Poll: Carolina Game Ball
Joe Mixon
I'm Trolling
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panthers Game Game Ball
Mixon had a great game today. That's the story of the Bengals this year. One player shines for the win. Just imagine if they all shined every week. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes Zac finally tried to confuse defenses a bit. You can’t just put Mike Thomas in for Chase and run the same offense. The defense is going to play you entirely differently.

Very true and agree completely

But to be fair, it is a recipe for disaster when your opponent dominates the trenches like the Browns did against us as well, yet guess that falls on the Coach too
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:22 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Very true and agree completely

But to be fair, it is a recipe for disaster when your opponent dominates the trenches like the Browns did against us as well, yet guess that falls on the Coach too

Yes they definitely got manhandled. DJ coming back should help a lot in that aspect.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes they definitely got manhandled. DJ coming back you help a lot in that aspect.

Agree we need Reader back desperately

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Mixon gets the game ball

Also feel like we should be sending one to the Carolina coaching staff. We have nobody at CB and you come out and run non-stop anyway for no yards smh good plan!
Reply/Quote
I vote for the guy who one upped Al Bundy.

5 TDs in a single game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 10:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I vote for the guy who one upped Al Bundy.

5 TDs in a single game.

Hold on now. That was a different era. He was playing against players like Spare Tire Dixon.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he's just getting the ankle right. First game he's been driving with his legs and not just diving forward. He may not have been able to get much push off it before.

I made the comment earlier this week that i watched a couple games from '17 and '18 and today's Mixon looked more like that than '22 Mixon. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 11:07 PM)Destro Wrote: Hold on now. That was a different era. He was playing against players like Spare Tire Dixon.

Had Al played in this era, with modern nutrition and surgery, he would've returned from his injury and never met Peg. He would've been an NFL legend.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 07:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It sure was nice to see him run around the pile instead of into the back of his own players.

Perine ran with some aggression too.

If Evans is hurt I still wouldn't mind them bringing Patric up.

That bruiser mentality when running sure can wear a D line down.
(11-06-2022, 07:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Traveon that is always hurt Williams? 

Not a fan.  Sorry.

Same, Mixon showed up today big time. I know I saw the 1 play where I would just want Mixon to run away from the 
defenders early on instead of cutting back into them but he evidently just loves contact. What can you do on a day from
your RB on a day like this?

Also, yes to Patrick and no to Trayveon.

(11-06-2022, 08:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he's just getting the ankle right. First game he's been driving with his legs and not just diving forward. He may not have been able to get much push off it before.

Man, for a RB to not get much push he sure was cutting lateral like crazy for losses lately.

Mixon just needs to keep this up and go North like he did today. If he does, he could have the giant season I thought he 
could behind this OL. La'el and Alex were beasts today in the run game, awesome man. Cool

(11-06-2022, 08:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd have to put Lou in the mix. He is a stone cold assassin with his defense. No Reader, Topou, Awuzie or Hilton, and tthe backups held up just fine.

So true, CTB was good but Jalen Davis was just fantastic, but Gamepass shut down on me in the 3rd quarter once 
the Panthers started scoring garbage points. Will have to watch garbage time later to see how good the rooks and 
backups truly were.

(11-06-2022, 08:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Obviously Mixon took the chatter personally and came to prove everybody wrong and did so with an explanation point.

Kudos to him and think the Bengals are one of the best offenses in the game when the running game is going.  

Thought Zac deserves a lot of credit as well for changing things up using some misdirection and passing quickly to alleviate and frustrate the Panther pass rush.

Know one of Mixon's big runs came from a under center snap as well so he was definitely dialing up a few different looks.

Love how Perine is punishing DB's now and was one of the things I was critical of him for not doing in off season. He has played well all year.

Yet Mixon was the star of this show and so glad to see it.

Coaching was fantastic today, just the game we needed to see going into the bye.

(11-06-2022, 09:10 PM)Destro Wrote: I've always been a Mixon Fan and defender. Called him washed this week. I take hot sauce on my crow.

You know I have been, wondered what Mixon could do with a good OL, saw it today. Crow tastes good. Smirk

(11-06-2022, 09:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Have never really disliked Mixon except for his blocking and still think for monetary reasons Bengals will be forced to let him go when Burrow is signed. 

But certainly deserve to eat some crow this week as well and the way Mixon ran today, don't even think I even deserve any sauce on my crow. 

It was a beautiful sight to behold.   

Crow with no sauce be a little dry, but it is munchies none the less. Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 11:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, Mixon showed up today big time. I know I saw the 1 play where I would just want Mixon to run away from the 
defenders early on instead of cutting back into them but he evidently just loves contact. What can you do on a day from
your RB on a day like this?

Also, yes to Patrick and no to Trayveon.

Man, for a RB to not get much push he sure was cutting lateral like crazy for losses lately.

Mixon just needs to keep this up and go North like he did today. If he does, he could have the giant season I thought he 
could behind this OL. La'el and Alex were beasts today in the run game, awesome man. Cool

So true, CTB was good but Jalen Davis was just fantastic, but Gamepass shut down on me in the 3rd quarter once 
the Panthers started scoring garbage points. Will have to watch garbage time later to see how good the rooks and 
backups truly were.

Coaching was fantastic today, just the game we needed to see going into the bye.

You know I have been, wondered what Mixon could do with a good OL, saw it today. Crow tastes good. Smirk

Crow with no sauce be a little dry, but it is munchies none the less. Wink

Don't think I'm supposed to enjoy eating crow, but I always have the munchies so it's ok.  Tongue

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Good to see Mixon step up—even though he lost me my fantasy week by hogging all the points! But it’s good to see him gaining chemistry with the blockers.

It’s good to see some balance on offense too. If we can run and pass with equal success we will be tough to beat. Next step is winning against a playoff team. We did beat the jets and dolphins—and these will be huge tiebreakers late in the season. But we gotta win in our division and start producing some impressive wins against the best teams in the league. Hopefully we can get healthy and have a solid second half of the year.

I still think Perine could have done the same if it were him in instead of Mixon. Mixon didn’t necessarily have a run or catch where he did something I didn’t think Perine could have done. It’s good to have the depth we have at running back. It’s good to see holes opening up in the running game. We gotta keep running out of shotgun to keep the defense guessing.
Reply/Quote
Joe should win AFC offensive player of the week but Patrick Mahomes may end up with it. 440 yards passing and 63 rushing. 1td throwing 1td rushing.But 5 touchdowns are so rare that it should be rewarded

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Mixon hit the holes hard, ran like a man possessed in the open field, but the line did a really good job today as well. Burrow needed extra time to find guys that don't uncover that fast.
Reply/Quote
Since Mixon is the obvious choice I wanna shout out to Trent Taylor, he really helped out today and looked like he could be a threat unlike Mike Thomas.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
As if there was any doubt.....Joe Mixon. That's the best he's looked in a couple of years. Absolutely dominant performance. I know we've been hard on him, and the stats warranted it, but I was very glad to see him put it together. He's the rah rah guy on the offense, so it's nice to see him play well. Kudos on an excellent game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:05 AM)Garrus Wrote: Since Mixon is the obvious choice I wanna shout out to Trent Taylor, he really helped out today and looked like he could be a threat unlike Mike Thomas.

I didn't go through the thread so someone else may have mentioned this; Morgan had some really good blocks on the outside which helped some of those outside runs. Hurst also had some big tough 3rd down catches 
Reply/Quote