Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer: Facing Bengals "not just another game"
Quote:Bengals owner Mike Brown looked back on the trade of quarterback Carson Palmer to the Raiders in 2011 this week and said he regretted the way that things came to an end for Palmer in Cincinnati.

Palmer’s with the Cardinals now, of course, and he’ll be playing the Bengals on Sunday night, which meant that Wednesday was Palmer’s turn to meet the media and field questions about meeting his former team. During the interview, Brown also said that he never believed Palmer was sincere about retiring and Palmer said Wednesday, via Craig Morgan of AZSports.com, that he is “not going to get into a ‘he-said, she-said’ situation” with Brown.

Palmer indicated he’d be willing to discuss the end of his time with the Bengals at another time, but said only that his time with Brown “ended with a very colorful, heated argument.” Those feelings might not be up for a long discussion this week, but Palmer was willing to admit that they are on his mind heading into the game.

“It’s not just another game,” Palmer said, via Paul Dehner of the Cincinnati Enquirer. “I’m not going to bore you with that. There is definitely a lot on this one for me in particular.”

As mentioned when discussing Brown’s comments, the trade wound up working out well for both the Bengals and Palmer. That won’t be the case on Sunday night and, thanks to his honesty about what the game means to him, we know Palmer will either be getting one last dose of satisfaction or a painful loss four years after his relationship with Brown imploded.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/18/carson-palmer-facing-bengals-not-just-another-game/

I was surprised Palmer didn't take the "just another game" approach. He didn't beat us as a Raider so I guess the chip is going to be on his shoulder until he does. I think the Bengals have moved beyond seeking revenge on Palmer. Especially after losing to the Texans they are just going to be looking to get back to winning. How many players are left that even played with him? It's more for the fans and Palmer apparently.

I hope the d-line swarms him Sunday night and we see one of Palmer's classic pick sixes. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:32 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/18/carson-palmer-facing-bengals-not-just-another-game/

I was surprised Palmer didn't take the "just another game" approach. He didn't beat us as a Raider so I guess the chip is going to be on his shoulder until he does. I think the Bengals have moved beyond seeking revenge on Palmer. Especially after losing to the Texans they are just going to be looking to get back to winning. How many players are left that even played with him? It's more for the fans and Palmer apparently.

I hope the d-line swarms him Sunday night and we see one of Palmer's classic pick sixes. Tiger

While there are still a bunch of defensive guys still around from Carson, I just don't know how much they care about him. He wasn't in their meetings, and they never "mixed it up" with the QB during practice. If the defense wants to give a little extra to anyone, it would have to be Gresham... And offhand, I don't recall any training camp fights between Gresh and a defender.

Now if Whit was allowed to line up at DE, he'd probably beat the snot out of Carson. That's to be expected, though. Whit sacrificed his body for Carson, and got blindsided by his QB as thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:32 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: I hope the d-line swarms him Sunday night and we see several of Palmer's classic pick sixes. Tiger

FIFY
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 01:32 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/18/carson-palmer-facing-bengals-not-just-another-game/

Peko, hall, whit....after that I'm stomped. Maybe pacman?
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
15 current players were on the team with Carson...Whit on offense, Huber, Nugent, Harris on special teams..the rest on defense. Sounds like he is far my hyped than he should. The emphasis should be on the great teams playing each other. We've already beat him...the pressure is all on him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:08 AM)pally Wrote: 15 current players were on the team with Carson...Whit on offense, Huber, Nugent, Harris on special teams..the rest on defense.  Sounds like he is far my hyped than he should.  The emphasis should be on the great teams playing each other.  We've already beat him...the pressure is all on him

Name the defensive guys.....most of the talent came the draft he was fake retired.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:16 AM)CincyProduct Wrote: Name the defensive talent.....came the draft he was fake retired.

Whitworth
'dre
Harris
Nuge'
Huber
Peko
Dunlap
MJ
Rey
Vinnie Rey
Nelson
Leon
Adam
Geno
Sims

And that's just off the top of my head, without looking anyone up
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
This attitude is why Carson Palmer will not beat the Bengals. Instead of moving on and focusing on his career in Arizona, he's holding on to a grudge against the Bengals for things that happened years ago. I'm certain that his failure in Cincinnati affects his confidence. His grudge against us will make it easier for the defense to get in his head, just like Pittsburgh's did.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whitworth
'dre
Harris
Nuge'
Huber
Peko
Dunlap
MJ
Rey
Vinnie Rey
Nelson
Leon
Adam
Geno
Sims

Yeah most of those guys had a brief tenure with him. One thing I did notice after looking them up you can see our drafting leaned hard on defense for a solid 3 year window.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 11:26 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Whitworth
'dre
Harris
Nuge'
Huber
Peko
Dunlap
MJ
Rey
Vinnie Rey
Nelson
Leon
Adam
Geno
Sims

Peerman?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Of all the names on the list, there's one--Whit--that will be sure to let everyone else know just how he feels about this game, though i doubt he'd ever say anything to the media or in public.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith as well...

The reason it's not "just another game" to Carson is he knows the guys on the front 4 will be salivating to throttle him, and that Marvin will be eager to let them do it!
Reply/Quote
I don't see it as Carson holding a grudge, per se, just a normal reaction to wanting to beat your former team. But, even if he has a grudge, then that's just Mikey and the Bengals living rent-free inside his noggin, so he can have at it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think Quitter is trying to rally some support from some of his teammates here. It is important to him, so do they have his back? Like when a coach plays a team that fired him, right? The only difference here is Quitter wasn't fired, he quit. He left. He sat out. And now he thinks it isn't just another game because it is the team that he quit on? No one forced you out, you whiny *****. You left! And whether so many folks around here want to acknowledge it or not, the team is better for it.

The Cards probably like having a QB that isn't a steaming turd, but will they fight his fight for him? It will be interesting to see. Traveling on a short week is always hard, but I am really, really interested to see how the Bengals respond to their loss and to playing him again.
Reply/Quote
There was a huge public fallout between Carson and the Bengals. People would have laughed if Carson tried to claim this was "just another game".

Every person who leaves a job wants to prove that he was right. This happens in all walks of life.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2015, 09:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Andre Smith as well...

The reason it's not "just another game" to Carson is he knows the guys on the front 4 will be salivating to throttle him, and that Marvin will be eager to let them do it!

This^^^^ hope Geno and Carlos makes him eat turf all night.

Jones most likely out. Anyone heard about MJ?  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Never mind seen this in CJ. Johnson upgraded questionable.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/11/21/9775312/bengals-vs-cardinals-week-11-injury-update-michael-johnson-upgraded

Reply/Quote
just when I was started to forgive/forget him.....

now I can be back full fledge f-palmer status
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:48 PM)bonesaw Wrote: just when I was started to forgive/forget him.....

now I can be back full fledge f-palmer status

Meh, better off without him,good riddance I say. Don't want play here kick rocks. 

Reply/Quote
What does he have to complain about? Is he mad about a team that wanted him and paid a lot of money to have him here? "Thoses asses thought I was an important asset and paid me accordingly. Grrrr"
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote