Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palmer Is Choking In A Big Game
(01-25-2016, 11:40 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Right because winning "a" playoff game is the ultimate goal  Whatever

Now he's going to leave town because of an altercation with DeWitt.

After 25 seasons, yea it is for some franchises. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Ok. Now you're just talking out of your third head.

DISCLAIMER: "third head" is a reference to your winky.

If this were true, there would be an echo in your mouth.   Mellow
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 10:49 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Thanks to leaving the Bengals, Carson Palmer has won a playoff game.  He may still have some Bengal in him, but he must be slowly purging it.

Something tells me that you are just cruising these boards, trying to get a little Bengal in you.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:01 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Something tells me that you are just cruising these boards, trying to get a little Bengal in you.
Ninja

Your therapist is right you know...Projection is a real problem.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:11 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Your therapist is right you know...Projection is a real problem.

HEY !
We're all getting older here.

Oh, wait......
:smash:
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 11:44 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: For Bengal fans yeah...after 25 years. 

But apparently not for M Brown as he keeps M Lewis employed. 

I think Mike Brown is actually running the Bengals like a well-oiled business. He has made the Franchise "Good Enough". So people will keep buying tickets to go to the game and buying gear to support the team and players. It's probably too expensive to make a franchise Superbowl worthy.

Look at McDonalds. They make burgers "good enough". But they don't want to make the best burger in the world because it's too expensive. They just want people to buy their "good enough" burger and keep giving them profits. That's what Mike Brown wants too and he's doing just that.

From that point of view, the Bengals are the perfect Franchise.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 04:52 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I think Mike Brown is actually running the Bengals like a well-oiled business. He has made the Franchise "Good Enough". So people will keep buying tickets to go to the game and buying gear to support the team and players. It's probably too expensive to make a franchise Superbowl worthy.

Look at McDonalds. They make burgers "good enough". But they don't want to make the best burger in the world because it's too expensive. They just want people to buy their "good enough" burger and keep giving them profits. That's what Mike Brown wants too and he's doing just that.

From that point of view, the Bengals are the perfect Franchise.

Luvnit's head probably just exploded with that one .... 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 06:36 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Luvnit's head probably just exploded with that one .... 

Which one?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 12:38 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No it is not.  However it is quite apparent the reading comprehension is not a goal in Cinci, but making wild and unfounded inferences are.

I have been thinking about attending this fine institute:

[Image: 9211c0bd32abc64319aee14031c9b8eb.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:07 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: After 25 seasons, yea it is for some franchises. 

Then comes the "it takes 25 years to win a playoff game" bit that follows after.

You know you would take that route if and when they win a PO game  Cool
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 07:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Then comes the "it takes 25 years to win a playoff game" bit that follows after.

You know you would take that route if and when they win a PO game  Cool

I mean, yea. The longest playoff win drought is easy smack material.

But, back to the point, achieving a win is the primary goal at this point. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 07:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I mean, yea. The longest playoff win drought is easy smack material.

But, back to the point, achieving a win is the primary goal at this point. 

No.

Mike Brown has achieved his goal. He's made the Franchise "Good Enough".

All you have to do is look at what he's doing with Marvin Lewis. Is he firing him? Is he replacing him with someone who can win playoff games? The answer to that is "no". He likes what Marvin is doing. Which is making the Bengals competitive enough so people will buy tickets, gear, and get the Bengals enough recognition so they end up going to England for a football game - which they did, by the way. His increased revenue in sales as well as ads is probably making him giddy.

No... the primary goal isn't winning. The primary goal is getting the fanbase to BELIEVE the Bengals can win. But they don't have to win. They just need to keep making it to the playoffs. One-and-Done is "good enough"!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 03:52 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: If this were true, there would be an echo in your mouth.   Mellow

And here we are. Right back at the wild and unfounded inferences. Circle of life. 

BTW... I gave your wife my circle of life last night.  ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And here we are. Right back at the wild and unfounded inferences. Circle of life. 

BTW... I gave your wife my circle of life last nightThumbsUp

Huh.  I would have thought you'd have taken hers.

But, to each their own.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Huh.  I would have thought you'd have taken hers.

But, to each their own.

Mellow

If you hadn't dropped out, you would have learned about all this in school. Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If you hadn't dropped out, you would have learned about all this in school. Mellow

Even high school drop outs know what how it works.

[Image: tumblr_n1s74bJPDa1qza1qzo1_500.gif]

(Hint:  If you gave her yours you are the receptacle. )

"Mellow"
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 08:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Even high school drop outs know what how it works.

[Image: tumblr_n1s74bJPDa1qza1qzo1_500.gif]

(Hint:  If you gave her yours you are the receptacle. )

"Mellow"

Now i understand. 

You can't see your own winky, so you don't know what they look like. Sad

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 07:45 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: No.

All you have to do is look at what he's doing with Marvin Lewis. Is he firing him? Is he replacing him with someone who can win playoff games? The answer to that is "no". He likes what Marvin is doing. Which is making the Bengals competitive enough so people will buy tickets, gear, and get the Bengals enough recognition so they end up going to England for a football game - which they did, by the way. His increased revenue in sales as well as ads is probably making him giddy.

No... the primary goal isn't winning. The primary goal is getting the fanbase to BELIEVE the Bengals can win. But they don't have to win. They just need to keep making it to the playoffs. One-and-Done is "good enough"!  ThumbsUp

This is old hat.
We've been accusing Mikey of that for a looooonnnng time.
Mad
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 07:45 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: No.

I'm not Marvin's biggest fan, but if you are going to replace 5 straight playoff appearances, then you better have a plan in place, and not just fire Marvin and hope you find someone better.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2016, 01:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not Marvin's biggest fan, but if you are going to replace 5 straight playoff appearances, then you better have a plan in place, and not just fire Marvin and hope you find someone better.  

Can't be that hard to find someone who can win a playoff game, can it?  Well, you're not the Browns....so you got that going for ya.
Reply/Quote