Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paris under attack
(11-15-2015, 01:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Exactly, call it what it is.  Radical Islam.

Can't speak for everyone, but I have no problem calling it that. No more problem than I have calling the KKK "radical Christianity", or the Zionist Israelis "radical Jews".
(11-15-2015, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody that knows anything, knows that the current administration feed ISIL. It is the sole reason we are hesitant to stop it. 

The world has let it happen. Part of the problem that created IS has been that nothing has been done about Assad slaughtering his own people. This hass been happening for over four years and has created a climate there that pushes Muslims to radicalization.

(11-15-2015, 01:31 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Isn't that part of the problem?  The fighters are now pretending to be refugees.

Are they? I would not be surprised to see that happening, but the percentage of refugees that are terrorists would be tiny. The problem is that how the west treats them upon their arrival could create more terrorists.
(11-15-2015, 01:13 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who the hell said invade France?

Every person who wants "more boots on the ground" and Obama to "do more / something".  

All these cries for "action".  Well, Paris was attacked so the terrorists must be there.  Do we go there and get them?  If not...where do we go to "fight terrorism"?

(11-15-2015, 01:34 AM)Benton Wrote: well, that's not going to happen. If it's not religion, evil men will bring people to them with some other rally cry. Money. Power. Answers.

the problem isn't some invisible anything. It's people. Hungry, scared, lonely people.

And where do people turn when they are hungry, scared, lonely?  Religion.

But you're right.  Evil people will always find a way to rally the most vulnerable with promises.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Folks keep pointing to innocent lives being lost as a justification to do nothing in the Syrian situation. Since the civil wars began 10s of thousands of innocent lives (figures vary) have been lost due to the fighting since 2011. This includes about 10,000 children.

Many say the best course of action is to do nothing. We have not played an active role in places like Sudan while millions of innocents have died in Civil Wars that have been going on since 1955 and continue today.

There’s an old saying: “To make an omelet you have to break a few eggs”. Yet there are those that want an omelet without any eggs. FYI, that’s a terrible omelet.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-15-2015, 09:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The world has let it happen. Part of the problem that created IS has been that nothing has been done about Assad slaughtering his own people. This hass been happening for over four years and has created a climate there that pushes Muslims to radicalization.

So your answer is to play a more active role in the Syrian conflict; maybe boots on the ground. We agree on this matter; however, many do not.  

(11-15-2015, 09:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: The world has let it happen. Part of the problem that created IS has been that nothing has been done about Assad slaughtering his own people. This hass been happening for over four years and has created a climate there that pushes Muslims to radicalization.

Are they? I would not be surprised to see that happening, but the percentage of refugees that are terrorists would be tiny.
The problem is that how the west treats them upon their arrival could create more terrorists.

I know what you are saying is true, but I can't help but think;  If someone gave me a bag of grapes, and told me that two grapes were poisoned, there would be zero chance of me eating any of them..

Taking in refugees is the humane thing to do.  Simply turning them loose on the population is not a safe way to go about it.  These people need to be detained, until they can be positively verified as who they claim to be.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-15-2015, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks keep pointing to innocent lives being lost as a justification to do nothing in the Syrian situation. Since the civil wars began 10s of thousands of innocent lives (figures vary) have been lost due to the fighting since 2011. This includes about 10,000 children.

Many say the best course of action is to do nothing. We have not played an active role in places like Sudan while millions of innocents have died in Civil Wars that have been going on since 1955 and continue today.

There’s an old saying: “To make an omelet you have to break a few eggs”. Yet there are those that want an omelet without any eggs. FYI, that’s a terrible omelet.

Do we also get involved in EVERY civil conflict int he middle east...and elsewhere?

Where does it end?

When the last "evil doer" is dead?  When is that?
(11-15-2015, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: Do we also get involved in EVERY civil conflict int he middle east...and elsewhere?

Where does it end?

When the last "evil doer" is dead?  When is that?

Take the sidelines approach if you want, just don't try to use the false "Our involvement causes the loss of innocent lives" justification. Simply say I'm OK with the lost lives as long as I don't know about them. 

(11-15-2015, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Take the sidelines approach if you want, just don't try to use the false "Our involvement causes the loss of innocent lives" justification. Simply say I'm OK with the lost lives as long as I don't know about them. 

So you have no answers then.  Kinda what I figured.

No one likes innocent lives being lost.  No one.  But if you want to say we need to be more involved I want to know how, where and for how long.  Otherwise your just another hawk who enjoys war.
(11-15-2015, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Take the sidelines approach if you want, just don't try to use the false "Our involvement causes the loss of innocent lives" justification. Simply say I'm OK with the lost lives as long as I don't know about them. 

I am ok with lost lives.

I think it's more important to have a secular leader versus a non secular.

Syria is non secular murders trying to over throw a secular murderer.

Can't figure out why we are arming the non secular murderers who are giving the weapons they get from us to Isis.
(11-15-2015, 01:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you have no answers then.  Kinda what I figured.

No one likes innocent lives being lost.  No one.  But if you want to say we need to be more involved I want to know how, where and for how long.  Otherwise your just another hawk who enjoys war.

I thought the answer was obvious. Anywhere a faction reaches outside of their geographical region; especially, if our interests are threatened.  

I just wont advocate false justifications for not getting involved. 

(11-15-2015, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought the answer was obvious. Anywhere a faction reaches outside of their geographical region; especially, if our interests are threatened.  

I just wont advocate false justifications for not getting involved. 

So we're going to invade France?
(11-15-2015, 01:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: So we're going to invade France?

Why would we invade France? We should be supporting their efforts to get control of their borders and out of the EU.

Why haven't we been supporting the new polish leadership. Their people seem to be supporting them. When these nations control their own borders they are able to protect themselves. Backing their efforts for freedom doesn't mean we have to match troops into Europe. They already have 1 invading army .

http://newobserveronline.com/50000-nationalists-march-in-poland/

(11-15-2015, 11:03 AM)GMDino Wrote:  

And where do people turn when they are hungry, scared, lonely?  Religion.

But you're right.  Evil people will always find a way to rally the most vulnerable with promises.  

They also turn to a Nazi recruiter. Or a jihad recruiter. Or a criminal organization (the mob, street gangs, whatever). 

But the bold is the general idea. Smart, unscrupulous people will find a way to get more powerful by promising others a slice of that power.
(11-15-2015, 01:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: So we're going to invade France?

Did we invade the US after 911?

WTS, if France asks for our assistance; I'd be down for a little trip. 

(11-15-2015, 03:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did we invade the US after 911?

WTS, if France asks for our assistance; I'd be down for a little trip. 

I expect the chances of France asking for our assistance are only slightly higher than the chances of Russia asking for our assistance. Ninja

I also expect we will soon hear about the French carrying out some nasty attacks on ISIL. We like to joke here in the U.S. about the French being 'pushovers' and weak militarily and such. Couldn't be farther from the truth. They can be some downright nasty beggers in a scrap, just like England. Plus, they have closer links in the Muslim world than we do.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(11-15-2015, 12:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Folks keep pointing to innocent lives being lost as a justification to do nothing

I don't know who said that, but it wasn't me. I just said that a certain moronic presidential candidate should not be promoting more civilian deaths in response to the civilian deaths in Paris.
(11-15-2015, 03:55 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: I don't know who said that, but it wasn't me.

Oh, I would never try to misrepresent what someone said.

Quote:GodHatesBengals
Quote:I just said that a certain moronic presidential candidate should not be promoting more civilian deaths in response to the civilian deaths in Paris.

But some will

(11-15-2015, 03:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, I would never try to misrepresent what someone said.

But some will

People are free to read his cartoonish, ridiculous, Michael Savage-esque statement for themselves and determine if I'm misrepresenting what he said. 

Had to laugh at you "never misrepresenting what someone said", considering you've been caught misrepresenting your own words as someone else's.
It appears that the attacks have been planned in Belgium. Maybe we'll have to invade Belgium or get rid of all those belgian migrants that we have ...

Just sayin'

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.