Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman Jones To Police “I hope you die . . . You’re gonna be out of a job”
The right thing to do is to cut him. But sometimes doing the right thing isn't always in the best interest of the team.

We wont cut him, he'll serve his 4 game suspension, and play for us next year. However I cant see him being resigned here.

After this i'll never back up this dude gain, I just want him to do his job, play out his contract and be rid of him.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:15 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't see any way possible they can keep him. They will wait this out a little longer since his court case
 is coming up, and they can still cut him before free agency starts. But I think there's a 0.1% chance he's here next year. 

The prosecutor has already hinted he is not about to really do much, so no reason to wait. If the Bengals wanted to they would have cut him already, my guess is they had already heard this audio before we did (NFL Security teams are connected). They are going to ride the PR storm out and let it die out.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:17 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why would you think that based on the Bengal's past history with not only him, but the rest of the players on their team? 

Players in this organization are given chance after chance. 

I would say its more likely than not that he isnt cut. I dont give this organization the benefit of the doubt anymore. 

Because they rewarded him with contract, the C on his jersey, and suppose to be role model for the rookies. I just don't see how they can be fine with this and all the other stuff he's done. It's not a second chance anymore, and his cap hit and dead money if he's cut make it even easier. That and the message it sends. After a certain time, you have to show the balls to do this, and this seems so fitting to do it with.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 10:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: The prosecutor has already hinted he is not about to really do much, so no reason to wait. If the Bengals wanted to they would have cut him already, my guess is they had already heard this audio before we did (NFL Security teams are connected). They are going to ride the PR storm out and let it die out.

They will let the legal process play out first. Like my post above stated, I just do not see how they can turn a blind eye to this. If they do, it'll be very troubling for me. It makes way to much sense to do it, so I guess they may not. Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:23 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: They will let the legal process play out first. Like my post above stated, I just do not see how they can turn a blind eye to this. If they do, it'll be very troubling for me. It makes way to much sense to do it, so I guess they may not. Lol

What's there to wait on? Charges aside the behavior in the car is not what he's on trial for but it is enough to cut a guy. They simply give too many second chances.
Reply/Quote
I doubt they cut him with Kirkpatrick a free agent. The right thing to do is to cut him.

If they did cut him...they'd probably have to tag Kirkpatrick.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:15 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Because they rewarded him with contract, the C on his jersey, and suppose to be role model for the rookies. I just don't see how they can be fine with this and all the other stuff he's done. It's not a second chance anymore, and his cap hit and dead money if he's cut make it even easier. That and the message it sends. After a certain time, you have to show the balls to do this, and this seems so fitting to do it with.

You realize they gave him all of that after the third time he was arrested, right? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You realize they gave him all of that after the third time he was arrested, right? 

And after his critical personal foul in a playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 11:40 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You realize they gave him all of that after the third time he was arrested, right? 

Crap, it was three times, wasn't it? I forgot about the one in 11... Shit, after looking more into it, he's been arrested more than I even thought
Reply/Quote
Gets even worse when you look at everything. Even more reason to do so, right?

6/10/2013 CIN Adam Jones CB Arrested Assault Accused of punching a woman outside a Cincinnati bar on June 5. It is his eighth run-in with the law since 2005. Resolution undetermined.

7/10/2011 CIN Adam Jones CB Arrested Alcohol Accused of disorderly conduct while intoxicated and resisting arrest at bar in Cincinnati. Resolution undetermined.

6/21/2007 TEN Adam Jones CB Charged Coercion, gun Surrended in Las Vegas, charged with felony coercion in connection to strip club shooting that paralyzed a man. Pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct, agreed to testify against gunman.

10/26/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Cited Assault Accused of spitting in a woman's face at Nashville nightclub. Charge dropped because of inconsistent testimony.

8/25/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Arrested Public intoxication Accused of being drunk, shouting profanities and arguing with a woman outside club in Tennessee. Charges dropped on the condition he stays out trouble for six months.

3/23/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Charged Drugs Accused of smoking marijuana after he emerged from Corvette reeking of marijuana. Officers were serving a warrant on his home in Georgia. Charge dropped.

2/6/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Arrested Drugs Accused of throwing a punch at an officer and marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Ga. He had been in his parked Bentley. Pleaded no contest to obstructing police, three years of probation, $500 fine.

7/13/2005 TEN Adam Jones CB Surrendered Assault Accused of assault and vandalism after being asked to leave club in Nashville. Charges dropped after nightclub manager said he didn't want to pursue it.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:00 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Gets even worse when you look at everything. Even more reason to do so, right?

6/10/2013 CIN Adam Jones CB Arrested Assault Accused of punching a woman outside a Cincinnati bar on June 5. It is his eighth run-in with the law since 2005. Resolution undetermined.

7/10/2011 CIN Adam Jones CB Arrested Alcohol Accused of disorderly conduct while intoxicated and resisting arrest at bar in Cincinnati. Resolution undetermined.

6/21/2007 TEN Adam Jones CB Charged Coercion, gun Surrended in Las Vegas, charged with felony coercion in connection to strip club shooting that paralyzed a man. Pleaded no contest to conspiracy to commit disorderly conduct, agreed to testify against gunman.

10/26/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Cited Assault Accused of spitting in a woman's face at Nashville nightclub. Charge dropped because of inconsistent testimony.

8/25/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Arrested Public intoxication Accused of being drunk, shouting profanities and arguing with a woman outside club in Tennessee. Charges dropped on the condition he stays out trouble for six months.

3/23/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Charged Drugs Accused of smoking marijuana after he emerged from Corvette reeking of marijuana. Officers were serving a warrant on his home in Georgia. Charge dropped.

2/6/2006 TEN Adam Jones CB Arrested Drugs Accused of throwing a punch at an officer and marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Ga. He had been in his parked Bentley. Pleaded no contest to obstructing police, three years of probation, $500 fine.

7/13/2005 TEN Adam Jones CB Surrendered Assault Accused of assault and vandalism after being asked to leave club in Nashville. Charges dropped after nightclub manager said he didn't want to pursue it.

He also got into a fight with the people Dallas hired to babysit him. No charges though. 
Reply/Quote
I guess I just don't really care that much.

People say stupid crap when they get arrested. People say stupid crap when they are drunk. People say even stupider crap when they are drunk at the time of arrest. He didn't threaten to murder the cop or threaten injury to him. He dropped some classic guy-who-thinks-he's-a-big-deal lines and went to the clank for a few nights. Whoopdy do.

Adam Jones doesn't represent me, nor does he represent the city of Cincinnati (at least not in my opinion). He plays football. Who cares if he gets into it with a nightclub security guard and spouts off nonsense while being arrested? Is he the first guy to talk shit at a cop or spit while being arrested? Pffffft! That's none of my business as to what goes on in his personal life. If he was out actually beating women, kids, animals, destroying property, and actually causing damage to others lock him up. This misdemeanor BS is just that.

This doesn't get wiped out due to the bikes to the kids, nor do the bikes to the kids get wiped out due to him having a stupid night. Even though I've NEVER had a sip of booze, done drugs, been arrested, etc. I still understand that people act like morons and I'm not going to morally hold them to any standards above what the law does. Nothing significant is going to happen to him in the courts. If the Bengals cut him, great... $6.3m for them to spend better. If they don't, he still is a viable CB. Either way, it influences my fandom ZERO.

I think crap like this is hilarious to laugh at. Same deal with "Jerry" Porter. I laughed at that, too. These types of arrests and blowups happen to probably a thousand people every night across the US. Thinking some of these guys are different than any regular idiot isn't reasonable.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I just don't really care that much.

