Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pat's eliminate Mixon from their draft board!
Article is on ESPN. Go read it for yourself before you start bitching about a link.

The clear difference between a great HC & organization and this regime. I couldn't agree with BB & TC more.

We're clearly bottom feeders and they are an apex predator.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:49 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Article is ESPN. Go read it for yourself before you start bitching about a link.

The clear difference between a great HC & organization and this regime. I couldn't agree more with BB & TC more.

I just mentioned this in the A. Jones thread.

If it was any other team I might think they were trying misdirection, and maybe they are.

But I tend to think they are being honest and making the right call.

Of course, the sad truth is that if everyone refuses to hire criminals then they are pretty much forced to criminal conduct to support themselves, which is why I have always had great respect for employers who will hire someone with a criminal record. But, it is one thing to give someone a "regular" job and a chance to support himself (or herself) legally and hope they can stay out of trouble going forward and another to give someone a "dream" job and make them an instant millionaire. I would like to think as human's we could say, hey, those dream opportunities are not only reserved for people with the most talent, but also for those people with relatively high character. Yeah, I know, I'm a libtard. Just remember, if more people shared those libtard values we wouldn't have sports leagues filled with thugs/abusers/criminals.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 01:19 PM)xxlt Wrote: I just mentioned this in the A. Jones thread.

If it was any other team I might think they were trying misdirection, and maybe they are.

But I tend to think they are being honest and making the right call.

Of course, the sad truth is that if everyone refuses to hire criminals then they are pretty much forced to criminal conduct to support themselves, which is why I have always had great respect for employers who will hire someone with a criminal record. But, it is one thing to give someone a "regular" job and a chance to support himself (or herself) legally and hope they can stay out of trouble going forward and another to give someone a "dream" job and make them an instant millionaire. I would like to think as human's we could say, hey, those dream opportunities are not only reserved for people with the most talent, but also for those people with relatively high character. Yeah, I know, I'm a libtard. Just remember, if more people shared those libtard values we wouldn't have sports leagues filled with thugs/abusers/criminals.

I'm all for second chances, but on a "prove it" level. He should get his chance as an UDFA. That's a second chance with the possible reward of being monetarily wealthy.

As for you calling yourself a liberal; hell, that's a compliment in my book. You're a good & solid human being from my perspective. Glad you're on here with the rest of us masochists.
Reply/Quote
Didn't they sign Malcolm Floyd after his DUI? Also didn't they draft Aaron Hernandez?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 03:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Didn't they sign Malcolm Floyd after his DUI?  Also didn't they draft Aaron Hernandez?

It was Micheal Floyd & decent point, but every case is different. Neither had a video circulating the net showing them breaking a young girls face. In hindsight, those were probably poor decisions that they obviously learned from. Hence, they don't want Mixon. I don't either, but Merv will have him in stripes because it seems to fit the mold around here.

If they're not in orange & black ones, they're in black & white ones. It doesn't bother you that our HC & FO are ok with that?
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 03:36 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: It was Micheal Floyd & decent point, but every case is different. Neither had a video circulating the net showing them breaking a young girls face. In hindsight, those were probably poor decisions that they obviously learned from. Hence, they don't want Mixon. I don't either, but Merv will have him in stripes because it seems to fit the mold around here.

If their not in orange & black ones, they're in black & white ones. It doesn't bother you that our HC & FO are ok with that?

If they do their research and background check on the guy and they feel like it's a one off thing then no I would not have a problem with it. It was what three years ago, he was 18,  he did his time, and he was suspended for a year by Oklahoma.  
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Good for them, after spygate, deflategate, and the entire Aaron Hernandez saga, they have an image to keep up. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Link?

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 05:23 PM)Benton Wrote: Link?

Mellow

Haha! Don't you have a soccer squad to coach??  It was on ESPN earlier. No telling where they moved it to.
Reply/Quote
Good for them. I can't count how many criminals they have signed in the past. I guess they can finally take their moral stand.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:49 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Article is on ESPN. Go read it for yourself before you start bitching about a link.

The clear difference between a great HC & organization and this regime. I couldn't agree with BB & TC more.

I just don't agree because of the things others have posted in the thread.

Hernandez, Floyd, Deflategate, Spygate. And I'm sure there is more we don't know about(which is likely the case with every team). I don't think we're bottom feeders because we're willing to draft players with a past. As someone else mentioned, Mixon did this three years ago and was suspended for a year. Nobody is completely sure where Mixon will end up in the draft. I think what Mixon did was horrible and wrong, but I also think that everyone deserves another chance. And the truth is, we have no idea how this kid will act in the pros. But I can guarantee that if he ever gets into another incident like that he won't be in the league anymore. Look at the Ray Rice treatment. 
Reply/Quote
The Patriots forfeited their right to sit on a moral high horse a long time ago.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I dislike NE as much as anyone. They get one right and folks wanna take the moral high ground and act like this kid didn't do what he did. No worries!

News flash!!! If you're sticking up for a dude that broke a girl's face, you're​ not standing on the moral high ground.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 02:49 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I dislike NE as much as anyone. They get one right and folks wanna take the moral high ground and act like this kid didn't do what he did. No worries!

News flash!!! If you're sticking up for a dude that broke a girl's face, you're not standing on the moral high ground.

That's not true. Giving the kid a second chance doesn't mean we think abuse is okay. I don't see the connection. 
Reply/Quote
I think this guy is the best RB in the draft if he can stay out of trouble.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 12:49 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Article is on ESPN. Go read it for yourself before you start bitching about a link.

Honestly, I didn't think Mixon was on their board anyway because I thought their board had one name on it...McCaffrey.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Honestly, I didn't think Mixon was on their board anyway because I thought their board had one name on it...McCaffrey.

Probably so! They have a stable of RBs already. He would just be the feather in the cap.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 03:06 PM)magikod Wrote: I think this guy is the best RB in the draft if he can stay out of trouble.

His talent is undeniable imo. He looks really good.
Reply/Quote
With no first or second round pick, they probably have no shot at getting him, as he is projected to be a mid 3rd rounder at absolute worst and likely a 2nd rounder.

So, good job grabbing the higher ground Patriots. The whole NFL already knows you think you're better than everyone else anyway.

I remember removing Giselle Bundchen from my board when she married Tom Brady. Tough call, but it had to be done.

I could never be with someone who would sleep with Tom Brady.
Reply/Quote
From now on, i don't give a flying **** who they have on the roster as long as they can win playoff games and possibly a SB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote