Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pats v Eagles Game
(12-06-2015, 08:52 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Too bad if Pats lose and Broncos win it will be a three way tie........ you need the second part to the tiebreaker rules.

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss
Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. Strength of victory.
  6. Strength of schedule.
  7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
  8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
  9. Best net points in common games.
  10. Best net points in all games.
  11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. Coin toss

I do believe these are the rules for within a division.  You have to look at the wild card rules for teams from different divisions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: too bad san diego didn't show up today, damn can they suck any more

Denver doesn't worry me at all . They will lose to both us and Pittsburgh. The raiders game will be a tough one as well for them.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: too bad san diego didn't show up today, damn can they suck any more

Yeah it sucks they usually play Denver tough too....but their O Line sucks!! Its all good though Denver has to see us before the dance! Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:54 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Conference record is the 4th tie breaker

For Within a divison.  It is 2nd for 2 teams from different divisions, and 3rd for 3 teams from different divisions.
Reply/Quote
Some crazy games tonight. Panthers / Saints is a very good game too.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 08:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I do believe these are the rules for within a division.  You have to look at the wild card rules for teams from different divisions.

and the very first rule there is to apply the division tie breaker rules until all teams are eliminated and before proceeding to step 2.
Reply/Quote
Watched the eagles luck their way to a halftime tie. Left the room to work on this homework i've been putting off. Turned the tv on and it's 35-14. Holy Shit!!!!!
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hey 6and .... How do you think you guys match up with Denver?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:01 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: and the very first rule there is to apply the division tie breaker rules until all teams are eliminated and before proceeding to step 2.

Yes, for any teams within the same division to eliminate them and have only the top team of each division.

In other words, if there are 3 teams tied, one from the north and 2 from the west, you do the division tiebreakers for the west to leave only one team standing.

These scenarios are 2 and 3 separate division leaders.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:05 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey 6and .... How do you think you guys match up with Denver?

If the Steelers offense is on, they could put up 40+ on Denver D, which is good because the Bronco's offense will put up 40+ on the Steelers' D.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals can and will beat Denver!
Reply/Quote
Don't go blow this Philly dam it.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:09 PM)6andcounting Wrote: If the Steelers offense is on, they could put up 40+ on Denver D, which is good because the Bronco's offense will put up 40+ on the Steelers' D.

You really think they can score like that on you guys? I know your defense isn't good but neither is the Broncos offense.

I think Denver will lose to both of us.
Reply/Quote
Ugh dear lord philly
Reply/Quote
Brady about to only be down 7 lol
Reply/Quote
Well KC won so can't clinch anything tonight.
Reply/Quote
I really think if it's in Cincinnati the Bengals can beat NE too!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 09:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yes, for any teams within the same division to eliminate them and have only the top team of each division.

In other words, if there are 3 teams tied, one from the north and 2 from the west, you do the division tiebreakers for the west to leave only one team standing.

These scenarios are 2 and 3 separate division leaders.

It is the same procedure, they do not have a different rule for conference tiebreaker. http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

This should still leave the Bengals in the one seed, if that is what your looking for. With 3 teams it first goes head to head, the Broncos beat the Patriots so they are eliminated from the tie break. Then, you go back to the two team head to head, Denver and Cincinnati have not played yet, and the next step is Division record in which Cincinnati is 4-0 and Denver is 3-1. Cincinnati should be the one seed if Pats lose.
Reply/Quote
If the Eagles blow this...........
Reply/Quote
Like I thought, Philly needs 38 to win...they're screwed. Bradford is a 3rd stringer.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote