Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Paul Alexander reportedly out.
(01-03-2018, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Simmons is probably the best coach on our team, if one came back i was hoping it was him.

Lets bring in Joe Rudolph for OLC, Jack Del Rio for DC and Takeo Spikes for LBC...

Big Willie been talkin on Twitter recently about really wanting to get the opportunity to coach OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the next guy will assess prospects in a way other than can they knock an old fat guy over. Fingers crossed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:26 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This is amazing news! I would love to see Big Willie Anderson come in as the new OLine coach. Regardless, I have a feeling the OLine is going to take a big step forward in the future.

I'd like to see an upgrade at C, Westerman start at G, and Boling at LT if they don't try to upgrade over Ced.

I would like to see an O-line like this next season...

Boling - Westerman - Billy Price - Norwell - McGlinchey
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Big Willie been talkin on Twitter recently about really wanting to get the opportunity to coach OL.

Awesome, heard from multiple guys on here Willie would never take the job... :andy:
Reply/Quote
At this point, its something.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: Holy shit, that's unbelievable, but great news.

Does not justify retaining Marvin even if they now sign two premium free agents and get rid of Bodine.

Does anyone really think Marv will win even one of the Steeler games next year or a playoff game if we get there?

Firing Alexander would have been great if the firing had been done by a new head coach.

I am going to cool off for a while and read the posts of everyone on this board who I really appreciate.

After 25 years of Mike Brown I have to see results to believe anything.

I will be back on board around draft time.

My best to all of the wonderful folks on this board and the great administrators! You folks are far and away the best thing about being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, heard from multiple guys on here Willie would never take the job... :andy:

He may or may not want to be an actual NFL OL coach, but he definitely wants to help:
https://twitter.com/BigWillie7179/status/948340101221900288
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This is amazing! Sounds like Marvin got full control
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it, but if true......it's about GD time.  I guess this means we finally know Son of Paul's threshold.  Merv will be here until 2028, Lazor until 2042 unless he has some success......you get the picture.

I'm guessing this was a big part of if marvin comes back...
Reply/Quote
Bodine better not come back
Reply/Quote
I just heard Marvin say the Piano Man is gone at his presser............ YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This makes me so so so happy.
Bring in Munoz as advisor or occasional assistant.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:26 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This is amazing news! I would love to see Big Willie Anderson come in as the new OLine coach. Regardless, I have a feeling the OLine is going to take a big step forward in the future.

I'd like to see an upgrade at C, Westerman start at G, and Boling at LT if they don't try to upgrade over Ced.

.....was just discussing this at work.  Really, if you look at it, all you really need to make a noticeable difference is a LT.  I'm horrible with names anymore, but Westerman or Redmond has played C.  You may have at least a serviceable C there.  The other can play RG, Boling back to LG, and Dre/Fish/Winston can handle one more year at RT if Fish can return.....even if he can't they *should* be able to be a stop gap combo that doesn't completely derail your season.  It's patchwork, but could work, especially given that we would now most likely have an NFL caliber position coach.  

Now draft for Oline, get Oline in FA, and within a year, you could have a stellar unit, while fixing defensive holes at the same time, because at least for now, your oline can at least compete against Div 1A NCAA teams instead of the NAIA shit we've trotted out there for 2 years.  If you don't get a QB to groom this season, you have a couple years to do so, or get one early to compete day 1 while being competitive.

Of course, Mike Clown still lives, and Mediocre Merv gon' mediocre.......but there for a minute, you could almost see a real football organization on the horizon. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:25 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: The o line just improved without signing a new player.  Sayonara to that turnstile teaching mass of blubbery ineptitude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol...
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I'm guessing this was a big part of if marvin comes back...

All jokes aside, I believe so too......which lends credence to the people that have said for years Merv got saddled with this deadbeat.  I mean, you're the 32nd ranked offense in the league, and you retain the OC, but shitcan the useless oline baffoon......kinda speaks volumes.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....was just discussing this at work.  Really, if you look at it, all you really need to make a noticeable difference is a LT.  I'm horrible with names anymore, but Westerman or Redmond has played C.  You may have at least a serviceable C there.  The other can play RG, Boling back to LG, and Dre/Fish/Winston can handle one more year at RT if Fish can return.....even if he can't they *should* be able to be a stop gap combo that doesn't completely derail your season.  It's patchwork, but could work, especially given that we would now most likely have an NFL caliber position coach.  

Now draft for Oline, get Oline in FA, and within a year, you could have a stellar unit, while fixing defensive holes at the same time, because at least for now, your oline can at least compete against Div 1A NCAA teams instead of the NAIA shit we've trotted out there for 2 years.  If you don't get a QB to groom this season, you have a couple years to do so, or get one early to compete day 1 while being competitive.

Of course, Mike Clown still lives, and Mediocre Merv gon' mediocre.......but there for a minute, you could almost see a real football organization on the horizon. LMAO

McGlinchey can play LT or RT, i hope we draft this guy with our first pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: ........finally.......a small fleck of hope has trickled out......

Or it could be diarrhea from drinking the koolaid too long?

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 03:20 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yep right after Marin said it I could hear Kool and the Gang celebrating good times.

You beat me to it !!!! 1tst thing I thought was to cue up Kool and the gang " celebration "!!!!!
Reply/Quote
How yall going to abandon me at Vikings headquarters and speed back home. So easily sold.....

This is good news tho.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....was just discussing this at work.  Really, if you look at it, all you really need to make a noticeable difference is a LT.  I'm horrible with names anymore, but Westerman or Redmond has played C.  You may have at least a serviceable C there.  The other can play RG, Boling back to LG, and Dre/Fish/Winston can handle one more year at RT if Fish can return.....even if he can't they *should* be able to be a stop gap combo that doesn't completely derail your season.  It's patchwork, but could work, especially given that we would now most likely have an NFL caliber position coach.  

My hope is that it will be possible to Marv proof the team to  a place that it will be too good for Marv to **** up.  We were almost there in 2015.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: McGlinchey can play LT or RT, i hope we draft this guy with our first pick.

Right, but what I'm getting at, is now you don't HAVE to start a rookie in game 1 to see an immediate improvement.  Who knows how long, or why Mozart has kept these guys on the bench, but maybe these guys are decent enough we can draft and spend in other areas instead of just oline.  I mean, we literally had NO ONE I wanted to start on the line just a few short weeks ago.  We mix up the blocking scheme a touch, things get a tad better.  We mix up the personnel, and it gets even better than that.  There are ways we can go now, we have options.......we don't have to focus on ONE position or ANOTHER.  We have guys that can play here and there that are at least serviceable.  We finally know this.  It opens things up a bit.

(01-03-2018, 04:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Or it could be diarrhea from drinking the koolaid too long?

LMAO.....could be......although, I've never been much on the koolaid....more of a realist.  However, this was a huge move, for future coaching staffs as well.

Reply/Quote