Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Biggest Board Meltdown Ever
If Mixon would have followed the Browns game with this insane performance the week after we traded him we'd be concluding that he intentionally sucked ass all year so he could get traded.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I was on the Mixon needed more carries team.....  what do you know they used the run game...    why does it take so long

Why does what take so long?

27, 19, 24. Those were his rushing attempts in 3 of the first 4 games this year. He had 22 yesterday. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 01:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why does what take so long?

27, 19, 24. Those were his rushing attempts in 3 of the first 4 games this year. He had 22 yesterday. 

Yep it was abandoned per not working early on and then playing teams with bad DB's in the following games. 

Whether that was the O-line fault per not having chemistry yet, tipping plays with formations, or Mixon's dancing instead of being decisive who knows. 

Suspect a combination of all 3 was to blame. Hopefully all of that is in the rear view mirror now.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Would have been if:

We'd traded Mixon as many wanted and he would have had this week for another team.

Big meltdown? Yes.

Biggest ever?  Meh, kinda hard to top that time when Carson Palmer quit the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:52 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Hate to bring this one up, but I cannot see how trading Mixon only for him to score 5 TDs the next week, would have been nearly as big a board meltdown as the one that must have happened following the Steelers playoff game. I was on holiday so I was very lucky to both miss that game and this forum's reaction to it. But christ, it must have been (understandably) quite rabid in here around then.

(11-07-2022, 02:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Big meltdown? Yes.

Biggest ever?  Meh, kinda hard to top that time when Carson Palmer quit the team.

Yes, those both were huge.

WTS, The point of the thread was NOT to "prove anyone wrong". Hell, if we'd gotten a 3rd for Mixon on Tuesday; I would have been happy. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 09:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The point is: We're fans and often have no idea what we're talking about. 

For instance, after the Browns game, everybody who owned an internet device started a thread about how we were done and cursed with a HC

All of that ish is stupid in my opinion, but there was legit concerns about Mixon being done. I dunno who lit a fire under his ass (I heard Brian Callahan jumped his shit), but kudos to them. They deserve a raise. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 02:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Big meltdown? Yes.

I think the Stoolers playoff game was the biggest. It's still the biggest night the boards have ever had according to the stats at the bottom of the page. Even after a Super Bowl season, which kind of surprised me.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I do too, but he's done this before, so I am not counting my Mixon Chickens yet.

In 2019 he was averaging 3.5ypc on the season through Week 13 and then lit up 3 of the final 4 games. 2020 he had 3.6 yards per carry on the season and 1 game where he had 151 rushing yards (at 6ypc) and 2 TD as well as 30 receiving yards and another TD. Just last year he had a 165 rushing yard (5.9 ypc) and 2 rushing TD game and followed it up with a 5 game stretch to finish the year where he averaged 56 rushing yards at 3.4ypc per game and not a single game of at least 3.9ypc. 

Mixon has always had the occasional game or two of dominance amid a sea of shit, with the exception of 2018 which I think where a lot of the hopes and beliefs in him were born. 

Again, I hope Mixon figured something out internally and externally, but we saw this with Jeremy Hill, too, with his 9 carry/168 yard game in 2016. 

Can't buy too hard into small sample sizes, both high and low ones.

...That's how you end up with threads about wanting people to eat crow because John Ross has a 7/158/2 week.  Ninja

All true, still, if the OL plays like that the rest of the season I don't care if it is Perine, Evans or Mixon they should have 
success. That was impressive blocking yesterday. We all knew it would take time for the OL to come together, it just took
longer than most of us thought it would, just hope this continues, if it does, Mixon and our Backs should have a great year
from here on out and we will win a lot of games no matter who we play as long as we are not just decimated by injuries.

(11-07-2022, 11:16 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah, everything you're saying is true. It's just the nature of many fans. One good game is enough to right the ship! People will claim that Mixon has defeated the doubters and they knew all along he just needed more carries and time to get comfortable. Then, if he goes back to running for 3 yards per attempt, they will be absolutely silent until he has another good game and then they will bust out the "told you so's" again. 

I am really happy that he did so well yesterday and would love for him to find some consistent success, but I am not betting on it yet. He has looked awful for most of the season. 

I won't be silent if he goes back to being awful.

(11-07-2022, 12:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Message boards are made for people to give opinions, celebrate, and criticize and the Bengals earned some critiquing with their roller coaster play this season.

I've not been nearly as hard on them as some and always wanted to see how they emerged from the adversity before making a final judgement. Yet we've all been frustrated and confused with the lack of running game after obtaining an O-line that's strong point was supposed to be run blocking. Many felt it was a key to the Bengals success.

Actually seems like all the criticism may have lit a fire under the entire team after Burrow addressed it this week. Have not seen the team as focused and determined in all phases of the game all year as they were on Sunday. Hopefully they bring the same determination after the Bye week because they will need it still to make the playoffs and attempt another deep playoff run.

I still believe and that game certainly helps me maintain the belief.

Great post Go Cards, well said. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 10:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I was on the Mixon needed more carries team.....  what do you know they used the run game...    why does it take so long

Jesus Xeno, if you couldn't tell the difference from the very first carry yesterday compared to the absolute SHIT Mixon has produced every other game, then I don't know what to tell you! LOL

I get, we all get it, you hate Zac.....but I'd be damned if I was calling plays if I'd keep feeding a 2.5ypc turd the damn football, lmao. That's stupid. Don't let bias cloud your observations and objectivity. You remember Mixon's two good games last year? Pitt and LV? Didn't they keep feeding him when it was obvious it was hot and working? Yes, they did.  The problem is.....as Leonard posted in this very thread....that you usually only get one or two good games, and then a lot of meh, and a few absolutely dreadful performances. Why would you take the ball out of Burrow's hands if that's what your RB usually does?

In fact, didn't a lot of you ***** at Zac for taking the ball out of Burrow's hands against SF last year? Hell, Zac bitched at himself. Now this year we should just keep giving it to Mixon, hoping he finally shows up vs someone other than 2-6 Carolina? Ppppfffffttttt. That seems wild AF to me. LMAO

Reply/Quote
I'll be surprised if he can keep up that type of performance (basically, he can't, would be impossible). Unfortunately it's more likely he will go back to the Mixon we know. We need more of these types of performances (or closer to this), especially when Chase is out, but really the rest of the year into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 08:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think the Stoolers playoff game was the biggest. It's still the biggest night the boards have ever had according to the stats at the bottom of the page. Even after a Super Bowl season, which kind of surprised me.

Yeah, that was huge.  I was pissed off beyond belief.  I wonder if there is a way to access the data from the original board, for comparison's sake?  I remember the saga with the phony insider, "Brian Patteronia" seemingly going on for weeks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2022, 09:03 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that was huge.  I was pissed off beyond belief.  I wonder if there is a way to access the data from the original board, for comparison's sake?  I remember the saga with the phony insider, "Brian Patteronia" seemingly going on for weeks.

Forgot about that one Sunset! That might be the biggest.

That playoff meltdown was one I thought I'd never get over. This squad finally put it to rest last season for me. Tip of the hat to them.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 09:46 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'll be surprised if he can keep up that type of performance (basically, he can't, would be impossible). Unfortunately it's more likely he will go back to the Mixon we know. We need more of these types of performances (or closer to this), especially when Chase is out, but really the rest of the year into the playoffs.

Agreed, that was one for the ages, set franchise records, had himself one helluva game. If he can just keep it at around 4 ypc and hit 80 plus yards and at a least a tuddy a game, then I'd be very happy with that.

Reply/Quote