People say stupid crap when they get arrested. People say stupid crap when they are drunk. People say even stupider crap when they are drunk at the time of arrest. He didn't threaten to murder the cop or threaten injury to him. He dropped some classic guy-who-thinks-he's-a-big-deal lines and went to the clank for a few nights. Whoopdy do.

Adam Jones doesn't represent me, nor does he represent the city of Cincinnati (at least not in my opinion). He plays football. Who cares if he gets into it with a nightclub security guard and spouts off nonsense while being arrested? Is he the first guy to talk shit at a cop or spit while being arrested? Pffffft! That's none of my business as to what goes on in his personal life. If he was out actually beating women, kids, animals, destroying property, and actually causing damage to others lock him up. This misdemeanor BS is just that.

This doesn't get wiped out due to the bikes to the kids, nor do the bikes to the kids get wiped out due to him having a stupid night. Even though I've NEVER had a sip of booze, done drugs, been arrested, etc. I still understand that people act like morons and I'm not going to morally hold them to any standards above what the law does. Nothing significant is going to happen to him in the courts. If the Bengals cut him, great... $6.3m for them to spend better. If they don't, he still is a viable CB. Either way, it influences my fandom ZERO.

I think crap like this is hilarious to laugh at. Same deal with "Jerry" Porter. I laughed at that, too. These types of arrests and blowups happen to probably a thousand people every night across the US. Thinking some of these guys are different than any regular idiot isn't reasonable.

A few things...

First it's not his personal business when he is disturbing the public. That has nothing to do with the Bengals it applies to everybody. If you're out in public causing a scene, getting confrontational, telling the law they hope they will die, spitting on nurses and poking the eyes of security guards that's not your personal life that's your public life.

Second it's not a given that "people say stupid crap when they get arrested." or just simply because they're drunk. A lot of people walk on eggshells around the police or at least smart enough not to egg them on. Considering his circumstance in particular it makes him look even worse. It's not like Jones was stating a stupid opinion he was in rage mode in public. This was classic Pacman that we saw in the wildcard game unable to control himself.

Third he does represent the city of Cincinnati whether we like it or not. People in this country care way too much about sports and sports are directly associated with the city they represent. Not that it really matters because it's just a sports team but yeah he's been here long enough that people associate Pacman with the Bengals who are associated with the city of Cincinnati.

There's nothing funny about a man who has trouble getting his life in order or controlling his emotions make it worse by acting like a fool. He has put his livelihood at risk by pulling this stunt. He has a family to support.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2017, 05:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Hooker is one of those DBs that can help CB cover and is a difference maker at FS.  

Hooker reminds me of Reggie Nelson, just younger and less experienced. There's also is only one starting season of film on him.

Reply/Quote
Situations like this are a distraction to the team and an embarrassment to the organization*. This particular situation is going to get worse before it gets better, and it'll be best for it to play out in its entirety.

*I'd say it also harms the credibility of the NFL, but we all know they have no credibility left anyway.
Reply/Quote
They won't cut him because there is still a long time until the draft and this will blow over.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 01:01 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: A few things...

First it's not his personal business when he is disturbing the public. That has nothing to do with the Bengals it applies to everybody. If you're out in public causing a scene, getting confrontational, telling the law to kill themselves, spitting on nurses and poking the eyes of security guards that's not your personal life that's your public life.

Second it's not a given that "people say stupid crap when they get arrested." or just simply because they're drunk. A lot of people walk on eggshells around the police or at least smart enough not to egg them on. Considering his circumstance in particular it makes him look even worse. It's not like Jones was stating a stupid opinion he was in rage mode in public. This was classic Pacman that we saw in the wildcard game unable to control himself.

Third he does represent the city of Cincinnati whether we like it or not. People in this country care way too much about sports and sports are directly associated with the city they represent. Not that it really matters because it's just a sports team but yeah he's been here long enough that people associate Pacman with the Bengals who are associated with the city of Cincinnati.

