Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pacman will test free agent waters
But of course, he would like to stay. Knows his window for real money is pretty much this summer.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Makes sense. Pretty much his last contract
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:19 PM)jowczarski Wrote: But of course, he would like to stay. Knows his window for real money is pretty much this summer.

Wonder what kind of market he will have.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
How big of a market does he really have though?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Back to Dallas or Pittsburgh really needs a CB
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bye
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:23 PM)J24 Wrote: How big of a market does he really have though?

Cincy and Miami.

Possibly Minny, and landing spots of Guenther and Jackson if they do take HC positions.
Reply/Quote
Okay, now I'll just say it here. I alluded sometimes Taze isn't that smart. But Jones' IS just stupid. I don't really care either way. he's a good player but he's also just incredibly stupid and constantly says and does dumb things.
Reply/Quote
Good read and I hope he stays around..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Cincy and Miami.

Possibly Minny, and landing spots of Guenther and Jackson if they do take HC positions.

Lots of corner starved teams. Wouldn't doubt if division opponents called on him.

If money is similar we would prob win. Maybe VJ would make a case at Miami.

Zim has corners already.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lots of corner starved teams.   Wouldn't doubt if division opponents called on him.  

If money is similar we would prob win.   Maybe VJ would make a case at Miami.  

Zim has corners already.

Is Vance already gone?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I hope he stays, We don't have anyone to take over after he leaves.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I just don't see a huge market for a 33 year old CB, who is small, has a history of injuries, has a very questionable off field history, and just had a very public meltdown in the playoffs. Personally I wouldn't sign him back I think we should split him and Vontaz up.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:37 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I hope he stays, We don't have anyone to take over after he leaves.

Dennard looked good this year. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:38 PM)J24 Wrote: I just don't see a huge market for a 33 year old CB, who is small, has a history of injuries, has a very questionable off field history, and just had a very public meltdown in the playoffs. Personally I wouldn't sign him back I think we should split him and Vontaz up.

This has crossed my mind as well. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:23 PM)J24 Wrote: How big of a market does he really have though?

Every team that saw that he was the #1 CB on the team that held Antonio Brown to 6/47/1 in their first game, which was the lowest YPC Brown had all year. (Not sure why Paul Guenther suddenly decided he would prefer Burfict, Vinnie Rey, and even Michael Johnson covering Brown in the postseason.)

Also held DeAndre Hopkins to 5/54/1 and Demaryius Thomas to 7/59/0.

All while returning punts at 11.2 yards per, after being an All-Pro returner last year. There will be a pretty good market I imagine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dennard looked good this year. 

I agree but who would be our #1? Kirk? I don't think Kirk would do any good as the #1.. Dennard? I need to see more of him.. Same with Shaw.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
I'm torn on Jones. I love his fire. He plays without fear. He does a great job on Antonio Brown. I absolutely love his return game.

But he will never totally lose the Pacman in him.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dennard looked good this year. 

Kirkpatrick and Dennard as your CBs next year... that'd be something seriously ugly. Shaw looked better than both of them, and that's both praise for Shaw, and condemnation for them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:30 PM)McC Wrote: Is Vance already gone?

No I was only suggesting that he could be in play. I think those guys love marvin and will stay as long as the money is close
Reply/Quote