Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pat Sims monster hit
Found a video and thought I would post for anyone who missed this monster hit.

https://vine.co/v/epBDMxJzijI
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 01:15 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Found a video and thought I would post for anyone who missed this monster hit.

https://vine.co/v/epBDMxJzijI

It really wasn't that big of a hit. The RB was falling down and Sims kinda plunged into him lol.

Still good to know what people were talking about, thanks!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It really wasn't that big of a hit. The RB was falling down and Sims kinda plunged into him lol.

He keeps playing well and he will make the roster.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It really wasn't that big of a hit. The RB was falling down and Sims kinda plunged into him lol.

I think what you meant to say was he bracing himself for the Phat Sims rampage. Dude wasn't falling down a bit.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:38 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I think what you meant to say was he bracing himself for the Phat Sims rampage. Dude wasn't falling down a bit.

Yeah, he "fell down" after getting smashed by the locomotive wearing #92.

I feel like we need some more Sims love......brb :lightbulb:
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:38 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I think what you meant to say was he bracing himself for the Phat Sims rampage. Dude wasn't falling down a bit.

That's sort of how I saw it.  He had no where to go but down.

Where I come from, that's a monster hit.  
Reply/Quote
Will Clarke got held on that play. And what a wallop by Sims.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd called that a monster hit. Makes me think of the AC/DC song Run away Train.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:46 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: That's sort of how I saw it.  He had no where to go but down.

Where I come from, that's a monster hit.  
That looked like it hurt.  It looked like he busted him in the facemask with his helmet to boot.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
That's what Sims brings to the table - he is basically the proverbial blunt object that you point at the target and let him go. to 4-3 DLs such a player is a big asset because they also tend to hold the point really well.
Reply/Quote
Watch how quick he sheds that blocker...  It almost looks like he comes in from the second level, but I believe that's him getting stood up next to Brandon Thompson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Nice. Never seen Peko do something like that BTW.

Sims better make the team.
Reply/Quote
My initial reaction was "DAMN PAT SIMS"

I thought it was a monster hit
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 08:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice. Never seen Peko do something like that BTW.

Sims better make the team.

I agree with you. I can't recall Peko doing much do get excited about in years. I think Sims beside Atkins would be great.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 09:22 AM)M.W. Wrote: I agree with you. I can't recall Peko doing much do get excited about in years. I think Sims beside Atkins would be great.

Sadly the team will probably keep starting Peko until it hurts us.

But if Atkins is really back we might be able to survive it. It just sucks that the coaches cannot see the blatant
obviousness that Peko is starting to fall off and is not a playmaker. He is a one trick pony, always has been, he
could stop the run and take up space in his prime but the latter is all he has been doing lately.

Not good enough IMHO. I hope Sims takes over the starting spot from Peko but i am not holding my breath.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  It just sucks that the coaches cannot see the blatant obviousness that Peko is starting to fall off and is not a playmaker. 

The Bengals coaching staff sees more than anyone here when it comes to judging NFL talent.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals coaching staff sees more than anyone here when it comes to judging NFL talent.

Yeah, just like when Thornton had to bench himself...

I know you always defend the coaches Fred and Peko but Sims is more talented than Peko, sorry.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 09:22 AM)M.W. Wrote:  I can't recall Peko doing much do get excited about in years. 

Shedding blockers and getting to the ball carrier is a major part of the job for DTs.  Bad DTs don't get off blocks, or when they do they can't get to the ball carrier.

This is what makes Peko good at his job.  He consistently finishes in the top 10 in tackles by interior defensive linemen

2014...10th
2013....9th
2012....5th
2011....2nd
Reply/Quote
Bengal coach's flawless judgement aside; I have always thought Sims is more talented than Peko. Sims' issue has been health and Peko has proven to be an iron man. If we want to keep some of the younger talent on the roster one of them has to go.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2015, 01:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bengal coach's flawless judgement aside; I have always thought Sims is more talented than Peko. Sims' issue has been health and Peko has proven to be an iron man. If we want to keep some of the younger talent on the roster one of them has to go.

Yep.
Reply/Quote