Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Paul Alexander reportedly out.
(01-03-2018, 03:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would like to see an O-line like this next season...

Boling - Westerman - Billy Price - Norwell - McGlinchey

I could get on board with that. I'd be good with Boling - Redmond - Westerman - Draft Pick/Free Agent - Draft Pick/Free Agent as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:00 PM)Takedown Wrote: No no no.. That mofo needs to go.

I wouldn't mind resigning him as a back up/swing interior lineman. As a back up we could do worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....was just discussing this at work.  Really, if you look at it, all you really need to make a noticeable difference is a LT.  I'm horrible with names anymore, but Westerman or Redmond has played C.  You may have at least a serviceable C there.  The other can play RG, Boling back to LG, and Dre/Fish/Winston can handle one more year at RT if Fish can return.....even if he can't they *should* be able to be a stop gap combo that doesn't completely derail your season.  It's patchwork, but could work, especially given that we would now most likely have an NFL caliber position coach.  

Now draft for Oline, get Oline in FA, and within a year, you could have a stellar unit, while fixing defensive holes at the same time, because at least for now, your oline can at least compete against Div 1A NCAA teams instead of the NAIA shit we've trotted out there for 2 years.  If you don't get a QB to groom this season, you have a couple years to do so, or get one early to compete day 1 while being competitive.

Of course, Mike Clown still lives, and Mediocre Merv gon' mediocre.......but there for a minute, you could almost see a real football organization on the horizon. LMAO

I'd like to move Boling back to G, but he appears to be the best LT on the roster. If the team goes with the status quo approach to free agency, just leave Boling at LT, Redmond at LG, Westerman at C and then go draft pick at RG and RT.

Who knows how things are going to shake out though. I'm trying to stifle my excitement right now, but moving on from Alexander the Great is huge news. I almost feel like if Marvin can talk Mike Brown into moving on from Alexander the Great, he may be able to talk him in to some other good things as well. Like I said though, I ALMOST feel it's possible. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:13 PM)Au165 Wrote: I wouldn't mind resigning him as a back up/swing interior lineman. As a back up we could do worse.

For sure, just not as a starter. No way.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:15 PM)Takedown Wrote: For sure, just not as a starter. No way.

I agree, but hey a 4th rounder turning into a good serviceable back up isn't the worst thing in the world. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Right, but what I'm getting at, is now you don't HAVE to start a rookie in game 1 to see an immediate improvement.  Who knows how long, or why Mozart has kept these guys on the bench, but maybe these guys are decent enough we can draft and spend in other areas instead of just oline.  I mean, we literally had NO ONE I wanted to start on the line just a few short weeks ago.  We mix up the blocking scheme a touch, things get a tad better.  We mix up the personnel, and it gets even better than that.  There are ways we can go now, we have options.......we don't have to focus on ONE position or ANOTHER.  We have guys that can play here and there that are at least serviceable.  We finally know this.  It opens things up a bit.

For sure, we had to have completely polished O-lineman before come in here in order to make up for PA's failures.

Now we might actually get an O-line coach that can coach these guys up. If we can coach up our worst players we will
be that much better. Just imagine if the new guy can get something out of Og or Fisher, yah never know, but we know
for pretty much damn sure PA wasn't gonna.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I could get on board with that. I'd be good with Boling - Redmond - Westerman - Draft Pick/Free Agent - Draft Pick/Free Agent as well.

Me too, i also like Ragnow or Daniels as far as Centers go in this upcoming draft if Price is not there for our 2nd round pick.

Just nice seeing something good out of Westerman and Redmond and this was with PA, who knows what a decent O-line
coach could get out of these guys. Boling playing decent at LT was pretty damn cool, gives us lots of ways to go.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, we had to have completely polished O-lineman before come in here in order to make up for PA's failures.

Now we might actually get an O-line coach that can coach these guys up. If we can coach up our worst players we will
be that much better. Just imagine if the new guy can get something out of Og or Fisher, yah never know, but we know
for pretty much damn sure PA wasn't gonna.

I watched the Texas A&M bowl game and almost every o-linemen does the samething Ced does. Hands are low and allow the defender to get the 1st punch...
Maybe he could be coached out of it, but it's not a hard thing to do and I wouldn't think it would take 2 years to do...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I watched the Texas A&M bowl game and almost every o-linemen does the samething Ced does. Hands are low and allow the defender to get the 1st punch...
Maybe he could be coached out of it, but it's not a hard thing to do and I wouldn't think it would take 2 years to do...

Maybe that's why PA wanted him so much, because that's how he coaches.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thank god
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 05:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I watched the Texas A&M bowl game and almost every o-linemen does the samething Ced does. Hands are low and allow the defender to get the 1st punch...

Makes sense that Og was always coached this way. It also shows you what a waste of an O-line coach PA is.

Or the fact Og doesn't seem to have the WANT in him to be great, he gives up way too early. This is why i have more
hope for Fisher if he gets his health taken care of. Hard to judge Fisher with what was going on and he was very solid
at Oregon unlike Og was at A&M.

Anyways, just a breath of fresh air being able to look to the future without Paul frickin' Alexander hurting this Offense. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I'm very happy he's gone ,he loved him some lineman that nobody else seen as good
Reply/Quote
Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa

WOOT ! Woot
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaa

WOOT ! Woot

Yeah brother! Made my day too ha ha! Rock On
Reply/Quote
It is about fricking time. What is troubling it took 23 years for the Bengals and some of you to realize Piano Man wasn’t worth shit as a coach. Hey where is Fredtoast at trying tell us he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Fredtoast I miss you man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: 3...2...1....

now the posts will start appearing that we are SB bound in 2018... Ninja

Lewis didn't get a 2 year contract for nothing...
Reply/Quote
We will see how the NFL views him by how many NFL teams look at him as their coach. After 23 years u think he would have a sterling reputation and someone will hire him. We will see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
marvin won the battle with mike brown..his son paul is now gone..get the offensive line coach from army..
Reply/Quote
get one of the notre dame guys round 1..the pitt linemen round two/..beef up linebacker round 3

we are good..alexander is gone..bigger than most think..Marv has control
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:30 PM)cooper Wrote: marvin won the battle with mike brown..his son paul is now gone..get the offensive line coach from army..

They do know how to block at Army! We could be the first modern era NFL team to attempt 4 passes a game.
Reply/Quote