Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Paul Alexander reportedly out.
(01-03-2018, 05:57 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Thank god

allen is better than darnold and the other dude from UCLA
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:40 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: http://www.perform-coach.com/coach-al.html

Enjoy..... :andy:

“Adult Piano Student”

ROFL

Also, doesn’t he look like a Hobbit standing next to NFL size linemen? I can imagine it would be hard to take him seriously, just by looking at him
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:16 PM)Takedown Wrote: Now everyone can rejoice and stop moaning. Maybe we'll get Munoz, Anderson or Lapham to be our next o-line coach?

Munoz and Lap would probably say no to the 'pay cut'!!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:41 PM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: “Adult Piano Student”  

ROFL

Also, doesn’t he look like a Hobbit standing next to NFL size linemen?  I can imagine it would be hard to take him seriously, just by looking at him

In all fairness, being an adult piano student at CCM is not exactly like taking lessons from the lady down the street.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:30 PM)cooper Wrote: marvin won the battle with mike brown..his son paul is now gone..get the offensive line coach from army..

Does he know how to coach the line to pass protect is the question with Army's O-line coach.

(01-03-2018, 07:33 PM)cooper Wrote: get one of the notre dame guys round 1..the pitt linemen round two/..beef up linebacker round 3

we are good..alexander is gone..bigger than most think..Marv has control

Need a Center, Price, Ragnow or Daniels are my tops right now in the 2nd.

(01-03-2018, 07:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: They do know how to block at Army! We could be the first modern era NFL team to attempt 4 passes a game.

But we could run!
Reply/Quote
I said during the season that I wanted PA gone even more than Marv. I knew someone (multiple people) would have to take the fall if Marv didn't, so here we are.

I guess this is enough to appease me...somewhat...for now. So does a staff shakeup qualify as "reboot 3.0"?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said during the season that I wanted PA gone even more than Marv. I knew someone (multiple people) would have to take the fall if Marv didn't, so here we are.

I guess this is enough to appease me...somewhat...for now. So does a staff shakeup qualify as "reboot 3.0"?

Yeah i was right there with you. Even if Marv is terrible in the Playoffs and primetime games. If this team has a good
O-line we can run the ball and take his ineptness out of the equation somewhat. Wanted PA gone more than Marv and
if Marv and Lazor pushed for this i must thank them.

Now lets get Del Rio for our next DC and a new LB coach to complete that reboot 3.0.
Reply/Quote
Jim McNally was one of the best offensive lines coaches around, left the game too early but has been a consultant for the Bengals.. love to see them bring him out of retirement...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fred's long gone (I think). Too bad. He'd love to explain.

Fred's suspension has been over for at least a couple months now. He just never came back. He's been a member of a different board since the old board died, so I imagine that played into his decisions.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I said during the season that I wanted PA gone even more than Marv. I knew someone (multiple people) would have to take the fall if Marv didn't, so here we are.

That's what it'll end up being called.

They have to change their philosophy, their attitude, the way they think, the way they operate, what they do on game days, what they do over the bye week, their entire belief system. 

And they won't change any of it.  Lipstick on the pig, treat the symptoms, not the disease, whatever you want to call it.  Players and assistants have come and gone, always the same result.

The whole organization needs a heart transplant.  So what do they do?  They get a facelift,  a nose job, a tummy tuck.

They still, to this day, cannot or will not see the error of their ways.  So they scapegoat, fall guy, bus throw. 

Marvin lays blame all around.  But correct me if I'm wrong, I have never, ever, not even once seen him point the finger at the man in the mirror.

Right now, they're talking a good game.  We've heard the FA talk before.  They know how to tell people what they want to hear.  So, we'll see on that one.

Getting rid of PA gets me one foot back in.  Words alone will not get the other one back in.   And I would bet that whoever the next DC is, his defense will look exactly like Paulie's did and he will not be anyone Marvin can't control.  I hope I'm wrong.  I'm hoping there's another Zim out there, though I'm pretty sure that's the last kind of guy Marvin will hire...or promote.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah i was right there with you. Even if Marv is terrible in the Playoffs and primetime games. If this team has a good
O-line we can run the ball and take his ineptness out of the equation somewhat. Wanted PA gone more than Marv and
if Marv and Lazor pushed for this i must thank them.

Now lets get Del Rio for our next DC and a new LB coach to complete that reboot 3.0.

There is a side of me that's even wondered if PA and his schemes have played a role in our PT/playoff struggles. We've never dominated the trenches against good opponents. I still think it's more of a Marv problem, but we'll see if it helps. 

Of course, firing PA is meaningless unless we replace him with a good coach. I'm on board with Del Rio as DC and he'd even be a "decent" candidate to eventually take over if the never-ending story Marv's tenure ever comes to a merciful end.

Agree on Haslett too. That guy is inept at everything he's ever done.
Reply/Quote
Best news of the year so far.

