Cowboys on his resume?"

"Jerry Jones thinks he’s a leader"

Adam Jones had a brief stint with Dallas and yet people still mock Dallas for it.

Just because you choose not to associate pro athletes with the city they play in doesn't mean others in society don't.

If you get arrested out in public for what he got arrested for there is no way that's personal. He wasn't sitting in his house smoking a joint he was assaulting people physically, verbally and with his bodily fluids. Just because it happens all over doesn't justify it, doesn't make it funny and it doesn't make it a personal incident.

Strictly speaking about the football team how is this not another example of what we saw during the WC game or during the Bengals vs Oakland game bashing Amari's head? If he can't keep his cool while facing the law knowing the consequences if he acted out like a fool how can we trust him to do it on the field?

Real life scenario with harsh consequences = can't keep control

Football game with football game consequences = can't keep control

One is obviously more serious than the other and he failed at both.

That's not just a coincidence that's how Jones is a as a person and why he will be a liability for this team. Most people have issues with talent but Jones issues happen to intertwine with his real life issues.

I 100% understand to a degree what you're saying, but I disagree with the impact of all of this.

They refer to the Bengals as criminals, but not the CITY itself. And, frankly, what else is soemone going to say to talk trash at the Bengals? People still call the Bengals Bungles and there's no reason for that, either. There's a difference between general trash talking and the effects felt from these things. People haven't stopped watching the Bengals or going to the games because of anything any athlete has done inside or outside of the city. It just hasn't negatively impacted anything of consequence.

Adam Jones played for the Cowboys once, yet the city still got to host the 2011 Superbowl. People went. It sold out. Nobody was negatively affected.

If Adam Jones is arrested, convicted, etc. of a crime that is worthy of him being fired or suspended, he will be. But we don't have all of the information. Maybe it's better than what has been reported. Maybe it's worse. I think there could be more to it... or not. Either way, I don't see how it negatviely is a black eye on the city. If anything, something like Joey Porter being let go is a negative on a city. The arrested Jones and will deal with it appropriately.

if he stays on the Bengals then people will make fun and talk trash. Who cares? Every FL team has stuff like this happen on their roster. Minor BS stuff like this, in MY opinion, doesn't really matter. If Jones was found fighting animals or sexually abusing people and it was swept under the rug I would think that THAT would be a negative on the city and team. Not drunken BS like what he was arrested for.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:05 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: He also got into a fight with the people Dallas hired to babysit him. No charges though. 

Pac man currently makes up 40% of the arrests records for the Bengals since 2011. One player almost makes up for half your off the field issues.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:38 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Pac man currently makes up 40% of the arrests records for the Bengals since 2011. One player almost makes up for half your off the field issues.

And they put up with it because he defended 40% of the passes*.

* Note: not an actual statistic. Adam Jones may have defended more or less passes. Not to be read while driving. Use of this statistic may cause influenza, rash, sticky ear syndrome, constipation, erectile dysfunction and other conditions.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:41 PM)Benton Wrote: And they put up with it because he defended 40% of the passes*.

* Note: not an actual statistic. Adam Jones may have defended more or less passes. Not to be read while driving. Use of this statistic may cause influenza, rash, sticky ear syndrome, constipation, erectile dysfunction and other conditions.

Ya but,

He's still one of the major slices of the pie that contributes to this teams total lack of discipline on the field - which contributes to the folding in the big games.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I just don't really care that much.

People say stupid crap when they get arrested. People say stupid crap when they are drunk. People say even stupider crap when they are drunk at the time of arrest. He didn't threaten to murder the cop or threaten injury to him. He dropped some classic guy-who-thinks-he's-a-big-deal lines and went to the clank for a few nights. Whoopdy do.

Adam Jones doesn't represent me, nor does he represent the city of Cincinnati (at least not in my opinion). He plays football. Who cares if he gets into it with a nightclub security guard and spouts off nonsense while being arrested? Is he the first guy to talk shit at a cop or spit while being arrested? Pffffft! That's none of my business as to what goes on in his personal life. If he was out actually beating women, kids, animals, destroying property, and actually causing damage to others lock him up. This misdemeanor BS is just that.

This doesn't get wiped out due to the bikes to the kids, nor do the bikes to the kids get wiped out due to him having a stupid night. Even though I've NEVER had a sip of booze, done drugs, been arrested, etc. I still understand that people act like morons and I'm not going to morally hold them to any standards above what the law does. Nothing significant is going to happen to him in the courts. If the Bengals cut him, great... $6.3m for them to spend better. If they don't, he still is a viable CB. Either way, it influences my fandom ZERO.

I think crap like this is hilarious to laugh at. Same deal with "Jerry" Porter. I laughed at that, too. These types of arrests and blowups happen to probably a thousand people every night across the US. Thinking some of these guys are different than any regular idiot isn't reasonable.

The NFL cares, which is why they are asked to sign something called a code of conduct. In it, it reads:

Quote:Standard of Conduct: While criminal activity is clearly outside the scope of permissible conduct, and persons who engage in criminal activity will be subject to discipline, the standard of conduct for persons employed in the NFL is considerably higher. It is not enough simply to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful. Persons who fail to live up to this standard of conduct are guilty of conduct detrimental and subject to discipline, even where the conduct itself does not result in conviction of a crime. Discipline may be imposed in any of the following circumstances: • Criminal offenses including, but not limited to, those involving: the use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering; • Criminal offenses relating to steroids and prohibited substances, or substances of abuse; • Violent or threatening behavior among employees, whether in or outside the workplace; • Possession of a gun or other weapon in any workplace setting, including but not limited to stadiums, team facilities, training camp, locker rooms, team planes, buses, parking lots, etc., or unlawful possession of a weapon outside of the workplace; • Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person; and • Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
A thug is a thug is a thug. 

Cut the thug and move on. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Ya but,

He's still one of the major slices of the pie that contributes to this teams total lack of discipline on the field - which contributes to the folding in the big games.

No disagreement from me. I'm mostly just poking fun at Pacman. Mainly because it's a message board and on the remote chance he reads this, the reality of him finding the person who made fun of him (me) is very, very slim.

In seriousness, it's time to part ways with him. We were supposed to have a youth movement at corner this season (at least I'm guessing that's the plan with all the high corner picks in recent years). Instead, we had a bowel movement on the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:54 PM)Benton Wrote: No disagreement from me. I'm mostly just poking fun at Pacman. Mainly because it's a message board and on the remote chance he reads this, the reality of him finding the person who made fun of him (me) is very, very slim.

In seriousness, it's time to part ways with him. We were supposed to have a youth movement at corner this season (at least I'm guessing that's the plan with all the high corner picks in recent years). Instead, we had a bowel movement on the field.

Oh I C

Gawd I can only hope Mikey and Marvin read this forum.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:53 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: The NFL cares, which is why they are asked to sign something called a code of conduct. In it, it reads:

Look, I'm not saying that what Adam Jones did is something that is OK. I'm saying that I don't care. It didn't morally offend me. Him telling a cop that he hopes he dies is not shocking to me. I'm sure a lot of people drunkenly say dumb shit to cops all the time while being arrested.

If the Bengals cut him or the NFL suspended him I would be happy. Not because of the arrest. That was pretty minor, IMO. But because of the cap money saved.

In response to your code of conduct.... Players violate that all the time and nothing happens to them.

Which is a worse black eye on an organization or a city... Pacman's latest arrest and behavior, or Roethlisberger's multiple rape allegations without an arrest?

I think that what Ben did was MUCH worse in regards to a black eye on an organization and city. Yet never an arrest, cut, or even a suspension even though it's in total violation of the league policy you linked.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I've seen enough.....time to cut bait.  Even a rat knows when it's time to abandon ship.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 03:15 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: The guys a thug he's not that good. This guy should be cut by the end of the day. That's one of the reasons this team never wins. You want to work for a billion dollar organization you should act like a professional, but nobody ever said Jones was a professional.

Wrong, he's still pretty good for being an over 30 corner. He'd be starting on a number of NFL rosters if he hadn't almost worn out his welcome.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 04:11 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Wrong, he's still pretty good for being an over 30 corner. He'd be starting on a number of NFL rosters if he hadn't almost worn out his welcome.

He was still pretty good but he wasn't as good as previous years and the odds say that is a trend that will continue.  Also, he flat out lost it as a returner.  And now this.  Hard to find a reason to keep him.

Reply/Quote