There's nothing funny about a man who has trouble getting his life in order or controlling his emotions make it worse by acting like a fool. He has put his livelihood at risk by pulling this stunt. He has a family to support.

Hey, man, if you want to appoint yourself moral police for Pacman Jones, go for it. To counter your points...

- He represents the city of Cincinnati no more than does any other guy working in the city. He's not even from there. He's not a product of there. He is living and working in Cincy for a few years. End of story. Once he's gone, nobody is going to look at or reference the city. They will mention the Bengals and associate him with that. Yeah, they're the Cincinnati Bengals, I get that, but the players are there during a season and then they move away. Think about it, nobody associates Chris Henry with the actual city of Cincinnati or it's residents. Perhaps hard core football fans. That's a small small small section of fans in general, nor does it represent any significant portion of the general population. It just doesn't.

Does anybody.... ANYBODY look at the Panthers and associate them with Rae Carruth in a negative light as if they are culpable for his murdering his pregnant girlfriend? Or do they associate Rae Carruth with the state of North Carolina or Charlotte? Of course they don't. Does anyone associate Pacman Jones with the city and citizens or city of Dallas, TX? NOPE. What about the Titans, the state of TN, or the city of Nashville? NOPE. And he did WAY WAY WAY worse things when involved with both of those organizations. When he moves on, whether by being cut or retirement, so will any negative talks about him and the city of Cincinnati.

People around the US in general do NOT care enough about sports to hear, care, or understand what happened in a bar in Cincinnati between Adam Jones and a bouncer or cop. YOU might think they do because you're a superfan on a message board, but normal people don't.

- It's his personal business that he got arrested. There are no long term repercussions from his actions. Nobody lost anything (property, injury, etc.). He embarrassed himself. Thousands of people in the US do stuff like that every week and nobody cares. They (usually) get to go back to their jobs the next day. I differentiate him getting into it with a security guard he's having direct, personal interaction with and someone being a thug to random strangers, robbing people at gun point, or selling drugs. He was drunk at a bar and got into it with a security guard. That happens all over. Joey Porter did the same thing. Charges dropped. It's too minor and too common for the court to bother with. Same thing will happen here.

- People often times say moronic stuff to police when they get arrested. To not understand or admit that is well... equally moronic. There are 10's of thousands of videos on youtube of people doing this. There are thousands of videos of cops saying and doing stupid things to people while being arrested as well. It can be an emotionally charged event for all parties involved.... especially when under the influence of alcohol. To throw your hands up in the air in a "I can't believe this. This is unfathomable!" kind of way is sensationalizing and dramatic.

- Bringing up the wild card game is childish and shows a lack of perspective between sports and real life. Relating what he did on a football field to him being angry at a bouncer at a bar isn't rational. Could he be a hothead? Sure. Probably. But a year ago on a football field and what happened that night in that bar have zero to do with each other unless someone talked junk at him and set him off. In which case good. At least he cares.

I'm in no way justifying his actions or defending them. I am saying that just because he plays football doesn't mean he should be treated any differently than any other drunk guy getting into a scuffle with a night club doorman (or whatever) and then yelling at the cops as he gets arrested. I don't hold athletes to any sort of higher standard when it comes to misdemeanor BS.
Reply/Quote
Any adult that spits on another human being is a complete POS. If he did in fact spit on a nurse I hope he's charged with a felony.

If he's back with this team next year that will be the end of my following Mike Brown's Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 12:13 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I guess I just don't really care that much.

This is the very definition of enabling.  And we're not talking about a guy's isolated incident.  We're talking about a repeat offender.  And if you don't think he represents the city(Cincinnati Bengals, in case you forgot), well, I don't know what to tell you.  We're talking about a man given a dozen "second chances" who can't stop himself from being an idiot and never will.   This won't be the last time.  This is just the next time, with more to follow.   You can count on that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I wanted him cut after he slapped/punched that lady in the face; nothing has changed. Hell, I wanted to keep Hall over him last off-season. I was in the vast minority
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote