Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots targeting AJ Green
Cincy Jungle is a joke, they regurgitate any dribble they hear from anyone, I wouldn't put much weight into whatever they post.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Is it bad that I hope he goes to NE so he can get a ring without REALLY caring what the Bengals get in return? I mean, yeah, I'd want the most in return, but if it's just a 4th rounder so be it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
...Bye?

Like I dont know how the tag really works, but if they tag and that means picks can be given up for AJ or something then I'm excited to get picks. If its a sign and trade then Im excited to get picks or players or both. Maybe a package deal aj and andy for a Gyro and Rex Burkhead
Reply/Quote
I can't help but think that there's a far greater chance of AJ Green still being an elite receiver than any draft pick we receive for him developing into an elite receiver.

I get all the arguments about not retaining him: his injury record; how much money we're already committed to paying the at the position; the depth at his position in this draft; how he'd be in decline and it doesn't align with when our window will open etc etc.

But if we are shooting for the stars and the aim is a Super Bowl rather than merely returning to the play-offs I don't see how we don't re-sign him and then pray hard for his health. If we're talking about a Carlos Dunlap type - very good but not elite - it would be different, but this is AJ freakin' Green. Difference makers of that quality don't come to Cincinnati often. Burrow could be here two decades without having a receiver of the caliber of AJ.

Letting AJ walk or even trading him is playing safe. And what people here have been crying for for ages is to throw caution to the wind and go for it. The go for it move is, despite all his health concerns, to re-sign AJ on a long term deal. That's shooting for the stars and anything short of that is playing safe.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:46 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I can't help but think that there's a far greater chance of AJ Green still being an elite receiver than any draft pick we receive for him developing into an elite receiver.

I get all the arguments about not retaining him: his injury record; how much money we're already committed to paying the at the position; the depth at his position in this draft; how he'd be in decline and it doesn't align with when our window will open etc etc.

But if we are shooting for the stars and the aim is a Super Bowl rather than merely returning to the play-offs I don't see how we don't re-sign him and then pray hard for his health. If we're talking about a Carlos Dunlap type - very good but not elite - it would be different, but this is AJ freakin' Green. Difference makers of that quality don't come to Cincinnati often. Burrow could be here two decades without having a receiver of the caliber of AJ.

Letting AJ walk or even trading him is playing safe. And what people here have been crying for for ages is to throw caution to the wind and go for it. The go for it move is, despite all his health concerns, to re-sign AJ on a long term deal. That's shooting for the stars and anything short of that is playing safe.

You make solid points.

When AJ is healthy and on the field, he is a game changer.

This game changing ability (when healthy) may help entice a good deal for him.

As you imply, keeping him in Cincy for say at least 3 more years could pay off if he can be durable.

This one is a tough call for me and I would want some opinions from some excellent Doctors before ultimately deciding.

Can he play 16 game seasons plus Playoff games going forward ?

Not seeing him on the field for so many games recently has me slightly leaning towards trading him but if he hits a long healthy stretch then he is likely a Star again on the field that would be nice to have with Burrow.
Reply/Quote
When is the last time a team franchised a player and traded him?

I am drawing a blank on the rules surrounding it and if he plays under the tag or the new team can extend him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If I’m taking Burrow there is no way I’m trading AJ. Why would you trade one of the best WRs in the game when you are about to draft an amazing QB? It’s like youd be TRYING to make him fail
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 04:46 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: I can't help but think that there's a far greater chance of AJ Green still being an elite receiver than any draft pick we receive for him developing into an elite receiver.

Hard to argue with any of this, but how many games has AJ missed in a row? 24 or somethin'?
Reply/Quote
Put a 1st round tender on him or tag then trade em.

Personally I hope he gets 3 more years in Cincy
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 05:29 PM)Housh Wrote: If I’m taking Burrow there is no way I’m trading AJ. Why would you trade one of the best WRs in the game when you are about to draft an amazing QB? It’s like youd be TRYING to make him fail

To play devils advocate, if you're trying to build the rest of the team for Joe to succeed, why spend that money on a player who's recent history says he cant stay on the field? How's that helping the team?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 02:55 PM)depthchart Wrote: I am not sure what the Trade value of AJ is right now but I would offer the Patriots AJ Green and a 5th round pick for their 1st round pick in 2020 (number 23 overall)

Would I be asking too much here ?   Too little ?    What do you all think AJ's value is in a Trade going into 2020 ?

Do we know if the Pats even have a 1st round pick yet? I quit paying attention, have they settled to filming the Bengals violation yet? One would think, that with the prior Spygate, the hammer would be dropped.... right Vontaze?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 05:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When is the last time a team franchised a player and traded him?

I am drawing a blank on the rules surrounding it and if he plays under the tag or the new team can extend him.

Clowney, Frank Clark and Dee Ford all last season.

(02-14-2020, 05:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hard to argue with any of this, but how many games has AJ missed in a row? 24 or somethin'?

True, but how many games had Eifert missed in the last 3 seasons before he played every game last year. I didn't see that coming and I reckon Eifert was more banged up than AJ.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 05:40 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Clowney, Frank Clark and Dee Ford all last season.

True, but how many games had Eifert missed in the last 3 seasons before he played every game last year. I didn't see that coming and I reckon Eifert was more banged up than AJ.

Well you got me on all that, as long as we sign AJ to an incentive laden deal I am fine with it.

I just don't like the thought of tagging AJ and him sitting out a lot next year costing us 18 mil.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 05:33 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Put a 1st round tender on him or tag then trade em.

Personally I hope he gets 3 more years in Cincy

can only Tag or extend him

could be Transition tag though which is cheaper and gives us options to match.

I would love to see him play 3 more years in cincy at a high level but im not certain that's left in the cards.. So since we are rebuilding its a good time to go grab someone younger
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 05:17 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: When is the last time a team franchised a player and traded him?

I don't normally pay too much attention unless it affects us... I believe Matt cassell was tagged then traded to the chiefs... but that's been a few years now.  
Reply/Quote
I understand AJ's injury history, but he's also deserves the respect given. I think giving a 5th is a little excessive. Trade AJ for a first and if we have to add a pic, make it a 7th. Hell, make it a 6th if you need to because miracles happen with a 6 (TB).

Reply/Quote
Not gonna happen The Bengals will Tag and then sign him long term. Esp now That Burrow is gonna be the pick hands down. You need a good vet top #1 wr and Green fits the role perfect... Green will have a monster year with a real QB finally too....
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 05:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: You make solid points.

When AJ is healthy and on the field, he is a game changer.

This game changing ability (when healthy) may help entice a good deal for him.

As you imply, keeping him in Cincy for say at least 3 more years could pay off if he can be durable.

This one is a tough call for me and I would want some opinions from some excellent Doctors before ultimately deciding.

Can he play 16 game seasons plus Playoff games going forward ?

Not seeing him on the field for so many games recently has me slightly leaning towards trading him but if he hits a long healthy stretch then he is likely a Star again on the field that would be nice to have with Burrow.
I don't think a Dr would give you that opinion. Guaranteeing to stay healthy for any player is nuts. 
I honestly don't see AJ going anywhere. Sign him to a 3 yr deal and let him teach a young Wr the nuances of the game.
Reply/Quote
Would not send a good message to Burrow to get rid of your best player, who will certainly make Burrows life easier.

Would not be a good economic decision to let him walk or get a small return for him in a trade when his value is low. Buy low, sell high. We would be fools to let him leave. A first round pick in a trade would be low value for what we would lose. Its rare to get a receiver of his caliber available in the 1st round.

I know a lot of fans think in terms of what have you done lately, but that is a good way to set your team back in this case. You don’t just give up on your best player.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2020, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well you got me on all that, as long as we sign AJ to an incentive laden deal I am fine with it.

I just don't like the thought of tagging AJ and him sitting out a lot next year costing us 18 mil.

There's no reason for AJ to sign that deal.
Reply/Quote