Reply/Quote
I will miss his scouting acumen.

I will miss our tackles backpedaling 5 yards in pass pro before initiating contact.

So long soft batch. May the paino be with you.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There is a side of me that's even wondered if PA and his schemes have played a role in our PT/playoff struggles. We've never dominated the trenches against good opponents. I still think it's more of a Marv problem, but we'll see if it helps. 

Of course, firing PA is meaningless unless we replace him with a good coach. I'm on board with Del Rio as DC and he'd even be a "decent" candidate to eventually take over if the never-ending story Marv's tenure ever comes to a merciful end.

Agree on Haslett too. That guy is inept at everything he's ever done.

PA being the assistant HC for all these years tells you something...

Big Willie with McNally helping him out sounds much more appealing to me than ole piano man.

Will just be nice to not hear the guy defending his players when they play terrible anymore.

No more fricking excuses man, lets get this O-line fixed. Del Rio and a guy like even Takeo Spikes might be cool with me.

Don't know how smart Takeo is as a coach though.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: That's what it'll end up being called.

They have to change their philosophy, their attitude, the way they think, the way they operate, what they do on game days, what they do over the bye week, their entire belief system. 

And they won't change any of it.  Lipstick on the pig, treat the symptoms, not the disease, whatever you want to call it.  Players and assistants have come and gone, always the same result.

The whole organization needs a heart transplant.  So what do they do?  They get a facelift,  a nose job, a tummy tuck.

They still, to this day, cannot or will not see the error of their ways.  So they scapegoat, fall guy, bus throw. 

Marvin lays blame all around.  But correct me if I'm wrong, I have never, ever, not even once point the finger at the man in the mirror.

Right now, they're talking a good game.  We've heard the FA talk before.  They know how to tell people what they want to hear.  So, we'll see on that one.

Getting rid of PA gets me one foot back in.  Words alone will not get the other one back in.   And I would bet that whoever the next DC is, his defense will look exactly like Paulie's did and he will not be anyone Marvin can't control.  I hope I'm wrong.  I'm hoping there's another Zim out there, though I'm pretty sure that's the last kind of guy Marvin will hire...or promote.

Whole lot of truth , buddy. This is just enough to get me back to where I was in the 2017 season, which was borderline apathetic. This does reek of making a sacrifice in order to keep Marv. 

As for any talk of free agency, any Bengals fan whose been paying attention should know better. Until I see it, that's just them trying to mend fences and (primarily) sell tickets via sweet talk.

Remember when Marv quoted Mike as saying "we're going to be aggressive in free agency" a few years back (right before season ticket renewals?) Pepperidge farm remembers. Who all did we sign? Michael Johnson? Lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: PA being the assistant HC for all these years tells you something...

Big Willie with McNally helping him out sounds much more appealing to me than ole piano man.

Will just be nice to not hear the guy defending his players when they play terrible anymore.

No more fricking excuses man, lets get this O-line fixed. Del Rio and a guy like even Takeo Spikes might be cool with me.

Love Big Willie.  Who wouldn't?  But what is his coaching resume? 

Not that I wouldn't have faith in him, I suppose, but I want someone who has proven he can coach NFL linemen.  Problem with that is, all the good ones have jobs.  No successful one will make a lateral move. 

So you're getting someone's assistant.  That could be good, I guess, if you know how to pick an up and comer.  Whoever it is, my hope is that he is the anti-PA.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: PA being the assistant HC for all these years tells you something...

Well if Takeo's brains are in his neck, he's probably the most brilliant football mind since Belichick.
Reply/Quote
Shake n Blake Wrote:So does a staff shakeup qualify as "reboot 3.0"?

Not much of a shakeup yet, with only one guy gone (but that's the biggest change that needed to happen). There's a whole lot of status quo left, but it's early days. Here's wondering if Hayes and Urban will stay, not to mention the whole defensive staff once/if Guenther goes. Also wondering if Lazor will keep the quarterback coach duties or hire a dedicated qb coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well if Takeo's brains are in his neck, he's probably the most brilliant football mind since Belichick.
No kidding.  That is the neckest neck of all.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: That's what it'll end up being called.

Marvin lays blame all around.  But correct me if I'm wrong, I have never, ever, not even once point the finger at the man in the mirror.

Remember Marvin's "Big Splash" statement about free agency 3 or 4 years ago ? Yet we went back to the bargain bin again !

I'm right there with ya buddy. I'm still in a holding pattern and will be until I see a lot more shaking and moving ! This team has to change the way it does business - period !

They have to really build the O-line back and that's gonna take free agency, they badly need a coverage LB, they need a safety, a real #2 wr and so on. They can't fix all of that in the draft.

And the core that's left doesn't have 3 or 4 years to wait.

We'll see if it's real in a few months
Reply/Quote